"It'll Clean Your Innards!"

Unfortunately some people took him seriously - link - many of those calls to Poison Control were in New York City which doesn't have a lot of Trump voters. It must have been the Tide Pod generation. Trump was just thinking out loud. One had to have really good ears and attention span to be listening to him at that time - any one over a certain age like 80 would have to turn up the volume. Unfortunately they can't understand labels like skull and crossbones means poison and the skeletal hand means corrosive. Could it be a lack of education? Is Trump to blame for that? These young people grew up during the Obama presidency as well as the "Dubya" Bush one. Because of this though, Trump shouldn't be thinking out loud. He should just do the usual speech and answering questions. It would make the briefings a little more brief.

Last edited:
"Please stop warning people not to inject disinfectant.
We should just let this one play out."
1f609.png

Unfortunately some people took him seriously - link - many of those calls to Poison Control were in New York City which doesn't have a lot of Trump voters.

That is an inconclusive article - maybe (probably?) even intentionally misleading.

First, those types of calls are not unheard of - 13 from same time period last year.
Second, with calls to increase disinfecting everything, it makes sense that accidental exposure/ingestion calls would increase.
Third, the article did not mention that any of the callers intentionally ingested the cleaning agents.
Fourth, no comparison was made to any time period before Trump's comments compared to the same time period the previous year.

IMO, Trump's comments were stupid, but blaming his comments for the 17 additional calls is unfounded. For all we know, the additional 17 are solely to blame on accidental exposure due to the increase of people actually cleaning.

That is an inconclusive article - maybe (probably?) even intentionally misleading.

First, those types of calls are not unheard of - 13 from same time period last year.
Second, with calls to increase disinfecting everything, it makes sense that accidental exposure/ingestion calls would increase.
Third, the article did not mention that any of the callers intentionally ingested the cleaning agents.
Fourth, no comparison was made to any time period before Trump's comments compared to the same time period the previous year.

IMO, Trump's comments were stupid, but blaming his comments for the 17 additional calls is unfounded. For all we know, the additional 17 are solely to blame on accidental exposure due to the increase of people actually cleaning.

Yes that's probably true (although it's still strange that people in Maryland called to ask if it was okay to misuse disinfectants). And Lysol was asked directly about that. To even ask that says there is a problem that goes deeper than what Trump says - can they not read or understand words like caution? If they can't understand that they shouldn't buy or use the products. And yes I understand the concern over accidental exposure to aerosol sprays such as Lysol. In my house I don't use it anymore. I haven't for years. And even at my workplace hydrogen peroxide is used because it's safer.

Last edited: