How to really sell your message

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
I don't know the times I've witnessed this happen. It really speaks to the carnal mind that all men possess.

I've watched good people preach their heart out. I've seen them so emotionally invested in their pleas for the Truth, that they are thoroughly exhausted at the end of their sermon. I don't mean from yelling or running or flinging their arms like a "wildman". I talking about being sincerely invested and changed by the Truth. Only to watch as that message fell on "deaf ears".

I've also watch a short time later as a different person yelled, screamed, fling their arms and preach nearly the same message to the same people and they just went absolutely crazy.

Do you know why one person was reward and the other forgotten? It was simply because of the reputation/value the winner in this situation held among those in attendance.

In other words, they were cheering for someone they liked. A friend. It wasn't really about the message. It was all about WHO gave it.

Jesus never made a friend outside of the Truth. "Truth" is what formed His relationships with men. You don't find that anymore. You just don't. I know you think you do but take away the "likes and the dislikes" of carnal minds and you really don't have anything. People are bound together today over the silliest things.

Last edited:
I don't know the times I've witnessed this happen. It really speaks to the carnal mind that all men possess.

I've watch good people preach their heart out. I've seen them so emotionally invested in their pleas for the Truth, that they are thoroughly exhausted at the end of their sermon. I don't mean from yelling or running or flinging their arms like a "wildman". I talking about being sincerely invested and changed by the Truth. Only to watch as that message fell on "deaf ears".

I've also watch a short time later as a different person yelled, screamed, fling their arms and preach nearly the same message to the same people and they just went absolutely crazy.

Do you why one person was reward and the other forgotten? It was simply because of the reputation/value the winner in this situation held among those in attendance.

In other words, they were cheering for someone they liked. A friend. It wasn't really about the message. It was all about WHO gave it.

Jesus never made a friend outside of the Truth. "Truth" is what formed His relationships with men. You don't find that anymore. You just don't. I know you think you do but take away the "likes and the dislikes" of carnal minds and you really don't have anything. People are bound together today over the silliest things.
Agree.

Your "preaching" would put me to sleep.

While Ransom's "preaching" would at least keep one eye open.

I've watched good people preach their heart out. I've seen them so emotionally invested in their pleas for the Truth, that they are thoroughly exhausted at the end of their sermon. I don't mean from yelling or running or flinging their arms like a "wildman". I talking about being sincerely invested and changed by the Truth. Only to watch as that message fell on "deaf ears".

Do you know why one person was reward and the other forgotten? It was simply because of the reputation/value the winner in this situation held among those in attendance.

It happens. We'll have an evangelist come through and preach the same things I do and everybody is wow, that was great preaching, altar is full, etc. etc. etc, when nobody moves or comments when I preached it...Or someone will tell me of something that they heard some radio preacher say and be wowed by it, something I preached a couple of weeks before. I think what happens is that when a pastor stays somewhere for a long time, he becomes like background noise and people get used to him, like Charlie Brown's teacher: Waa waa waa waa waa waaaa. Can't get upset about it.

It happens. We'll have an evangelist come through and preach the same things I do and everybody is wow, that was great preaching, altar is full, etc. etc. etc, when nobody moves or comments when I preached it...Or someone will tell me of something that they heard some radio preacher say and be wowed by it, something I preached a couple of weeks before. I think what happens is that when a pastor stays somewhere for a long time, he becomes like background noise and people get used to him, like Charlie Brown's teacher: Waa waa waa waa waa waaaa. Can't get upset about it.
I'm convinced that if a "famous preacher" got up and preached the moon was made of green cheese and if you didn't believe that you were not right with God, then gave the invitation and the altar would be filled.

There's no doubt that Christians are extremely shallow. Look at the fruitcakes on here that people actually respond to.

Have you ever stopped to consider "your" members are immature?

Maybe you'd like to really discuss this in a meaningful way....

1. What is your goal in ministering your flock? What is your #1 objective?

I'm convinced that if a "famous preacher" got up and preached the moon was made of green cheese and if you didn't believe that you were not right with God, then gave the invitation and the altar would be filled.

There's no doubt that Christians are extremely shallow. Look at the fruitcakes on here that people actually respond to.

What do you expect when you have a system in place that sets up a man that is the "be all, end all" of knowing God?

I had a hunger to get to know God that they couldn't feed. As my appetite grew, I soon realized I'd never really know God because they didn't.

People expect their "pastor" to do all the work. They don't want to do the work themselves..... and when someone does, and challenges what is said.... they get told to leave.

How many have you run off Twisted?

What do you expect when you have a system in place that sets up a man that is the "be all, end all" of knowing God?

I had a hunger to get to know God that they couldn't feed. As my appetite grew, I soon realized I'd never really know God because they didn't.

People expect their "pastor" to do all the work. They don't want to do the work themselves..... and when someone does, and challenges what is said.... they get told to leave.

How many have you run off Twisted?
Can't argue with the gist of what you're saying. I've never depended on a pastor to teach me anything, but that doesn't mean he CAN'T teach me something.

I've tried to run you off for months, but there's something magnetic about my glowing personality that keeps you around. Can't tell yet if that's a gift or a curse!

Can't argue with the gist of what you're saying. I've never depended on a pastor to teach me anything, but that doesn't mean he CAN'T teach me something.

I've tried to run you off for months, but there's something magnetic about my glowing personality that keeps you around. Can't tell yet if that's a gift or a curse!

Yes. We can all learn from one another. Which is what I try to tell these stubborn pastors. Our calling is to one another. Not to just the few you have down at your little spot.

I know you like me. You'd miss me.