IFB Authored Books

Hyles' books were at least readable. The only book that Schaap wrote that I made it all the way through is Dating With a Purpose. I remember reading somewhere that Dave Hyles ghostwrote some of Dr. Hyles' last books from some of his bible studies. Any truth to that?
As for Wiersbe, I don't care for his commentaries.  I had to use them for some classes in the bible college I currently attend and hated them! I do like the 'Thru The Bible' commentaries, and John Gill's.

labaptist said:
Hyles' books were at least readable. The only book that Schaap wrote that I made it all the way through is Dating With a Purpose. I remember reading somewhere that Dave Hyles ghostwrote some of Dr. Hyles' last books from some of his bible studies. Any truth to that?
As for Wiersbe, I don't care for his commentaries.  I had to use them for some classes in the bible college I currently attend and hated them! I do like the 'Thru The Bible' commentaries, and John Gill's.

The only Hyles book I ever read was "Blue Denim and Lace." It was quite easy to read.

labaptist said:

Why don't you like Wiersbe's commentaries?

IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:
How about the Bible Believer's Bulletin?  :)

I've taken it for over 35 years as well.  However, as far as writng style and substance, I don't place it as high.

Believe it or not, I had a good friend at HAC who received the BBB in the college mail.  He was scared to death that it would get him kicked out.  I'm trying to remember if he received it in an envelope.

My opinion is that Paul Chappell is one of the few (the only) IBF author that I have found profitable.

Tarheel Baptist said:
My opinion is that Paul Chappell is one of the few (the only) IBF author that I have found profitable.

I also enjoy his books.  He does get a bit carried away with alliteration.  IMO it is ridiculous to force words into an outline just so it can be alliterated.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Of course!  He is the only one who writes like an evangelical!!!  Lol....

Frag said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Of course!  He is the only one who writes like an evangelical!!!  Lol....

Meaning he makes sense, has profitable ideas and uses proper grammar and punctuation.... ;D

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
Only 156 times, huh?

That, dear boomer, is why you would never have been able to be a real Hacker.  You should have said a minimum of 4,680 times preaching this year.  ;-)

I hear modern HACkers scream Baptist obscenities (ala JS) at other drivers, add a "BLESS GAWD!" on the end and call it a sermon. 

There's another 40 - 50 each day!

Now you're thinking!!

There is precedent. It is called "meeting the requirements for the Activity Report".

Smellin Coffee said:
There is precedent. It is called "meeting the requirements for the Activity Report".

Or as we use to say, "HACtivity Reports".

Here is a wonderfully written IFB authored book:

fundamental-seduction-jack-hyles-case-voyle-a-glover-paperback-cover-art.jpg

;D

I don't normally read books authored by IFB people. The last IFB book I ever read would have had to be required reading in College-and that was back in the early 80's!! I like Frances Chen and read part of his Crazy Love.

kaba said:
I don't normally read books authored by IFB people. The last IFB book I ever read would have had to be required reading in College-and that was back in the early 80's!! I like Frances Chen and read part of his Crazy Love.

I saw Frances Chan speak for the first time a few weeks ago when I went out to CA on vacation. It was an excellent sermon!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Meaning he makes sense, has profitable ideas and uses proper grammar and punctuation.... ;D

Meaning...........he has mastered the art of ALMOST saying something. 

Has anyone mentioned the works of Robert J. Sargent?  Other than his Brider leaning, he puts out some tremendous books.  I just got an email from him on 2 books :

The ABC’s of Christian Maturity

PASTORAL THEOLOGY

Order from:
www.baptistpublications.org

or call:
360-675-8311

Frag said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Meaning...........he has mastered the art of ALMOST saying something.

Hey! He's YOUR IFB guy!  :)

Just John said:
kaba said:

I saw Frances Chan speak for the first time a few weeks ago when I went out to CA on vacation. It was an excellent sermon!

I like his testimony