Hi Guys

S.T.Ranger

Elect
Reaction score
Hello to all, glad to have found an Independent Baptist Forum. Just by way of introduction I have always been either a member of an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church, with the exception of one Southern Baptist Church, and am currently now seeking another fellowship due to changes in my current home church (preaching style of Pastor has changed from more expository to dramatic approach, congregational singing to more "specials," and to be honest, it just seems as if it is being run like a business now). I don't usually provide this much info but on the last forum it seems some members think one needs to "socialize" before getting into Doctrinal Discussion and Debate, so just getting it out of the way that while I love to make new friends, I am not here to make friends, I am here to seek out serious discussion concerning God's Word. That is my passion.  So if I come across as fanatical, lol, it may be that I am.

One other issue I would raise is, in regards to being an Independent  Fundamental Baptist, every fellowship I have ever been a member of understood that Revelation is progressive, and that there are differing dispensations of God, yet, many of the Baptists I have spoken with in recent years fail to distinguish between those Ages. What in the world is going on? Even in the Southern Baptist Church I attended it was understood that there is a difference between the Ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament Economies and the Ministry of the Holy Spirit in this Age.

But, I realize that there are differing beliefs, even among Independent Fundamental Baptists, so looking forward to getting to know some of you, and sharing perspectives in regards to Christian Doctrine.

God bless.

This is certainly a surprise.  I just logged in for the first time in several months and found that you had joined today.  It has been a long time since we were on the same forum.    :)

This is true, lol. Hope all is well with you. I did respond to your "Sons of Abraham" thread, and present a different view. I was expecting a thread that discussed whether we are "spiritually" sons of Abraham. I have often aggravated a number of people because I deny I am a son of Abraham, but rather, a son of God, lol.

Got a notification that Shim is closing down shop. I'm a little surprised at that. Stopped going there because Moderation at times would not allow for debate with certain members he felt were "privileged." Hope he is doing okay as well. Worry about that boy sometimes, lol.

God bless.

Shim was planning to shut down his forum but now I think he is considering a way of reducing the expense of running it instead.  I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, and pray that God's will be done.  I hope he is able to keep his forum going.

S.T.Ranger said:
Hello to all, glad to have found an Independent Baptist Forum. Just by way of introduction I have always been either a member of an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church, with the exception of one Southern Baptist Church, and am currently now seeking another fellowship due to changes in my current home church (preaching style of Pastor has changed from more expository to dramatic approach, congregational singing to more "specials," and to be honest, it just seems as if it is being run like a business now). I don't usually provide this much info but on the last forum it seems some members think one needs to "socialize" before getting into Doctrinal Discussion and Debate, so just getting it out of the way that while I love to make new friends, I am not here to make friends, I am here to seek out serious discussion concerning God's Word. That is my passion.  So if I come across as fanatical, lol, it may be that I am.

One other issue I would raise is, in regards to being an Independent  Fundamental Baptist, every fellowship I have ever been a member of understood that Revelation is progressive, and that there are differing dispensations of God, yet, many of the Baptists I have spoken with in recent years fail to distinguish between those Ages. What in the world is going on? Even in the Southern Baptist Church I attended it was understood that there is a difference between the Ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament Economies and the Ministry of the Holy Spirit in this Age.

But, I realize that there are differing beliefs, even among Independent Fundamental Baptists, so looking forward to getting to know some of you, and sharing perspectives in regards to Christian Doctrine.

God bless.

Welcome.  Enjoy the forums!

As in many things, Dispensationalism has extremist points of view -- perhaps some are running away from that??

I have noted that many of the IFB churches seem to be anti-business meeting; probably an over-reaction from first-, second-, third-hand (or even greater) "horror" stories.  It's sad how little information is given to members these days.

If you ask a pastor for the constitution and by-laws, he automatically labels you as "troublemaker" - the thought seems to be that only a troublemaker would be interested in knowing how the church is written-down to be run.

Walt said:
If you ask a pastor for the constitution and by-laws, he automatically labels you as "troublemaker" - the thought seems to be that only a troublemaker would be interested in knowing how the church is written-down to be run.

Then watch his reaction when you ask for the financials!

Walt said:
S.T.Ranger said:

God bless.

Welcome.  Enjoy the forums!

As in many things, Dispensationalism has extremist points of view -- perhaps some are running away from that??

I have noted that many of the IFB churches seem to be anti-business meeting; probably an over-reaction from first-, second-, third-hand (or even greater) "horror" stories.  It's sad how little information is given to members these days.

Thanks for the welcome, Walt, looking forward to getting to know some folks here, and it is especially awesome to among Fundamentalists where there might be some common ground on certain Doctrinal Matters.

God bless.

Welcome STRanger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
Welcome STRanger!

Thanks, FSSL. If you get a chance could you take a look at the thread "Were Men Born Again Before Pentecost?" Have read some of your posts and always looking for well studied people to give this issue some consideration. Very few will actually take the time to give it the consideration it deserves, so would love to have someone from the Leadership here get involved.

God bless.

Okay. I believe that regeneration has always involved indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I will engage in the topic. Today, we are moving to the other side of the island, so I am preoccupied with that :)

FSSL said:
Today, we are moving to the other side of the island, so I am preoccupied with that :)

Alcatraz?

FSSL said:
Okay. I believe that regeneration has always involved indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I will engage in the topic. Today, we are moving to the other side of the island, so I am preoccupied with that :)

Hello FSSL, just wondering if you have had a chance to review the thread "Were Men Born Before Pentecost?"

Kind of disappointed there hasn't been much response, as this is a topic I view as being of great importance to our understanding of the New Testament.

The belief stated above is a good start to discussion, in which I see two possibilities, that you believe men were eternally indwelt in the Old Testament, or, in you acknowledge Eternal Indwelling as distinct to this Age, you believe regeneration began after Eternal Indwelling was made possible through Christ.

Again, would love to have some involvement from the leadership here. Going out of town today, but thought I would make another appeal for participation, that I might get the views of those on this Forum. So if possible, take a look at the arguments presented that we might be able to discuss them. And I will check in when I return.

God bless.