Hold on and trust the Lord

Bob H

Elect
Reaction score
"Wherefore God also GAVE THEM UP to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God GAVE THEM UP unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Folks, when the leadership of a "people" supports a sodomistic lifestyle and then the "people" vote them in............ THAT IS a sign that we are ALREADY under the judgement of God. All there is for us to do now is to obey Jer. 29:4-9 and leave the rest to God. With the murdering of all the unborn babies, I kinda wondering what took the Lord so long.

Good to see ya round here bro. 

The real prayin' y'all need to do is for your November 24th appointment with destruction.

;)

And yes, our country is becoming more and more unrecognizable all the time.  Good thing our hope ain't in horses or chariots, eh bro? :)

I believe it started with Clinton. Even though he didn't publicly say that he supported this lifestyle we know that he was probably thinking it and many of his voters were gay activists. Those gay activists of course would have disagreed with his definition of sex.

Wow this is really funny............
  Hate to tell you this fella's, the good ole US of A is not the lost tribe of Israel. You feel just by who was elected, that somehow we are in trouble? It doesn't matter who is in office, Jehovah still reigns, Jesus died for our sins and we are redeemed, what is there to fear? We are ambassadors, this isn't our home. Exiles from the Heavenly Kingdom where one day we will be home with our God.

I'm kind of amazed that the same people who will use a letter showing the depravity of the Roman empire to make its point would get upset when others point out that America is the new Rome...with all of the anti-God things that entails.

rsc2a said:
I'm kind of amazed that the same people who will use a letter showing the depravity of the Roman empire to make its point would get upset when others point out that America is the new Rome...with all of the anti-God things that entails.

Bob H is an old dude (sorry Bob ;)), so I'd take his OP in the vain of somebody who knew a country that wasn't quite as secularized as the one he sees now, and is lamenting the general turning from the God of the Bible.  Nehemiah loved his nation and people, as did Paul.  Nothing wrong with wanting our nation to turn from the direction it is heading.

The "good ole days" are a myth. ;)

The real question is have you prayed for our leaders today? We can lament and we can be disgusted. But two things we cannot do (per scripture) are live in fear or fail to pray for those in authority over us (even if we don't like them).

samspade said:
The "good ole days" are a myth

Tell that to Greece, or most of hyper-secularized Europe.

Recovering IFB said:
Hate to tell you this fella's, the good ole US of A is not the lost tribe of Israel.

The lost tribe of Israel, the tribe of Israel or the Church wasn't mentioned. I hate to have to tell you this fella but reading is you friend. It had nuttin to do with nuttin

Recovering IFB said:
You feel just by who was elected, that somehow we are in trouble?

There was more than one office up for election. My reference was to the election in general. And the election just re-affirmed that judgement was already started before last tuesday.  And we are in trouble unless you deny Rom 1. And if ya do we mighta as well end the discussion now

Recovering IFB said:
It doesn't matter who is in office, Jehovah still reigns...what is there to fear

No one said otherwise. God is still on the Throne young fella. There was no sign of fear in my  post and I believe that these last days are a most exciting time to live. I will say I was somewhat disappointed about last tuesday but I'm no way discouraged.

samspade said:
The real question is have you prayed for our leaders today? We can lament and we can be disgusted. But two things we cannot do (per scripture) are live in fear or fail to pray for those in authority over us (even if we don't like them).

And I never said otherwise

ALAYMAN said:
Good to see ya round here bro. 

The real prayin' y'all need to do is for your November 24th appointment with destruction.

;)

:) It don 't look good.....BUT.....though the cupboard was left bear Hoke has had two of the best recruiting classes in the country and this one is right up there with them. It won't be long.

ALAYMAN said:
samspade said:

I'm curious if you know:

What percentage of the American populace regularly attended services in 1790?

Bob H said:
samspade said:

And I never said otherwise

I'm sorry if I implied that you did. I meant is as a general statement, not directed at any one poster.

ALAYMAN said:
samspade said:

Actually, the "good ole days" are a matter of perspective. For instance, many white Americans think that the 50's were a great time to be in this country. But most older minorities I know don't share that sentiment. Many republicans view the 80's as a golden era. But people working in manufacturing suffered a lot during those years. That's the problem with harkening back to a previous time. While it may have been golden for you, it may have been hell for your neighbor. (Not arguing, just making an observation)

rsc2a said:
I'm curious if you know:

The undeniable point of my brief statement is that though Europe was once the center of protestant missional work, and was so for a significant time, that their decline is not only measureable, but catastrophic.  These are objective facts.  As nations who ostensibly were epicenters of Christian growth, it is lamentable, even for somebody who has no national stake in that corner of the world.  America, as far as secularization, is fast approaching the same trajectory.  Those who claim to be "religious" in America is rapidly declining according to the latest polls.  These are objective facts.  If you don't acknowledge this then you're just intentionally obtuse.

samspade said:
Actually, the "good ole days" are a matter of perspective. For instance, many white Americans think that the 50's were a great time to be in this country. But most older minorities I know don't share that sentiment. Many republicans view the 80's as a golden era. But people working in manufacturing suffered a lot during those years. That's the problem with harkening back to a previous time. While it may have been golden for you, it may have been hell for your neighbor. (Not arguing, just making an observation)

Bro, I always appreciate your contributions, whether we agree or not.  In this case you have a point, that perspective matters, but given that caveat, I think it fair to say that the general shamelessness of American culture is noticeably more callous than the 50's.  In that regard, Bob H's remarks are spot on when we consider the general trajectory of mapping the moral decline of a culture.  No doubt that our nation has (relatively speaking) given itself over to flagrant sexual debauchery, demonstrably so in the display of government sanctioned sodomy and murder of babies for merely the convenience of birth control.

ALAYMAN said:
rsc2a said:
I'm curious if you know:

The undeniable point of my brief statement is that though Europe was once the center of protestant missional work, and was so for a significant time, that their decline is not only measureable, but catastrophic.  These are objective facts.  As nations who ostensibly were epicenters of Christian growth, it is lamentable, even for somebody who has no national stake in that corner of the world.  America, as far as secularization, is fast approaching the same trajectory.  Those who claim to be "religious" in America is rapidly declining according to the latest polls.  These are objective facts.  If you don't acknowledge this then you're just intentionally obtuse.

So, if that is an objective fact, you won't mind answering my question. :)

ALAYMAN said:
samspade said:

Bro, I always appreciate your contributions, whether we agree or not.  In this case you have a point, that perspective matters, but given that caveat, I think it fair to say that the general shamelessness of American culture is noticeably more callous than the 50's.  In that regard, Bob H's remarks are spot on when we consider the general trajectory of mapping the moral decline of a culture.  No doubt that our nation has (relatively speaking) given itself over to flagrant sexual debauchery, demonstrably so in the display of government sanctioned sodomy and murder of babies for merely the convenience of birth control.

I think you've missed his point. It's not that America doesn't have new vices. It's that the new vices have just replaced old vices from the past.

- From the perspective of our children starving to death or dying from cholera due to a lack of clean water, we are vastly better off, at least in our corner of the world. Yet this population explosion has led to its own problems.
- From the perspective of illiteracy and a general lack of knowledge, we are vastly better off, at least in our corner of the world. Yet this increase in knowledge has led to its own problems.
- From the perspective of women being considered domestic slaves who are subservient to all men, we are vastly better off, at least in our corner of the world. Yet these movement towards equality for women has led to yet another set of problems.
- From the perspective of 12 yr olds working in factories for 80 hrs a week or companies refusing to pay their employees except in company credit, we are vastly better off, at least in our corner of the world. Yet the solution has this problem has led to its own problems.
- From the perspective of slavery and institutional racism (the real kind, not the manufactured kind), we are vastly better off, at least in our corner of the world. Yet the removal of explicit slavery in this country and the correction of institutional racism has led to its own problems.

*Most people also aren't aware of many aspects surrounding actual history of abortion in America.*