Hacker Trivia!!

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to have a thread devoted to Hacker trivia.  Here is the way it will work.  A poster will ask a question that pertains to HAC/FBCH.  It may be about a "famous" sermon that was preached or something that was taught in a class.  It might be a historical question about HAC/FBCH.  It might be a question about a famous "student story".  It may be a question about a famous "faculty story".  The question options are many.

As always, one question per post.  After you post your question please allow 24 hours for posters to respond with an answer.  After 24 hours please post the correct answer to your question.

Please post your questions in bold type.

It's time for Hacker Trivia!!

Mark Rasmussen taught "Speed Reading" class for many years.  It is absolutely frightening that I know the answer to this question.

"What are the three biggest hindrances to speed reading?"

Never did take that class! But probably should have! So I do not know the answer to your question! But just wanted to post!! and use exclamation points!!!

Never took the class.......... 8)

RAIDER said:
Mark Rasmussen taught "Speed Reading" class for many years.  It is absolutely frightening that I know the answer to this question.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. Sleeping while reading.

2. Staring at your girlfriend in the HAC hallways while reading.

3. Listening to JH sermons on cassettes while reading.

I've forgotten the real hindrances. ;D

fishnut..........LOL 8)

"What popular sermon of Dr. Hyles begins with him saying (and I'm being as accurate as possible), "Pastor, I am meeting with you today because I am resigning my Sunday School class.  I use to love to teach Sunday School.  I use to look forward to opening God's Word and teaching the children.  I use to prepare all week for the highlight of my week.  But, pastor, something has happened.  I don't feel like teaching any more".

RAIDER said:
"What popular sermon of Dr. Hyles begins with him saying (and I'm being as accurate as possible), "Pastor, I am meeting with you today because I am resigning my Sunday School class.  I use to love to teach Sunday School.  I use to look forward to opening God's Word and teaching the children.  I use to prepare all week for the highlight of my week.  But, pastor, something has happened.  I don't feel like teaching any more".

Duty.

What was the name of the first major conference sermon Jack Hyles ever preached?

He would go on to preach it dozens of times in Sword conferences across America.

Hint:
_ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _  _  _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _

Answer: The Autopsy of a Dead Church

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1. Sub-vocalization (saying each word in your head as you read)

2. Regression (backtracking)

3. Inefficient eye use

The sermon that touched me the most was  "I sat where they sat" back in the late 70's early 80s

RAIDER said:

The correct answers are:
*Fixation
*Regression
*Lack of Concentration

RAIDER said:

The correct answer is:

Duty

Nice job, IFB X-Files!

"For what is the building currently used on the HAC campus where the original chapel services were held?"

sword said:
What was the name of the first major conference sermon Jack Hyles ever preached?

He would go on to preach it dozens of times in Sword conferences across America.

Hint:

The Autopsy of a Dead Church

sword said:

Hint:

Ok, Sword, 24 hours have expired.  We need an answer.  If you can't play by the rules you will have to report to the South Hallway Desk!!