Grab your masks..... but hold your nose

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
I'm somewhat on the fence. I learned a long time ago that "science" is largely predicated upon the "scientists".

As such, the very concept of "science" is often flawed. It is at the "mercy" of whomever is considered authoritative at the time.

I see all these people wearing T-shirt/Underwear masks and I can't help but think...... If that material doesn't trap the "gas" that escapes from you.... It certainly isn't going to trap a virus.

Worse yet, if it actually did. It would concentrate the virus to the point it would spread faster, if someone decided to touch their masks over and over again. Which everyone does subconsciously.

My question.....

What is next......Mandatory hand amputations to remove the possibility of spreading the virus?

Just a little humor but this is getting crazy....

Last edited:
I have been going to a cancer treatment facility in Montgomery, Alabama. Everyone who goes in has to have a mask and a temp taken before entering the building.
No one in the actual offices, except for patients, wore masks.
What good does a dust mask make, anyways?

I'm somewhat on the fence. I learned a long time ago that "science" is largely predicated upon the "scientists".

As such, the very concept of "science" is often flawed. It is at the "mercy" of whomever is considered authoritative at the time.

I see all these people wearing T-shirt/Underwear masks and I can't help but think...... If that material doesn't trap the "gas" that escapes from you.... It certainly isn't going to trap a virus.

Worse yet, if it actually did. It would concentrate the virus to the point it would spread faster, if someone decided to touch their masks over and over again. Which everyone does subconsciously.

My question.....

What is next......Mandatory hand amputations to remove the possibility of spreading the virus?

Just a little humor but this is getting crazy....

I've wore my mask then I haven't now its mandatory to wear it. I do when i go into stores or restaurants. The gloves I dont wear I wash my hands in the car and at home. I have friends that are doctors and they say this is crazy. But I do follow the rules

The masks aren't intended to stop airborne viruses. When you breathe, you exhale aerosols (droplets of water and mucus), which may contain viruses. The mask traps those.

The masks aren't intended to stop airborne viruses. When you breathe, you exhale aerosols (droplets of water and mucus), which may contain viruses. The mask traps those.

I can't say that I've been hit with someone's "water and mucus" very often. Maybe a few times in my life.

The fact the mask traps these, makes me think it can make matters worse. You produce a concentrated collection of the virus that doesn't evaporate as easily. It ultimately gets distributed when we touch the mask. I have a beard and I'm always having to adjust my mask.

Last edited:
I've wore my mask then I haven't now its mandatory to wear it. I do when i go into stores or restaurants. The gloves I dont wear I wash my hands in the car and at home. I have friends that are doctors and they say this is crazy. But I do follow the rules

I wear mine as well. I just know it doesn't really help and I don't like the fact they're making them mandatory. I don't like how people look at me when I don't have one on. They treat you like you're going to kill them......

I also don't like the fact they act as if this is going to save lives when they haven't mandated them for over 3 months now. Does that mean they're going to take responsibility for some of the death they've caused by not doing this sooner?

The fact the mask traps these, makes me think it can make matters worse. You produce a concentrated collection of the virus that doesn't evaporate as easily. It ultimately gets distributed when we touch the mask. I have a beard and I'm always having to adjust my mask.
So why do the doctors and nurses in an operating theatre wear masks?

So why do the doctors and nurses in an operating theatre wear masks?

They wear different masks. Also, they don't touch their face during operations. Doctors and nurses are trained to avoid spreading their own germs and to use proper equipment. Not these T-Shirt/Underwear masks everyone is wearing now.

Not that they're doing it. Like FSSL said earlier. I've went to the Dr. a few times recently and there were nurses that refused to wear masks. I went to the eye dr. a month ago and I could feel his breath even though he was wearing a mask. I didn't complain.

I think keeping our distance is the best thing we can do. Even then, it may just be a matter of time. The argument can be made that we're just putting off the inevitable.

Personally, I say quarantine those most at risk from complications (I would be included this) and let everyone else go back to their daily lives. Keep your distance as much as possible and pray. You have not because you ask not.

I live in WV but very near the MD border. In WV it's completely optional. I keep a mask in the car for those times I must go to Maryland.

You didn't answer my question. Why do doctors wear masks while doing surgery?
You're not making a valid comparison. What is being mandated isn't the same as a surgeon in an operating room. They just don't wear any mask and they're trained to use masks properly.

There are no standards for masks being mandated and no standard for training to use them properly. You're making a bogus comparison.

Its like giving a teenager a scooter and telling them to drive it on the highway. Yes. They will be "driving" but it is not nearly the same as what a rational person would recommend.

To protect the patients.

Would you have surgery performed by doctor who was infected with Covid 19 because he was wearing a mask?

In my state, they are letting doctors perform surgery even if their spouse is infected with Covid 19. As long as they, themselves show no symptoms.

I know because I had a family member who was tested for Covid 19 and the doctor in residence told them about the double standard that exists. They were mad themselves.

Would you have surgery performed by doctor who was infected with Covid 19 because he was wearing a mask?

A unique question.

I've never heard of a patient ever demanding that their surgeon submit a health report before performing a surgery.

Possibly we could require the entire staff to submit to a physical?

I wonder how many doctors have AIDS yet still perform their work? Would you allow them to work on you? Even for an office visit?

You still didn't answer my question. Why do doctors wear masks while doing surgery?