Final Approach

BALAAM

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I am not a businessman that travels a lot but have been able to fly quite a bit. When you are on a long flight you kind of try to look down and see something familiar because you know you will soon be home.

Two years and one month ago I asked for prayer because my dad was supposed to die. He kind of rallied and even though he was not back to normal he actually lived fairly normal with all of his medical conditions in and out of home, hospital, rehab, etc. for two years. He was sent home on Monday and they discontinued his dialysis and they say he will only live from 3 days to two weeks. It has been a long haul and I know he has the lights of the runway in sight!

If you would, please pray for my mom especially. She is very northern and very stoic. Very non-emotional and even though she wants it to end she is dying inside.
She has taken my dad almost every day for the past several years to doctors appointments, nursing home visits, dialysis, and whatever. Never complains. I don't think she has to worry about money or anything like that but this is a once in a lifetime event, hopefully.

On Wednesday of this week, Bro. Eddy Lapina and his girls tour group stopped in and sang for my dad. My sister-in-law could not believe it and she said she had tears in her eyes. I was able to go up yesterday (about 5 hours away) to see him probably for the last time. My Son-In-Law will come from Virginia and preach his funeral.

My dad is in great spirits but there are people around and it is difficult to really talk to him about what he thinks and all that. I have talked to several people in messages about what is going on but in reality I have been on here for several years and come hell or high water I feel that all of you are my friends! Tough going the next week or two.

Difficult time and I can empathize. Will be praying for God's grace to be felt by you and your family.

Dear Balaam,
My prayers will be with you and your parents.
Sincerely,
Brainisengaged

It is never easy to say goodbye to those we love, especially a parent.
Praying for your family.

Prayed for you, your mother, your father, and the rest of the family.

May you be sustained in Him!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, brother.

My dad died in 2008 ..I have walked in your shoes. My prayers are with you!!

Praying for you Baalam.

My dad arrived safely at at his final destination about 7:30 yesterday morning.

Grace and peace be upon you all.  Continuing to pray.

My heart is saddened with you but rejoicing.

praying for you and your family!!

I wish to thank everyone for every thought and prayer. My dad had his funeral on Friday and was buried on Saturday. I know my mom is going to be lonely but she is also very relieved to have this finally over.

EL and his tour group stopped by my folks house. They all sang about a week ago. He also stopped by on Thursday and he and his wife gave my mom a plant. Pastor Wilkerson also stopped by. Shocked the daylights out of me! He, along with Ray Young were on their way up north for an alumni get together. Extremely grateful for their concern.