Good Ole Days

This series speaks very well to the need for mutual accountability within a congregation, which can come through a plurality of elders as well as an understanding of the proper polity to be exercised within a Baptist congregation.
Some would say inject Psalms 105:15-17 Touch not God annointed and inject story of Korah and the collections of committee members here.

I believe the Korah Kabal had concerns about Moses and faced him with their concerns instead of letting God address it. Thats what they would say.

Who is supposed to hold pastors to that higher standard??
Many would say unless it's blatant sin or criminal activity it's best to let God deal with it.

They would say do we believe God is powerless to address a pastor's actions. Does he now need us to handle it for him. In the Bible God brought judgement on the civil and spiritual leaders.

In the case of Schapp there was clear evidence of both moral indescretion as well as criminal activity. I seems the deacon board addressed it and he was both removed from his position and turned over to civil authority who acted as well. Because of her age I was suprised he got as long of a sentence as he did, but justice was swift and harsher than I expected as it should have been. If he had been 18 and not in a position of authority he would likely have not faced any charges.

Last edited:
Many would say unless it's blatant sin or criminal activity it's best to let God deal with it.

They would say do we believe God is powerless to address a pastor's actions. Does he now need us to handle it for him. In the Bible God brought judgement on the civil and spiritual leaders.

In the case of Schapp there was clear evidence of both moral indescretion as well as criminal activity. I seems the deacon board addressed it and he was both removed from his position and turned over to civil authority who acted as well. Because of her age I was suprised he got as long of a sentence as he did, but justice was swift and harsher than I expected as it should have been. If he had been 18 and not in a position of authority he would likely have not faced any charges.
Where in the Bible does it say we are to leave it to God to deal with pastors?

Where in the Bible does it say we are to leave it to God to deal with pastors?
That's not my position, I was just pointing out many believe that.

They use Psalms 105:15-17 David and not touching God's annointed, Romans 13:1-2 Subject unto higher power, and Numbers 16 Korah and his kabal questioning the decesions of Moses.

I think just like government there must be checks and balances and there must be oversight, but many believe when it comes to the pastor of a church it should be left up to God to judge. I've heard it said many times. I agree with English historian Lord Acton when he said "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Some would say inject Psalms 105:15-17 Touch not God annointed and inject story of Korah and the collections of committee members here…..

They are especially the ones that need to understand the balance of mutual accountability within congregational ecclesiology.

I would say some of the ladies on here have a good grasp of biblical theology or common sense when reading the bible. Take your pick

Could be because of all of the know-it-all all, KAWL-EDJE, ED-GEE-K8-TED idiots....Ever think of that??? LOL!
Which is more honorable... Make an effort to better yourself through study and furthering your education or remain IFB-dumb and proudly revel in your ignorance?

Which is more honorable... Make an effort to better yourself through study and furthering your education or remain IFB-dumb and proudly revel in your ignorance?
Who's ignorant? Who's not furthering their education? Too much knowledge puffs up and gives some a feeling of grandeur. 🤣😂🤣😂

I shouldn't say pastor Wilkerson is a disappointment because it shouldn't shock us that he praised Bro Trieber. If you go back on the forum it tells the story how he covered up for many . I lost my love for hac having watched and listened to it play out. Several staff members through the years have surprised me playing like they never knew anything was going on...they had their head in the mud.
where does it "document" how he "covered up for many" ?

Reading of "covered up for many"....I find it odd that the Personal Evangelism in the 70's and 80's chose to do what was right and approach the pastor of possible "appearance of evil" and the Pastor threatens the staff of termination if friendships with that family continue. That family was ostracized for decades and now I see where many of the same staff are now Facebook friends with them....did the ostracized receive apologies? Have the staff reconsidered and think that the Pastor was wrong with his demands during the 100% loyalty campaign? Innocent men and women were punished for doing the right thing....many 80's HAC staff whom are still at FBC definitely were not Christlike back in the day.