Has BJU Left Separatist Fundamentalism Under Steve Pettit?

They're just deciding to wear what they want to a few hours earlier. It's no less healthy than following the rules when you're off-campus and school isn't in session.
Ask instead why rational adults find the dress code so objectionable that they can't wait to dress down.
But to detest that rule so much that they are clogging the restrooms seems bad.
The "ask instead" is also a valid question... but what's happened to respect? Back when I had to wear a tie to work, I didn't take it off as soon as I left the building... they were just the rules of working there. I would wait until I got home and then changed.

The "ask instead" is also a valid question... but what's happened to respect? Back when I had to wear a tie to work, I didn't take it off as soon as I left the building... they were just the rules of working there. I would wait until I got home and then changed
If you're off the clock, it's no one's business but yours whether you wear a tie or a dress. "Respect" has nothing to do with it.

If you're off the clock, it's no one's business but yours whether you wear a tie or a dress. "Respect" has nothing to do with it.
Well, yes, but ripping off the tie like it's poison the second you are out the door seems to me to be a lack of respect for the business and its rules... it wouldn't kill anyone to wait until they get to their car, or even until they get home.

I remember (back in the 1970s) a young lady from my church who was pressured (as I was) to attend BJU. Unlike me, she drank the Kool-Aid and enrolled at BJU and bravely stuck it out for one full year. When her parents came down at the end of the year to pick her up, she was so anxious to leave that she wouldn't stay put long enough for photographs to be taken - she just wanted to get out of there and off the premises, pronto. She enrolled next year at Northern Illinois University and attended a non-fundie church there in town - I guess she felt that she needed to be deprogrammed.

Then there was a young man in another church, pressured to go to BJU, and he went, but he came back to town only 3 days later. He then enrolled at Hyles-Anderson (talk about going from the frying pan into the fire).

That is a fascinating anecdote about the women changing out of their fundie outfits as soon as they left BJU for break. Not surprising at all. I know for a fact that a lot of the BJU students were looking forward to catching up on Top 40 rock during the summer. I remember one BJU student, home for the summer, saying he was going to listen to WLS so he could hear "I Write the Songs" by Barry Manilow. He said he wanted to hear it because Frank Garlock said that song was about the Devil, and he wanted to know what the fuss was all about.