HAC Plastic Cops

Willis Athey

Elect
Reaction score
Anybody have any interesting stories about the security guards at FBCH/HAC?  These guys seemed to really think they were on par with the secret service! Has this changed or are they as insecure as ever? Would love to hear some stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willis Athey said:
Anybody have any interesting stories about the security guards at FBCH/HAC?  These guys seemed to really think they were on par with the secret service! Has this changed or are they as insecure as ever? Would love to hear some stories!

The hiring process has changed greatly ever since the Schaap incident and the rising crime in the city of Hammond. They are more legit now.

I frequently got the HAC plastic cops/security team mixed up with the Pathfinders/Sunbeams. Not sure what it was...

TheRealJonStewart said:
Willis Athey said:

The hiring process has changed greatly ever since the Schaap incident and the rising crime in the city of Hammond. They are more legit now.

Are they allowed to carry more than one bullet in their shirt pocket?

no value said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Willis Athey said:

Indiana gun laws are more lax now thanks to Governor Red Skull, I mean Mike Pence.

TheRealJonStewart said:
no value said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Willis Athey said:

Indiana gun laws are more lax now thanks to Governor Red Skull, I mean Mike Pence.
Not a Mike Pence fan?

no value said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
no value said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Willis Athey said:

Not a Mike Pence fan?

Was that too obvious? Sorry.

My husband worked for security the early years under Clyde Wolfe .  8)

I have nothing but respect and positive experiences with HAC security.

It?s a thankless job but someone has to do it.

sword said:

No one has to do it, which is the point.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

It was a big thing in the early years of the college...that's how we got our first Doberman which was a sweetheart.  We are still friends with many that he worked with through the years.

prophet said:
sword said:

Most of us would not send our kids to a college (public or private) that did not have a security and police force in place.

Most universities have a large number of police and security personnel employed on their campus.

You are the first person I have ever heard say a college does not need a security team. Do you think they should wait for local police to arrive every time they have a security issue. 

prophet said:
sword said:

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

With the number of shootings happening on college campuses and churches? I'm sure someone has to do it, unless you have better gun control!

Way back in the 1980s, I was working with a youth group, and one of teens went up there for college and worked for HAC as a security guard.

I remember him coming back and saying something like "You have no idea of what goes on there" (I don't think he went back).  When the news about JH broken in 1989, I always wondered what he had seen or heard.

Walt said:
Way back in the 1980s, I was working with a youth group, and one of teens went up there for college and worked for HAC as a security guard.

I remember him coming back and saying something like "You have no idea of what goes on there" (I don't think he went back).  When the news about JH broken in 1989, I always wondered what he had seen or heard.

Probably nothing since that was fake news.

RAIDER said:
Walt said:

Probably nothing since that was fake news.

True, since the 80's never happened.  At least I don't remember the 80's.