I'm still learning and recovering

CrAyCrAyJaY

Elect
Reaction score
Before I attended OBC in '05 I logged on the old fundamental forums and defended OBC without ever really knowing it. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior when I was 14 and I was ecstatic about serving the Lord. I went to OBC in the fall of '04 during that time I had dorm mates who would swing a fiber glass arrow across the back of my legs to wake me up, this and other stuff happened every week. I told bro Ross about it and he said he'd talk to them about it, I don't know if he did but it never stopped. I'd see vineyard sr. Get up and bash preachers who didn't agree wholeheartedly with him,one being Sam Davison.
The leadership would tell you what was in God's will for you without you praying and seeking His Will. I left for Christmas break,disgusted with the double standards. I came back in the spring of '05 and I just didn't care anymore, I left around April of '05 . I dropped out of church for 3 years, I picked up smoking and drinking, about 5 years ago I got back in church, I still have trust issues with other people, I admit that I still smoke (before you judge,I'm trying to quit,just kinda hard) I do drink every now and again. I guess what I'm saying, is , be careful in how you treat young Christians,you might just destroy their faith. I will say this though, the Lord is helping me grow, and showing me stuff I need to get rid of. Right now, I'm going to an actual college,which would be a public university.

Thanks for listening,
John Doe

CrAyCrAyJaY said:
I'd see vineyard sr. Get up and bash preachers who didn't agree wholeheartedly with him,one being Sam Davison.
He probably was and is very envious of Sam Davision. A lot of his members left to go to Southwest. Plus, the college outgrew OBC in just a few years after it started.

I dropped out of church for 3 years, I picked up smoking and drinking, about 5 years ago I got back in church, I still have trust issues with other people, I admit that I still smoke (before you judge,I'm trying to quit,just kinda hard) I do drink every now and again.
I'm sure there will be those who will judge, but try to pay no attention to them. The important thing is that you're moving in the right direction - toward God. 

I guess what I'm saying, is , be careful in how you treat young Christians,you might just destroy their faith.
Always good advice.

I will say this though, the Lord is helping me grow, and showing me stuff I need to get rid of. Right now, I'm going to an actual college,which would be a public university.
Good for you.

Thanks for listening,
John Doe

Your name rings a bell...have you ever been on NCIS?  8)

CrAY, it's good to hear from you, and I hope that you do well.

HeyHey CrAyCrAy, WhAt Ya GoT To sAysAy?

WeLl sAy aWaY CrAyCrAyJaY

you will find many here with plenty of opinions too!!

CrayCrayJay,

Definetly have heard this many times more. Sorry you went through the trouble you did but am glad God is helping you find the way He wants you to live.

This is a great place to talk about these types of things with lots of support.

Jay,

I am glad you are getting back in church.  One of the things that my experience taught me is that men will always fail you, but Christ never will.  I now worship only at the feet of Jesus. There are men that I love and respect, but none that I worship or follow without checking what they say against the Bible.  I wish you the best in your Christian life.