God Loves you just the way you are?

Tom Brennan said:
This thread is one of the great reasons I reject reformed theology. I cannot abide the idea that God hates people. Such a god is the god of Islam, not the God of the Bible. The Scripture is the revelation of God. If it reveals ANYTHING about God it reveals His holiness and His love.  Those are neither contradictory nor negotiable. They are pure and precious fact. The Scripture is soaked in it from one end to the other.

It's obvious that I reject Reformed Theology.

So God doesn't hate Christ rejecters?

You need to reread what the writer of Hebrews said about those who have trodden under foot the Son of God. They are to be punished worse than those who died without mercy under the law of Moses.

Do you believe in Anillation?

ItinerantPreacher said:
praise_yeshua said:
Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:
I thought God was angry with the wicked?

God still loves those with whom He is angry. God still loves the wicked.

I've heard that to....

So God loves those that reject His offering of His Son?

God is patient. His anger is upon all those who reject the Gospel. In fact, they are condemned all ready.

Hopelessly throwing someone in Hell for all Eternity isn't an act of love. I'd love tonsay that it was... It's not a paradox. As much as God loves.... God hates.

Who can quence His anger? There is no offering for those that reject Christ.
Those are competing or contradictory thoughts.

God is patient. True

His anger is upon those who reject the gospel. Partially true, or an incomplete truth

In fact they are condemned already. True

The fact that they are condemned does not necessitate that His anger is upon them, His patience is actually withholding that giving them opportunity to be saved. Considering the frailty of human life, they are a hairsbreadth from receiving God's anger, but that anger is limited until they pass from this life without accepting Christ. Then that anger will be poured out against them. Their condemnation is determined, their punishment is not. Because God is complete, balanced, lacking nothing, His anger, His love and His patience or longsuffering are also all perfectly balanced.

I can be angry with someone while reserving the expression of that anger till a later time. God is angry with the wicked, but allows them to operate inside free will until they die, then he executes judgment upon them, unless they accept Christ, then His anger is appeased through Christ.

I agree with you to some degree. However, nothing changes the fact that God wrath isn't appeased for those who reject Chriat. Patience and Longsuffering may stay Judgement but it's inevitable without the individual changing.

praise_yeshua said:

You need to reread what the writer of Hebrews said about those who have trodden under foot the Son of God. They are to be punished worse than those who died without mercy under the law of Moses.

No.
You continue to conflate punishment with hatred.
Define it a little; I'm unclear on your meaning.

Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

No.

How do you addess the Eternal punishment of Hell?

Is it good for those being punished? We're not talking about just eternal confinemeny. We're talking about eternal overwhelming pain and torment. Don't tell me that doesn't have anything to do with wrath or anger.

God punishes His own for their profit. Is the Eternal punishment of the wicked for their profit?

praise_yeshua said:
Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

No.

Is it good for those being punished? We're not talking about just eternal confinemeny. We're talking about eternal overwhelming pain and torment. Don't tell me that doesn't have anything to do with wrath or anger.

God punishes His own for their profit. Is the Eternal punishment of the wicked for their profit?
I don't know why people feel they have to reject this.

God hates some people.

"Esau have I hated"...

Eternal Hell, with God looking on, watching you suffer....that is not love.

God is Love.

To reject Him, is to reject love.

God allows us to reject Him.

God hates those who do so.

This isn't even unfair, much less unimaginable.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

praise_yeshua said:

I never said it didn't have anything to do with wrath/anger. Of course it does. God is as much a God of wrath as He is a God of grace. But wrath does not = hatred. I can be furious with my neighbor for any number of justifiable reasons but I am still commanded to love him. For that matter, I can be furious with my enemy and yet I am also still commanded to love him. Why? So that I can be like God is said Jesus in the greatest sermon ever preached.

On what planet do you have to live to think I am commanded to do that which God does not do Himself, and on which I am a better lover than God is?

Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

I never said it didn't have anything to do with wrath/anger. Of course it does. God is as much a God of wrath as He is a God of grace. But wrath does not = hatred. I can be furious with my neighbor for any number of justifiable reasons but I am still commanded to love him. For that matter, I can be furious with my enemy and yet I am also still commanded to love him. Why? So that I can be like God is said Jesus in the greatest sermon ever preached.

On what planet do you have to live to think I am commanded to do that which God does not do Himself, and on which I am a better lover than God is?

Vengence is mine saith the Lord? We are commanded of God not to take Vengence but God, Himself, takes Vengence. I can list many other attributes or characteristics of God that He reserves for Himself. Your argument is overly simplistic.

You can't Love something you destroy. Life is God's gift to those He loves. Death is God's judgment to those He hates.

I asked you some very simple questions. You then proceed to go on a rant about Gods love. Well Jesus said sinners love their own. Sinners... Without the love of God... Love their own. Sinners love sin... Sinners love iniquity... Sinners love one another and will even sacrifice themselves for other sinners.

I don't believe you truly understand love. You might make the case that punishment is done in love... To produce something good within those punished. You can't make the case that punishment that brings destruction is Love.

It's hatred. Wrath. Destructive...Wrath doesn't work love.

Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

Our human enemies are equally sinners in God's eyes.

God's enemies are not equal to Him, but rather His own property that has rebelled.

Psa 139:21 ? Psa 139:24

Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee?
and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with perfect hatred:
I count them mine enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Tim said:
Does Jesus love me if I use a NIV Bible?

A few weeks back I heard a preacher say (at another church, not my home church) that you can't be saved and use the NIV.

Sounds like no love. Or tough love maybe

That's not really a matter of love or lack of it. More like a case of brainwashed BS.

God's love is Conditional. That is why He commands all men everywhere to REPENT.  (Acts 17:30)

It's like dealing with these lovey dovey professing Christians that are saying that God is just all love and that He loves everyone. When in fact, God does not love everyone. There are people out there who God hates and abhors.

Psalm 5:4-5 King James Version (KJV)

4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Psalm 10:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.

4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Psalm 11:5-7 King James Version (KJV)

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Tom Brennan said:
Because His love has nothing to do with what we are/are not like. Conflating the two is an enormous mistake.
Well said Tom.

God hates sin so bad he has condemned all sinners to Hell. God also has enormous grace and has made a way for "all" sinners to avoid hell if they choose. I look at it like the mother who sits on death row with her ax murderer son. She hates his actions and what he has become but she still loves her son with a God given love like only a mother can and will sit with him until the they take him away to die.

God chooses to love us in spite of who we are and what we do. His grace is great than all my sin.

praise_yeshua said:
Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

Vengence is mine saith the Lord? We are commanded of God not to take Vengence but God, Himself, takes Vengence. I can list many other attributes or characteristics of God that He reserves for Himself. Your argument is overly simplistic.

You can't Love something you destroy. Life is God's gift to those He loves. Death is God's judgment to those He hates.

I asked you some very simple questions. You then proceed to go on a rant about Gods love. Well Jesus said sinners love their own. Sinners... Without the love of God... Love their own. Sinners love sin... Sinners love iniquity... Sinners love one another and will even sacrifice themselves for other sinners.

I don't believe you truly understand love. You might make the case that punishment is done in love... To produce something good within those punished. You can't make the case that punishment that brings destruction is Love.

God loves every sinner that has ever lived that is why Jesus Died for our sins. He made a way to escape the punishment for our sins. Gods wrath is toward sin not the sinner. Just as we hate the cancer that is in our love one and we will make a way for it to be removed. The love one must choose to accept the treatment the doctor recommends.
John 3:15-18
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

sword said:
praise_yeshua said:
Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

God loves every sinner that has ever lived that is why Jesus Died for our sins. He made a way to escape the punishment for our sins. Gods wrath is toward sin not the sinner. Just as we hate the cancer that is in our love one and we will make a way for it to be removed. The love one must choose to accept the treatment the doctor recommends.
John 3:15-18
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
The Doctor doesn't toss the patient in the crematory because they fail to follow his instructions.

The patient isn't "under the doctor's authority", but rather is a contractor, being hired by the patient.

The patient isn't the Doctor's property, to do with as he wills.

The Doctor didn't die for the patient, who hated him at the time.

Your analogy is a foul ball.
You didn't hit, but you didn't make an out yet.
Take another swing.

8)

earnestly contend