Hephzibah House closed?

voicecrying

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Seeing reports on Facebook that Hephzibah House is finally closed.

Is it true?

What reason did they give for closing (if they said at all)?

Seeing reports on Facebook that Hephzibah House is finally closed.

Is it true?

What reason did they give for closing (if they said at all)?

They couldn't get insurance for the school anymore. Now they are working on a ministry to families instead.

It's true. Hephzibah House is now officially closed, but Ron wants us to keep sending money anyway, and he will graciously accept any and all invitations for him to come speak at churches and collect a love offering.
No photo description available.

So, they shut down a ministry that no doubt inflicted traumatic stress on many young women, only to open a ministry to those suffering from PTSD? Alrighty then. I guess they would be experts in identifying causes of PTSD.

So, they shut down a ministry that no doubt inflicted traumatic stress on many young women, only to open a ministry to those suffering from PTSD? Alrighty then. I guess they would be experts in identifying causes of PTSD.
Is there a note that priority will be given to their previous inmates?

I suspect that Ron Williams will attempt to morph into a different "ministry" that propagates the same old principle, so beloved by many IFB preachers and donors, that the laymen-serfs are not going to turn out right unless they are tightly controlled, abused and bullied by the IFB clergy.

"Beatings will continue until morale improves."

You could have the Imam from Hezbollah House minister at your church...

What is Armed Forces Baptist Missions? It looks like they are behind the PTSD ministry and it has little to do with Ron Williams just the same church. It could be something like Reformers Unanymous.

Last edited:
It's about time!!! I hope that they'll learn that adults don't bully so easy.

Jubal Sackett

Douglas Carragher, Director of Armed Forces Baptist Mission, has issued this statement: "AFBM is not partnering with Ron Williams, Believers Baptist Church or Hephzibah House to start a camp. That information is incorrect."

Ron Williams' son Benjamin Williams posted that information on his Truth About Hephzibah Facebook page, and added this comment:

"I was sent information today to reveal this letter sent to an individual who contacted AFBM to inquire as to whether or not AFBM is truly partnering with HH. This was the response he received. So my question is simple. Who is being a liar and who is telling the truth? AFBM is vehemently denying any involvement in taking over this campus, in fact AFBM didn't even know what was going on according to them. So this appears to be classic misdirection. Remember all the assets are under an Incorporation. The thousands of dollars in food, supplies tools etc can easily be swiped by staff and Williams family located on the campus and that is my guess what will happen knowing how my father works. The incorporation is completely run by a board of non other than Ron Williams and loyal Williams family members. This is prime property and is worth in the millions. I am hoping they can be stopped from transferring assets etc. That being said, I know there is a significant amount of assets that are untraceable and will disappear. In the meantime blind loyal IFB churches will continue to send money.
"In the meantime the staff at HH will be sitting at a massive empty campus filled with supplies and massive storage of food. While asking for money to keep the utilities paid."

Ron Williams of Hephzibah House has just sent out another appeal for funds. He says the Winona Lake property is still being used for "Scripture assembly," or collation of Bible portions - this is work that was formerly done by the inmate girls, but is now being done by the members of the newly renamed Hope Baptist Church, formerly Believers Baptist Church. "That new addition is now full of Scriptures as I write these lines, and our church folks are assiduously working on them." He says, "Though we have no students now, we are asking our supporting friends to continue their support until the end of the year. Transition is taking place for another ministry to utilize our campus, but final details are not yet in place. Significant overhead expenses continue whether we have students or not. Ongoing gifts should still be made to HEPHZIBAH HOUSE. . . " He does not name the other ministry - presumably it is not Armed Forces Baptist Mission which has denied any connection with Williams or Hephzibah House. Williams is also asking people to send him money to start a brand new evangelism ministry called The Voice of the Bible Ministries, saying "It has been my joy and privilege to preach the King James Bible for 49+ years, so the field of itinerate [sic] evangelism would be a further joy and privilege."

So there you have it - Ron wants his long-time supporters to be under the impression that essential and worthwhile Christian work is still being done on the grounds of the former Hephzibah House campus, even though they no longer have any captive teenage girls to lord it over. So everyone should continue to send him money, especially KJV-only folks, since he has proclaimed himself to be one of them. Here is the comment from his son Ben Williams:

Benjamin Williams
June 15 at 7:18 PM ·
One of the tricks I have observed over the years is name changing in the IFB.
Believers Baptist Church was founded by Ron Williams on his own with zero authority biblically.
Believers Baptist was the church for Hephzibah House the abusive extreme IFB cult girls home.
Believers Baptist has now changed its name to Hope Baptist. They are still on the same property being run by the same people. Ron Williams has now started a evangelist ministry called voice of the Bible. Sadly there are extremist churches that will eagerly book him.
Donald Williams is still the pastor of the new Hope Baptist, and Dave Halyaman is still the same assistant pastor. Dave was the one caught in lies earlier this year and the swore at the times union reporter. Same people different name. One can put a lambs skin on a wolf, however a wolf is still a wolf.
So a multi million dollar facility is now still under the control of the Williams family. A place built of donations of countless duped Individuals.
No repentance was given in the last letter Ron Williams sent out. In fact he really didn't mention anything accept to give a history of HH and brag that he had always preached as a KJV only man. In the mean time hundreds of victims from HH and the staff still battle PTSD, nightmares, anxiety and depression. Ron Williams continues to call those hundreds of victims the worldly rebels that rejected the light. If only those hundreds of victims had actually been given the true light of the Bible instead of a twisted cult version of it.

Last edited:
Hephzibah House is no more, but Ron Williams is still going strong in the ministry. His web site features a long list of enthusiastic IFB supporters and endorsers.

Our Vision and References | Voice of the Bible Ministries

One of the pastors who is endorsing Ron is David Coyle of Averyville Baptist Church in East Peoria, Illlinois. Pastor Coyle's son, Jacob Lee Coyle, was a youth pastor at this church and was busted in 2019 for "criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual abuse. According to a Tazewell County court affidavit, Coyle made numerous sexual advances upon the youth over the span of four years, advances which involved sexual contact on multiple occasions." Jacob pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. The Averyville Baptist web site describes the church as "…an Old-Fashioned, Independent, Fundamental, Premillennial, Bible-believing Baptist Church, like the Church your Grandparents attended, and like the Church your parents were raised in." Sounds like Ron Williams' type of folks.

East Peoria youth minister charged with sexual assault - Chronicle Media (chronicleillinois.com)

East Peoria youth pastor gets 10-year sentence for sex assault - News - Journal Star - Peoria, IL (pjstar.com)