Introducing Me

cubanito

Elect
Reaction score
G'day y'all, my name is Jesus, and I am the firstborn of Jose and Maria.

I am not the Christ, nor do I have aspirations for crucifixion, though I will be resurrected (or raptured, whichever comes first).

My legal name is Jesus Ramon Rodreiguez de la Torre, and this is a bio.

1- born 1958 in Cuba, the year of Castro's communist revolution.
2- after a long search for Truth, I wound up an agnostic who did NOT believe the theory of evolution. I was really thoroughly agnostic.
3- in high school I was challenged to find an error in the Bible, which became the first time I read more than a paragraph of it.
4- my conversion was, like most things about me, dramatic, strange and complicated but, by His mercy, a mentally retarded teenager led me to Christ 30 years ago.
5- since that night I have never once had even ashadow of a doubt as to the inerrancy of the Bible, the attributtes of God or my own personal realtion with Him. I have no idea why, but the Trinity seems to Love me.
6- intelligence and knowlege are overated, being bordeline genius and having been an assistant professor of medicine at the U of Miami, I can affirm that from "being there". Statistically, it is almost certain I am the most intelligent person that has ever registered in this forum. Obviously, I suffer from arrogance, which is why God had me come to Him through the agency of a mentally retarded teen.
7- many of my doctrinal beliefs are, well, very weird. I do hold completely to Nicea (not Chalcedon), the Chicago statements on inerrancy and to the 5 solas of the Reformation, so my core is fairly orthodox.

I look foward to irritating most of you.

JR

cubanito said:
I look foward to irritating most of you.

Not intending to, I think I've already primed the pump for you. :)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome...

What do you think of Obama's attempt to normalize relations with the Castro regime?

cubanito said:

Do near genius level people often misspell their own name?

I am not genius-level myself, but I would assume that this would undermine that proposition.

FSSL said:
cubanito said:

Do near genius level people often misspell their own name?

I am not genius-level myself, but I would assume that this would undermine that proposition.

On one occasion I forgot my own name, first and last, and had to look in my wallet. No drugs or lack of sleep involved, just the typical. I have lived in the same house for 20 years. At least once a month I drive past it and have to turn around when I realize. I have 4 children, all adults. More often than not I call them by the wrong name.  I could tell you more stories, but you get the picture, I am barely functional when it comes to things like finding my keys.

As to Cuba relations, I don't care. I could type a lot  but the bottom line is that since the majority of the USA has walked away from God, what does it matter if we ally with a minor demon? It is sad to me that my country, the USA, is going the way of all world powers: decay and self destruction. Maranatha!

JR

Welcome!

But I am abashed to  be talking to someone of your great intelligence.

Intelligence is vastly over rated. It was a mentally retarded teenager that God used to bring me to Christ.

Intelligence, combined with long term accumulation of knowledge has it's uses; just as a clanging cymbal is a good way to call attention. But Love, that is something I've very little of. I am a miserable worm in and of myself, but Christ can use even an arrogant, cruel and worthless man like me.

JR