I am a Southern Baptist.... greetings!

• Thread starter throwncatchnrocks67
  • Start date
T

throwncatchnrocks67

New here! recovered independent Baptist! you guys are interesting to say the least! Looking forward to conversing with you in the days ahead.

I hope you are good at catching those rocks because plenty get thrown around here!  ;D

Welcome aboard!

what I cant catch I try to dodge .... I throw a lot better than I catch!  ;D

Welcome. Posters are quit independent thinkers who are not cautious to express their opinions.

We don't all agree but it sure is fun.

Still IFB in the order of John Gill, C. H. Spurgeon and W. B. Riley, but very independent.

Aleshanee... yes! that's me..didn't realize I had actually posted anything.... Wow! interesting to read my words from a year ago and see that I came in with sleeves rolled up and ready to be arrogant with everyone... amazing how a year later, I feel a little more tempered and a lot less abrasive....my undies must have been in a wad about something from looking at that post.... I am a born again newbie to this forum... I joined a year ago, but I don't think I have looked in here since I joined.... so are you an independent Baptist?

aleshanee said:
throwncatchnrocks67 said:
Aleshanee... yes! that's me..didn't realize I had actually posted anything.... Wow! interesting to read my words from a year ago and see that I came in with sleeves rolled up and ready to be arrogant with everyone... amazing how a year later, I feel a little more tempered and a lot less abrasive....my undies must have been in a wad about something from looking at that post.... I am a born again newbie to this forum... I joined a year ago, but I don't think I have looked in here since I joined.... so are you an independent Baptist?

no... i;m not a baptist at all.... i;m a lutheran/catholic..... but i still tend to agree with the independent baptists here most of the time..... i guess my adopted dad could still be considered an independent baptist... ???..... but anyway.... congratulations on your rebirth to the forum...  :) .... and welcome again...  8)

Good catch, Aleshanee. It must be wonderful to have a mind that can still fully index its memory!  ;)

That being said, do trolls and sock puppets still pop up here from time to time like they did in the old FFF? Just wonderin'.

Oh throwncatchnrocks67, for the record, I'm still a BibleBelievingSatanHatingIndependentFundamentalBaptist (in the historical sense of the title, at least). Welcome aboard (a year late), Lock and load!

Well, I'm not Baptist at all but Episcopal/Lutheran/Benedictine... yet somehow I manage to get along with this bunch, so I'm sure you can too.

Welcome aboard!  :-*

Welcome!  I was at the old board for a while, but only recently came to the one here. 

throwncatchnrocks67 said:
New here! recovered independent Baptist! you guys are interesting to say the least! Looking forward to conversing with you in the days ahead.
Sorry to hear you were sick. :D

I was saved in an IFB church, baptized in an IFB church, educated in an IFB Seminary, taught at an IFB Bible College, taught at an IFB Seminary, pastored an IFB church for 26 years.

Now I am retired, still IFB and a member of a Southern Baptist church in the far, far south of Texas. You see, Southern Baptist churches are independent, believing and practicing the autonomy of the local church, mine is also fundamental, believing the fundamentals of the faith, and, obviously, Baptist. I have not had to compromise a single conviction to be a member and serve here. Isn't God good? :)