Is there a compromise on Abortion?

cpizzle

Elect
Reaction score
The abortion debate is the most polarizing disagreement in modern America.  You either have to be 100% for it or 100% against it....there is no middle ground.

I have tried to develop a working compromise, but I always fall intellectually (and morally) short.

Is there a compromise to be found on Abortion or are the only options victory and defeat?

I look at it this way...that precious baby is a living soul created by God and so are you.  Do you see anything that makes it right for someone to come up to you and murder you?  If not then there is no legitimate reason to kill the baby in the womb of the mother. The only way to justify it is to consider that baby less human than we are...and that has been the argument of the pro abortion group forever.

Surgical removal of an already dead baby is the only compromise that I would make.

subllibrm said:
Surgical removal of an already dead baby is the only compromise that I would make.

I would certainly agree with that...though I am not sure that is an abortion.

All we want are common sense abortion laws.  Waiting periods, background checks, etc. Close the Planned Parenthood loophole.

Jubal Sackett

Does life begin  1)conception (egg and sperm uniting), at 2)implantation (when the fertilized egg attaches to the Uteran Wall and Pregnancy begins), 3)when there is a heartbeat, 4)when the baby develops discernable brainwaves, or 5)at birth?

When (out of those 5) does "personhood" begin which gives the child the right to life?

Ya'll need to think about this a bit more. Let me give you an illustration.

Almost 50 years ago my wife called me and told me she had fallen down in the kitchen and couldn't get up. I left work and went home and lifted her off the floor and discovered she was in severe abdominal pain and was bleeding vaginally.

I carried her to the car and rushed her to the hospital where she was diagnosed with a tubal pregnancy that had ruptured her fallopian tube and torn her uterus. The only way to save her life was to remove the baby. If the doctor did not remove the baby my wife would die and, as he was not yet developed enough to live on his own, he would die too.

Our pastor came to the hospital and we prayed together with the surgeon, who was a Christian man. I told him to do whatever he had to do to save my wife. He did. I made the decision to conserve what life I could.

My choice was lose one or lose both. I chose to keep one. We have been married almost 50 years and I have never once regretted that decision.

Later we had a daughter, who is now 44, married to a great guy, and who has given us three wonderful grandsons. God has repaid us 3 fold. And we thank Him for them every day.

Folks, it is not always as black and white as we would like to think. :)

I am glad Thomas shared that one.

In those cases, you are not actively choosing to abort. You are actively choosing to save a life.

Same as a woman who has cervical cancer and undergoes treatment. Death is certain for the baby, not the mother.

Thomas, I think about everyone on here would agree that you made the right (howbeit difficult) decision.

Just for the record though, only 3% of abortions are due to rape, incest, or endangers the life or physical health of the mother.  Trust me, I would make that compromise any day.  Eliminate 97% of abortions...I am all on board!

cpizzle said:
Thomas, I think about everyone on here would agree that you made the right (howbeit difficult) decision.

Just for the record though, only 3% of abortions are due to rape, incest, or endangers the life or physical health of the mother.  Trust me, I would make that compromise any day.  Eliminate 97% of abortions...I am all on board!

Just for clarification, are you suggesting that termination of the life of the fetus should/would be acceptable in the case of rape and incest?

ALAYMAN said:
cpizzle said:

Just for clarification, are you suggesting that termination of the life of the fetus should/would be acceptable in the case of rape and incest?

There is no "right" for those situations.

Is it "right" to force a woman to carry the child of rapists as a result of a non-consenual union - No
Is it "right " to kill an unborn baby due to the situations regaurding his/her conception - No

Is it "right" to force a 15 year old girl to cary the baby of her abusive uncle - No
Is it "right" to kill an unborn baby because he/she is the result of incest - No

Thus, since there is no "right" in these situations, I am ok with giving the victim the choice and hoping she chooses life.

Again, the original point is that I would joyfully support legislation that ended 97% of abortions, even if it allowed for 3% to continue.

cpizzle said:
ALAYMAN said:
cpizzle said:

There is no "right" for those situations.

Is it "right" to force a woman to carry the child of rapists as a result of a non-consenual union - No
Is it "right " to kill an unborn baby due to the situations regaurding his/her conception - No

Is it "right" to force a 15 year old girl to cary the baby of her abusive uncle - No
Is it "right" to kill an unborn baby because he/she is the result of incest - No

Thus, since there is no "right" in these situations, I am ok with giving the victim the choice and hoping she chooses life.

Again, the original point is that I would joyfully support legislation that ended 97% of abortions, even if it allowed for 3% to continue.
It would be best to kill the uncle, and give the baby for adoption.
That said, I would never advocate forcing a rape victim to give birth.
Damn the rapist, and damn his bastard!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
There is no such thing as a "bastard" (illegitimate) child. There are only illegitimate parents. Nobody with any respect for life would advocate murdering a child unless the child was an imminent danger to the life of the mother.

Some very great people were the products of rape. Would you kill:

Frederick Douglass, the great abolitionist preacher?

Ethel Waters, the great gospel singer?

I hope not. :)

Thomas Cassidy said:
prophet said:
There is no such thing as a "bastard" (illegitimate) child. There are only illegitimate parents. Nobody with any respect for life would advocate murdering a child unless the child was an imminent danger to the life of the mother.

Some very great people were the products of rape. Would you kill:

Frederick Douglass, the great abolitionist preacher?

Ethel Waters, the great gospel singer?

I hope not. :)
Would I kill them?
No!
Would i condemn their raped mother, for wanting to be rid of the bastard seed?
No!

God calls you a liar, but you already knew that....

Hebrews 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

God is the parent here.
You are calling God a bastard.

Go soak your head!

prophet said:
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

God is the parent here.
Uh, no. You missed the point. A parent chastises His own children. The fact that He does not chastise them is proof they they are NOT His children. They are somebody else's children, and when they claim to be his children they are proven to be illegitimate. 
prophet said:
Go soak your head!
Nice. Very mature, spiritually motivated response. Maybe you should check Hebrews 12:8 again?

prophet said:
..., give the baby for adoption.

If necessary to spare the mother what she could not bare, then this is absolutely correct.
prophet said:

So you advocate that rather than finding healing in Christ that she murder her own baby?

ALAYMAN said:
prophet said:
..., give the baby for adoption.

If necessary to spare the mother what she could not bare, then this is absolutely correct.
prophet said:

So you advocate that rather than finding healing in Christ that she murder her own baby?
Her baby???

The bloodline is the fathers....we Christians recognize that, when all other cultures fail to....remember?

Thomas Cassidy said:
prophet said:

God is the parent here.
Uh, no. You missed the point. A parent chastises His own children. The fact that He does not chastise them is proof they they are NOT His children. They are somebody else's children, and when they claim to be his children they are proven to be illegitimate. 
prophet said:
Go soak your head!
Nice. Very mature, spiritually motivated response. Maybe you should check Hebrews 12:8 again?
You said "there are no bastard children".
Please apologize, retract this, and explain that you meant something else, or I'm going to call you a liar til the Resurrection.

prophet said:
You said "there are no bastard children".
Please apologize, retract this, and explain that you meant something else, or I'm going to call you a liar til the Resurrection.
As I have no respect whatsoever for anything you say I really don't care what you call me.

But, as I am a man who loves to teach spiritual truth, allow me to correct your serious failure to understand a fairly simple bible truth. Try this.

"You are of your father the devil." John 8:44.

Jesus says that the father of the lost man is the devil. His child is not the legitimate child of our heavenly Father but of his father the devil. 

Got it now?