I'd Covet Prayers, Please.

Glad to hear that things are moving in a positive direction. God is good!

They tried to zap me back into rhythm with a cardioversion at the beginning of the procedure so they could ablase (cauterize) the nodes that were supplying the errant signals. Nothing. They eventually turned up the voltage all the way and had an assistant push the electrode firmly into my chest. Dr had to ablase through the flutter but he was still able to accurately hit the nodes he wanted. He then ablased some areas, like dikes, to contain any other errant signals. Dr said it was more complicated than he was expecting. Apparently, I had been in afib much longer than thought. Fortunately, Dr says my left atrium is still in good condition.

He wants me to heal from this and when he follows up with me in a couple months we should have a better picture of how effective this treatment has been. He was happy with the results yesterday.

I'm a little sore at the incision sites which is to be expected. Having zapped me with max power, I have minor burns on my chest an back which gets to itching like crazy. I keep the back scrubber brush close at hand.

Again, I'm grateful to you all for your kind words and prayers. It has ministered to me especially over the past week. I'm just glad to get this rock out of my shoe and get on with life.

The fact that I have it is annoying. It can be serious but in my case, I have no symptoms. The problem is that the upper chamber of my heart quivers before giving a full contraction so the blood doesn't circulate as it should which results in the potential of a clot forming and traveling somewhere else and...

Doc wants me to take blood thinners but they are expensive. Besides, blood thinners don't treat the condition; they only reduce the potential of stroke or whatever other complications blood clots cause.

If I can get this condition successfully treated, I'd like to. But I'm not hearing from anyone in this clinic with a definitive treatment option. It's more of a we'll try this and see if it works. I've been hearing about the clinic in Coeur d'Alene being the best in the region. I'm very seriously considering going there next.

If I was pushing 80 instead of 60, I'd say heck with it and let the chips fall where they may.

Right now, I'm kind of reeling from the news. I'm confident that as I take time and don't make any rash decisions, I'll do well. God has proven Himself faithful in darker situations so I know that He'll guide me through this one.

Thanks for asking... bless you.
Praying for you. My mother has A-fib and so does my 29 year old son. My mom has had an ablation which has helped. Also, instead of blood thinners, she had a watchman device installed. She still goes out of rhythm occasionally, but after a couple weeks, it goes back in rhythm on its own. Since A-fib does bring with it a risk of blood clots, blood thinners are almost a must. But, ask your doc if taking an adult aspirin daily will also take care of that.