Have you been vaccinated?

He's saying Cuomo did wrong, and I agree. Cuomo did what he did for the very reason of spiking the number of deaths. We just had a disagreement over the actual covid mortality rate.
So by sending patients who had a disease that in your estimation is no more deadly than the flu he was able to spike the number of deaths?

I would say the schism goes beyond Believers, into the culture at large.
I also have no qualms about who does or doesn’t get vaccinated or who wears a mask.
I am totally against any mandate for vaccines because we are free to decide for ourselves...at least for now.
I have however worn a mask when it was necessary...mostly in stores or anywhere else I was asked to do so. But believe masks have become the way the schism has been perpetrated.
Yes, I was overly narrow in my statement about believers, and agree that the issue is schismatic within the culture. What I find telling is that people often line up with their preconceptions rather than confronting their own bias. For instance, the idea that there is wholesale disproportionate inflation of mortality numbers, while a legitimate question, is colored by patent biases. Here is one article describing the manner in which death rates are verified...

"Even someone who does not have another health condition and dies from COVID-19 will also have comorbidities in the form of symptoms, such as respiratory failure, caused by the coronavirus. The idea that a death certificate with ailments listed in addition to COVID-19 means that the person did not really die from the virus is simply false, Anderson says."https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-claim-that-covid-death-counts-are-inflated1/

These biases are often affected by people's personal libertarian leaning notions about freedom from government control, and while I am libertarian-leaning myself, I am also a pragmatist that believes we ought to consider the national good rather than merely personal rights. This is a difficult balance to achieve when we consider government control versus personal Liberty, but when we think about the levels that are forefathers are willing to sacrifice for the common good it seems to be a small thing to ask that we surrender some liberty temporarily, and that is the crux of the difficulty in this analysis. Because we know that power mongers do not want to relinquish the restrictions and controls that are being put in place, and, the restrictions are painful for our economy.

Last edited: