Gender reveal parties are a waste of time...

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
... who are we to determine what gender the kid wants to be? C'mon, people! Stop the frivolities! You are pushing us all the way back to 2015 with that kind of thinking!

Seriously, isn't it ironic that society is placing a greater emphasis and celebratory declaration of the gender of the unborn while a few are stripping society of its common sense?

Obama is driving the insanity. http://www.allenbwest.com/michellejesse/breaking-obama-makes-massive-move-on-transgender-bathrooms-in-schools

One: Words have genders. Babies have sexes. So it's actually a sex-reveal party, not a gender-reveal party, unless you're inviting all your friends over to celebrate grammar.

Two: Since I first heard of them, maybe 10 years ago, sex-reveal parties have struck me as ridiculously self-indulgent, particularly if gifts are expected (isn't that what a baby shower is for?).  On the other hand, I'll accept any flimsy excuse to come over and drink your liquor.

Three (and more to the point of FSSL's OP): I'm actually surprised that I haven't yet seen an article decrying these parties because it's unfair to the baby who may decide later that he's a girl or an "otherkin" wombat or something. A few years ago the moonbats at Slate actually wrote an article about how declaring the sex of a baby at birth was some sort of human-rights abuse. I can't see the Unhinged Left being any happier about gender-reveal parties.

Do liberals have gender reveal parties every time they change their gender?
That gives a new definition to party time.

Has anyone mentioned that Liberalism is idiotic?  :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
That gives a new definition to party time.

Sounds like a great excuse to demand gifts from your liberal friends.

Go back and forth a couple times, and you could completely make over your wardrobe.

Ransom said:
One: Words have genders. Babies have sexes. So it's actually a sex-reveal party...

The question remains: "Would Facebook prohibit you from posting a sex-reveal party?"

Lol

Tarheel Baptist said:

Do you have to get re-baptized when you change your gender?

Baptist may give you additional giving envelopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to call that "streaking"....

earnestly contend