Growing up Fundy article

Norefund said:

She does not hide her opinion.

Jennifer C. Martin wrote.

"I strongly, strongly suggest taking a look at Hyles-Anderson College/Church and everyone involved with that organization and its sister churches. I almost ended up there, and I had cousins that both went there - and they’ve both made a huge parting of ways with that sort of people. That’s a horrible organization. By moral standards, and even by its own, it’s rotten from the inside out while trying to fool people into thinking it’s the opposite. "

So the fundamentalist (Ha!) pentecostal (after mentioning fundamentalists Mormons) is struggling to overcome his bias against homosexuality b/c of all the legalism in his past...

That is where viewing rules as "legalism" takes you.

You're welcome.

While many in the comments section express  their opinions in anger, hyperbole  and express as "bigoted" some core teachings of the Word, namely the sin of homosexual (acts) I think we can just about all say we know people who were hurt badly by various improper teaching or application from what we would term IFBx churches.

Of course people are also hurt spiritually in mainline churches where the whole of scripture is not taught or taught correctly.

Just John said:
While many in the comments section express  their opinions in anger, hyperbole  and express as "bigoted" some core teachings of the Word, namely the sin of homosexual (acts) I think we can just about all say we know people who were hurt badly by various improper teaching or application from what we would term IFBx churches.

Of course people are also hurt spiritually in mainline churches where the whole of scripture is not taught or taught correctly.

Absolutely.  The world is full of people who have been "hurt".  The world is also full of people who have been blessed.  I could write a small book on the crap I've endured working with and being under IFB pastors, but that hasn't swayed my position on being IFB one bit.

Those that spew venom publically show a side of their personality they should leave at home, IMHO.

Bogus article by a fake Christian, who did not grow up fundamentalist.

IFB X-Files said:
RevBob said:

Right.  And Linda Murphy's video wasn't really Linda Murphy.
Who's Linda Murphy?  That is if I should know or care who she is.

RevBob said:
IFB X-Files said:
RevBob said:

You should she has a soul.

Bruh said:
RevBob said:
IFB X-Files said:
RevBob said:

REV BOB is clearly a a freshman at the FFF. Welcome to the forum. The HAC forum may shed some light on who Linda Murphy is & why she matters in this discussion.