Is OBC closed?

AlvinMartinezVoice

Registered
Reaction score
Sad to hear about Dr. Vineyard as well as the closing of WHBC/OBC. The legacy lives on.

LongGone

Registered
Reaction score
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Sad to hear about Dr. Vineyard as well as the closing of WHBC/OBC. The legacy lives on.
If the church and school are closed and Jim Vineyard is dead...what legacy lives on?

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
LongGone said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
..what legacy lives on?
Alvin?

AlvinMartinezVoice

Registered
Reaction score
Well the legacy lives on in OBC alums who are pastors and haven't gone mainstream like Bob Ross' grandson Jesse who's now a bodybuilder or Joel McCarty who's a seeker sensitive pastor. Caleb Garraway is carrying on the tradition of OBC and Jim Vineyard.

Saved by Grace

Registered
Reaction score
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Well the legacy lives on in OBC alums who are pastors and haven't gone mainstream like Bob Ross' grandson Jesse who's now a bodybuilder or Joel McCarty who's a seeker sensitive pastor. Caleb Garraway is carrying on the tradition of OBC and Jim Vineyard.

...............And here i thought serving the Lord was the legacy. I didnt know staying loyal to JAV and WHBC  was what it was all about.

There are alot of OBC graduates that serve the LORD just not in high profile church where Alvin the troll can prey and lust after them :)

your fixation with the younger group of preacher boys is troubling. Alvin the Troll, what have you done for the LORD this week ?

AlvinMartinezVoice

Registered
Reaction score
Hyles and Vineyard hate homosexuals before Roseanne Barr and Hollywood condemned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga5qnsJk6jU

KingAlvin

Registered
Reaction score
Well sadly OBC is no more. It produced some fine preachers including the World Famous Caleb Garraway and Michael Shaver. Justin Geiss and Jonathan Magas remained loyal to the IFB after leaving the Vineyards but still hold "Real Jobs" in the "Real World".

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
KingAlvin said:
Well sadly OBC is no more. It produced some fine preachers including the World Famous Caleb Garraway and Michael Shaver. Justin Geiss and Jonathan Magas remained loyal to the IFB after leaving the Vineyards but still hold "Real Jobs" in the "Real World".
Are you certain that it is no more?  I thought that they just changed names and moved (http://higherplain.org)

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Walt said:
KingAlvin said:
Are you certain that it is no more?  I thought that they just changed names and moved (http://higherplain.org)
For a closed school, they have a nice schedule.

http://oklahomabaptistcollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/OBC-Calendar-2018-19.pdf

Just me

Registered
Reaction score
Nice schedule,true, but you need students to make it happen. 

KingAlvin

Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Tommy Boy won't thrown in the towel? Didn't he take the flock north to Edmond? False teacher Craig Groeschel now has competition as does megachurch Crossings and their seeker sensitive malarkey that would make Jack Hyles' head spin. 

TommyBoy

Registered
Reaction score
Caleb Garaway worshipped the ground Vineyard's walked on. I doubt that him getting away changed anything for him.

Apparently Caleb and Michael Shaver are not on speaking terms with Jesse Jackson (Stone) or Joel McCarty. Which is really sad because 13 years ago OBC was thriving and all those boys (minus Jesse) were in the ambassadors. Maybe Jesse was jealous Jim and Tom favored Garraway the most..