FBC former pianist

tobytyler

Elect
Reaction score
A few months back, a former HB teacher who was also the FBC pianist admitted that he had inappropriate conduct with some HB students.  It was talked about for some time, but now, I haven't heard any updates.
Is there anything legally that is coming or are there civil lawsuits in the works? 

It seemed the story broke, it lingered for a bit, then evaporated.  Any news or updates?

The following "confession" was pasted onto Jeri's blog.  Any thoughts or updates?

http://jeriwho.net/lillypad2/?p=12478

I am Bob Olsen. To many of you reading this, mine is not a pleasant name because of the things you have read recently about my past. It is true that many years ago I was involved with a terrible sin that hurt a number of people. I was definitely wrong and I openly confess that sin to all who read this. Though decades have passed, the guilt and the hurt and the wrong of the sin is not lessened by time. As Charles Stanley has said so often, “We reap what we sow, later than we sow, and more than we sow.” Though I have worked with some wonderful ministries, God’s law of reaping and sowing has come back to me. I have lost my job, my church, much of the respect I had from people, and many friends except for a few faithful people who have helped me through this difficult time of exposure.

Many years ago I asked God to forgive me. I also asked to forgive me and let him know that such heinous activities were not going on any more. Now I ask the forgiveness of all I have hurt. I cannot go back and redo those days, and just asking forgiveness does not necessarily relieve pain that I caused. Someone said that there is healing in coming out with the truth, and that is partly true. The true healing comes in forgiving. I ask you to forgive me, and I forgive anyone who has written anything to hurt me in the last few weeks. I have seen God definitely guiding me through this painful time. He is more my sufficiency than He has ever been before. Isaiah said, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.” I have found that to be true.

Somebody else is putting this confession on the web for me. I will not see your comments. I do not have to hide my past anymore. I am truly sorry for what I did to innocent people.

Bob Olsen

According to a victim's comment on that blog, Olsen had the audacity to question his victim's salvation in a letter.

Olsen's  public letter notes he was "forgiving" those who dared post about his horrible abuse (as if that was a wrong thing to do!). He also complained about " this difficult time of exposure".

Just like all abusers it is really all about him and what he is going through. IMHO it does not sound as if there has been any change in him - he just got caught.

He was fired as the pianist from the church he was attending and was told to leave the church  because they found out.  Someone from that church told me that FBC knew what he was doing this and sent him on his way.  No charges have been filed and it's been very quiet.  He lives in his dad's home and I'm sure his private piano lesson days are now over. 

I saw something a long time ago about Scott Gross... The guy who ran the cemetery. It was noting more then does anyone know whats up with this guy they are looking into him... Then nothing (except he no longer works there and in fashion they erased him).
Does anyone know what happened to him?

There is a new scandel on DRHAC, if you attended HAC in the late 70's and early 80's, you will remember Katy Hardy and her husband Max Hardy. Wondering how HAC will handle this one.

kaba said:
There is a new scandel on DRHAC, if you attended HAC in the late 70's and early 80's, you will remember Katy Hardy and her husband Max Hardy. Wondering how HAC will handle this one.

Closed group. Not a member. Do you have any links we non-members can see?

Go to Katy Hardy 's facebook page she has it open to the public and you can read her story.

Scott was a bad boy.  Very bad boy!  He is divorced.  Couldn't get enough of women - grieving women and was going to conventions and hooking up with other women.  He went to the RU in Illinois for a period of time and now smells like a rose. 

Still There said:
Scott was a bad boy.  Very bad boy!  He is divorced.  Couldn't get enough of women - grieving women and was going to conventions and hooking up with other women.  He went to the RU in Illinois for a period of time and now smells like a rose.

Yes. This and he was also quite violent from what I understand. Very bad temper!

kaba said:
Go to Katy Hardy 's facebook page she has it open to the public and you can read her story.

KH's story is another sad one to read.

Sorry, apparently I'm not following the recent theme here. Billy Graham spoke kindly about someone that we don't associate with or approve!

Let's get angry and fired up about that instead!  ::) :-[ ???

Matthew1323 said:
kaba said:

Sorry, apparently I'm not following the recent theme here. Billy Graham spoke kindly about someone that we don't associate with or approve!

Absolutely heart rending!  :(

Matthew1323 said:
kaba said:

You are such a liberal!! :)

BALAAM said:
Still There said:

Yes. This and he was also quite violent from what I understand. Very bad temper!

Yes, he was very violent.  His wife and kids now attend Southpoint. 

tobytyler said:
The following "confession" was pasted onto Jeri's blog.  Any thoughts or updates?

I am Bob Olsen. To many of you reading this, mine is not a pleasant name because of the things you have read recently about my past. It is true that many years ago I was involved with a terrible sin that hurt a number of people. I was definitely wrong and I openly confess that sin to all who read this. Though decades have passed, the guilt and the hurt and the wrong of the sin is not lessened by time. As Charles Stanley has said so often, “We reap what we sow, later than we sow, and more than we sow.” Though I have worked with some wonderful ministries, God’s law of reaping and sowing has come back to me. I have lost my job, my church, much of the respect I had from people, and many friends except for a few faithful people who have helped me through this difficult time of exposure.

Many years ago I asked God to forgive me. I also asked to forgive me and let him know that such heinous activities were not going on any more. Now I ask the forgiveness of all I have hurt. I cannot go back and redo those days, and just asking forgiveness does not necessarily relieve pain that I caused. Someone said that there is healing in coming out with the truth, and that is partly true. The true healing comes in forgiving. I ask you to forgive me, and I forgive anyone who has written anything to hurt me in the last few weeks. I have seen God definitely guiding me through this painful time. He is more my sufficiency than He has ever been before. Isaiah said, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.” I have found that to be true.

Somebody else is putting this confession on the web for me. I will not see your comments. I do not have to hide my past anymore. I am truly sorry for what I did to innocent people.

Bob Olsen

Anybody know if this crime was at FBC or Dyer?  Fired from piano at FBC or Dyer?

Still There said:
Yes, he was very violent.  His wife and kids now attend Southpoint. 
Yes I knew that (Not the violent part so sad Noel seems so nice)... Do you ever come to Southpoint or have you? If so we may know each other.......

Binaca Chugger said:
tobytyler said:

Bob Olsen

Anybody know if this crime was at FBC or Dyer?  Fired from piano at FBC or Dyer?

His acts for which he's confessing are from the late 70's/early 80's.  (But he continued his passion for teaching/mentoring, even taking two boys on a vacation every summer; diffferent boys every summer. So there may be more victims than what have come out.)

He was fired from Dyer.  I've heard that FBC knew what was going on and they were to let him go, but he resigned first in the mid 90's, and then Dyer hired him, first as their pianist, and then brought on full-time as their music pastor), not knowing anything of his past.  Kudos to the administration at Dyer for letting him go once they first heard of the accusations.

No Kudos to FBC if they did not let Dyer know why they let him go! But it is good to see a church (Dyer) react quickly!

BALAAM said:
Still There said:

Bad temper when it came to his wife, children (maybe?) and small animals. Strangely enough he did not ever express his violent temper with me or any capable male,... That I know of.

Wasn't there some sort of story about him burning a place down?

kaba said:
No Kudos to FBC if they did not let Dyer know why they let him go! But it is good to see a church (Dyer) react quickly!

FBC did not fire him.  He left by choice.  He promoted Charles Stanley *gasp* and was having backlash from administration for several other reasons, that I do not believe were related to abuse.  To my knowledge, FBC knew nothing of it.  I am very curious about when this started coming out about him.