Grand Canyon University

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Their basketball team won in the NCAA tourney last night.
they appear to be evangelica in their beliefs and world view.
Anyone know anything about the school? (other than what I can read on their website 😊)

My understanding is they are evangelical in profession, however, a bit on the liberal end of the evangelical scale. Late edit: I'm not seeing much to back this statement up. However, there isn't much on the web about them that doesn't come from their website. They talk a good talk.

There was some recent controversy with them... I can't remember what it was. I think they made it on to the FFF radar.

Last edited:
I'm going to take a stab and say if you want to know more, do some research into their theological seminary. Find some of their graduates and see what kind of fruit they bear.

Their basketball team won in the NCAA tourney last night.
they appear to be evangelica in their beliefs and world view.
Anyone know anything about the school? (other than what I can read on their website 😊)

they did pretty well in softball last year... . came very close to getting into the college world series sets of games in ok city..... but then so did liberty..... .. ..i haven;t seen any of their games this year... but then it;s hard to get any games televised right now even on the college conference channels we have.. ....everything is all about basketball in march.... :cautious:

by the way..... would it be considered heresy to say i absolutely cannot stomach basketball?.... ..i hate everything abtout it..:mad:.. ... no matter who is playing it.... .. and the fact it never gets rained out and comes on in place of softball games i planned on watching that did get rained out doesn;t help....:cautious:

I read many commenters on Reddit who claimed to have attended the college said that they were not overtly theological. Right now they’re giving Alabama all they want, for a chance to move on to the Sweet Sixteen.

I read many commenters on Reddit who claimed to have attended the college said that they were not overtly theological. Right now they’re giving Alabama all they want, for a chance to move on to the Sweet Sixteen.
They're playing in Spokane...

Just up the road 😎

Alabama beat GCU 72-61