"It's Brian? I'll take it in my room!"

Boomer

Elect
Reaction score
A recent McDonald's commercial features a dad who wants some McNuggets, but his 12-14 year old daughter is hogging them. The phone rings, dad picks it up, and says "Hey, Brian." The daughter brightens up, fixes her hair a little, and says, "Brian? I'll take it in my room."

As the girl exits the room leaving the McNuggets, mom asks why Brian was calling. Dad says, "Brian? That was a telemarketer." He then takes a bite of the McNugget. It is a great commercial!

The commercial illustrates an important point to remember in connection with recent opinions of the girl in the Jack Schaap case. Some say she wasn't very innocent (implying that she should be considered culpable to some degree - even if just a little).

The point is that no statutory rape is really "consensual." A man with many more years of life experience can manipulate a young teenage girl into doing anything he wants. Each individual is different, but the experience of the older party is an huge advantage.

The girl in the commercial "willingly" left her McNuggets on the table and ran to her room. It looks consensual on the surface, but she was made willing by the wiles of her father.

This is why I believe statutory rape is just as inexcusable as any other form of rape.

I think you miss the bigger picture.  Her father no doubt influenced her to eat McDonalds food, which should be a crime!