God Not Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route_70

Elect
Reaction score
Before commenting on this subject further, I decided to look up the definition of the word morality.

most definitions can be summed up as follows:  "principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior."

As I suspected: morality is in fact subjective, not objective.  Our morals are based on how we expect behavior to be.  This can be and probably usually is subject to what we are taught.  Not everyone is taught the same thing regarding morality.  There is no God-given sense of morality.  If one gets his morality from the Bible, then that is subjective.

I was taught that sexual behavior between an adult and a child is immoral.  Apparently the good, church-going, God-fearing, Bible toting, Sunday School attending people of North Corinth Baptist Church were not taught this.  Apparently their pastor was not taught this either, since he had been informed repeatedly of the illicit behavior of the principal of his school.

It was left to an atheist to exercise his morals to stop this child predator.  For his efforts, those same good, church-going, God-fearing, Bible toting, Sunday School attending people of North Corinth Baptist Church , along with many of the members of this forum have chosen to denigrate and scoff at the atheist.

He has been accused of trolling this forum for reporting the facts.  The second string admin of this site has seen fit to muzzle and scoff at the atheist.

Someone please give me a good reason to have any respect for Christianity and its nonsense system of morality.

Choosing to ignore or despise a written code you are left to accept everyone's behavior.

Moa and Stalin accepted this approach and saw nothing wrong with their actions. Resulting in a body count, in their century, greater than the previous 19 centuries.

Written codes all have a premise. They all direct human behavior.

You followed the written codes of your state. If proven, those who didn't report should be indicted as conspirators. That's the code.

Civility exists in an objective moral code.

If the history of mankind has anything to say to us it's this: There is an absolute guide to civility. Acknowledging it comes from God, doesn't make it void. It still exists.

Jim Jones said:
Choosing to ignore or despise a written code you are left to accept everyone's behavior.

I disagree.  Are you suggesting that I have to accept the code of ISIS?

Jim Jones said:
Moa and Stalin accepted this approach and saw nothing wrong with their actions. Resulting in a body count, in their century, greater than the previous 19 centuries.

And as I pointed out, NCBC claimed a different approach from mine, resulting in nine counts against their principal -- counts going back for at least five years.  And the investigation isn't done.  I exercised mine; and the results are news worthy.

Jim Jones said:
Written codes all have a premise. They all direct human behavior.

I agree.

Jim Jones said:
Civility exists in an objective moral code.

That depends on the code.

1) "Never judge a philosophy by its abuse."
2) On what basis is your judgment of the child abuser the right moral ethic?

ALAYMAN said:
1) "Never judge a philosophy by its abuse."

You mean as in "Never judge Nazism by its abuse?"

ALAYMAN said:
2) On what basis is your judgment of the child abuser the right moral ethic?

I didn't consider whether what I did concerning the child abuse was the right moral ethic or the wrong moral ethic [what a crock!].  I operated on purely selfish motives:  I was aware of the Mandatory Reporting statute in my state.  I did not want to go to jail for breaking the law.

And that's it.  I am an atheist.  What do I care if children were being molested?

So you see what I mean?  My subjective morality saved children.  Your objective morality allowed a child molester to operate for years unmolested.

Route_70 said:
The second string admin of this site has seen fit to muzzle and scoff at the atheist.

In accordance with the dictates of my subjective morality. Suck it up, buttercup.

Ransom said:
Route_70 said:
The second string admin of this site has seen fit to muzzle and scoff at the atheist.

In accordance with the dictates of my subjective morality. Suck it up, buttercup.

Hey, second-stringer: FSSL needs to consider demoting you.  You do nothing but scoff.  Your comments are almost always petulant and childish.  YOU are the troll, not I.

NAMBLA would disagree with you using your logic.

Ransom said:
Route_70 said:

ROFL

You are a bit of a 3 note alto.

Maybe reading a book might help.  May I suggest something on morality and civility.

You don't believe the Bible.  We get that, but there are plenty of other books that might help you and others live a happier life.  I would also try visiting another church.  Thankfully, they are not all like the one you apparently attended.

Anyone have suggestions on books to read.

Jim Jones said:
NAMBLA would disagree with you using your logic.

I wouldn't know.  That is your field of expertise.

Route_70 said:
FSSL needs to consider demoting you.

That's your morality.

You do nothing but scoff.

That's my morality. Since you started this thread by saying morality is subjective, why are you complaining?

Since this thread was started only to attack me, I am going to exercise my personal morality again and lock it. Deal with  it, Subjective Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.