Hitler video upstairs is ridiculous

Mr. Hall

Elect
Reaction score
It would be less ridiculous if Hitler was portrayed as an opponent of Rob Bell and an advocate of belief in Hell rather than the opposite.  After all, Hitler created a real Hell, a Hell on earth for millions.

$

Mr. Hall said:
It would be less ridiculous if Hitler was portrayed as an opponent of Rob Bell and an advocate of belief in Hell rather than the opposite.  After all, Hitler created a real Hell, a Hell on earth for millions.

$
While the holocaust was a hell on earth...even it cannot compare to eternity in a literal hell!  And if you don't like the clip...make one of your own...just cause you don't agree doesn't make it ridiculous!

T-Bone said:
Mr. Hall said:

$
While the holocaust was a hell on earth...even it cannot compare to eternity in a literal hell!  And if you don't like the clip...make one of your own...just cause you don't agree doesn't make it ridiculous!

The holocaust "cannot compare to eternity in a literal hell!"  So in your view, God is even crueler than Hitler?

Using a portrayal of Hitler to support most any argument is ridiculous.  Using a portrayal of Hitler in a roundabout way to support an argument against non-belief in Hell is completely absurd.

$

No I didn't say God was more cruel than Hitler...I see you haven't change your warping of what people say just because you have changed forums....You don't belie e in hell take it up with the Lord, its His book that teaches about hells existance...I didn't make it up

The Hitler video is amusing but ridiculous... like most satire.

I've read Bell's book, Love Wins. It makes a pretty reasonable argument, and lines up pretty well with historic Christianity, though not with modern fundamentalism. If anyone else has actually read it and doesn't think so, I'd like to hear it.

I don't think Hitler would have liked it. Though he was nominally Christian, he dissed it a lot (called it wussy, opiate of  the masses, stuff like that) and the evidence seems to be that, if he believed in anything, he worshiped the pagan Norse pantheon and perhaps practiced black magic. So God's opinion wouldn't have been a major concern for him.

Izdaari

"I've read Bell's book, Love Wins. It makes a pretty reasonable argument, and lines up pretty well with historic Christianity, though not with modern fundamentalism. If anyone else has actually read it and doesn't think so, I'd like to hear it."

I have not read the book but did read a couple of reviews and was impressed with what I saw.  I respect people like Bell who are not afraid to challenge their own dogma and think outside their box.  I just might get a copy and read it.

$