It's That Time of Year

FundamentalDan

Elect
Reaction score
I was driving down the road listening to Handel's Messiah and it brought back memories.  I was in it twice. I do find that I enjoy it more now that I am not so sleep deprived.  Anyone care to share Messiah memories?

FundamentalDan said:
I was driving down the road listening to Handel's Messiah and it brought back memories.  I was in it twice. I do find that I enjoy it more now that I am not so sleep deprived.  Anyone care to share Messiah memories?

As a church member sitting and listening to it every 4 years got old honestly.  In the later years as the college was dying and OBC attendance started to tank, the size of the OBC choir dwindled to nearly nothing and yet they keep putting it out there.

Just me said:
FundamentalDan said:

As a church member sitting and listening to it every 4 years got old honestly.  In the later years as the college was dying and OBC attendance stated to tank, the size of the OBC choir dwindled to nearly nothing and yet they keep putting it out there.

Back when the choir numbered 75-100 or more it was awesome. It also depended a lot on if the people that year in choir could sing or not lol.  I got to do it 1 time and that was good for me. It was fun once but that is it.

I saw all sides of it, I guess. When I was in junior high, they did the entire thing for chapel one year. It was like two or so hours long. We were told if we fell asleep, we would get demerits.  Then, about halfway through, we looked down the pew and one of our teachers was snoring. When I was in the choir, my biggest problem was the hot, itchy robes. They sure stunk after you had been sweating in them under the hot lights. But, I do enjoy some of the music. It is pretty.  I mainly like the choruses. 

Handel's Messiah is much better with a larger number of people in a choir singing in harmony, and people that can carry a tune.

There have been several choirs from other countries singing Christmas songs including this one on various TV stations that I enjoy listening too. Although none of these are Adrian approved because they are Catholic, Lutheran, various Orthodox (Russian, Greek) churches and not OBC singing them. It is like I left the faith listening to another denomination sing about Christ.