Falsehoods

Jo

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
There seems to be an imbalance regarding when a female makes an accusation  vs. a preacher saying something from the pulpit.

In the "old" days, Jack Hyles and others repeatedly said they wouldn't believe an accusation made against another preacher, unless there were 2 witnesses (?). Not sure of the exact number but am guessing if a female had an accusation against a preacher or teacher, she did not count as a "witness".

Here's the thing:  Most of us believed what Jack Hyles said from the pulpit.  His stories were entertaining and his sermons powerful. Were they just exaggerations?  Whatever, the case, did we ever ask for witnesses for anything he said?  I know there was a lot of hero worship going on. Bro. Hyles may have been quoted more than the Bible (maybe that's an exaggeration on my part).

I have learned to be careful about who and what I believe. 

fishinnut said:
Preachers Fishermen have never ever not-one-time been know to exaggerate...... ::) ::) ::)

Fixed it for you.

That made me laugh out loud 8)

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Preachers Fishermen have never ever not-one-time been know to exaggerate...... ::) ::) ::)

Fixed it for you.
Them too....that why I takes pics.

Photoshop
Something you must use evidently.

Yeah, I fish too.
Here's Jo, trying to be a serious like, and you come in and ruin her rant.  Curses!  :mad:

It's that fish guys fault.

Jo said:
There seems to be an imbalance regarding when a female makes an accusation  vs. a preacher saying something from the pulpit.

In the "old" days, Jack Hyles and others repeatedly said they wouldn't believe an accusation made against another preacher, unless there were 2 witnesses (?). Not sure of the exact number but am guessing if a female had an accusation against a preacher or teacher, she did not count as a "witness".

Here's the thing:  Most of us believed what Jack Hyles said from the pulpit.  His stories were entertaining and his sermons powerful. Were they just exaggerations?  Whatever, the case, did we ever ask for witnesses for anything he said?  I know there was a lot of hero worship going on. Bro. Hyles may have been quoted more than the Bible (maybe that's an exaggeration on my part).

Well it is in scripture against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.I Timothy 5:19  So there's that. and then I think as far as doctrine we are definitely told to search the scriptures but the stories . . .  I think it very hard to try to pick out exaggerations and actual hard evidence complete matter of fact truth to any of those and contextually it is difficult in retrospect even in audio recordings to come to a conclusion as to whether the audience was in on the tongue and cheek type of narrative or they were flat out purposely lied to.

Did Jack Hyles ever tell an untruth in the pulpit?  I am sure he did.  Does it effect your daily walk or you at all after HE's BEEN DEAD FOR 18 STINIKIN YEARS!!!!  My goodness get on with your life!

TidesofTruth said:
Jo said:

Well it is in scripture against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.I Timothy 5:19  So there's that. and then I think as far as doctrine we are definitely told to search the scriptures but the stories . . .  I think it very hard to try to pick out exaggerations and actual hard evidence complete matter of fact truth to any of those and contextually it is difficult in retrospect even in audio recordings to come to a conclusion as to whether the audience was in on the tongue and cheek type of narrative or they were flat out purposely lied to.

Did Jack Hyles ever tell an untruth in the pulpit?  I am sure he did.  Does it effect your daily walk or you at all after HE's BEEN DEAD FOR 18 STINIKIN YEARS!!!!  My goodness get on with your life!

It is also in scripture that lying lips are an abomination to the Lord.