Jack Hyles VS PCC

AlvinMartinezVoice

Elect
Reaction score
Anyone really know why Jack Hyles and his cronies weren't too fond of PCC and Greg Mutsch?

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Anyone really know why Jack Hyles and his cronies weren't too fond of PCC and Greg Mutsch?
I can give you my opinion on why Jack Hyles didn't care for PCC and Dr. Horton. How far back do you want to go?

Green Beret said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
I can give you my opinion on why Jack Hyles didn't care for PCC and Dr. Horton. How far back do you want to go?

I'm all ears.

Oh and I saw this video on YouTube and it got me curious as to why Hyles didn't want IFB's to send their kids down to Pensacola. Strangely enough a year later PCC made a promotional video featuring "The Governor" Greg Mutsch preaching and rebuttled Hyles' comments from the video below.

Jack Hyles Shoots on Pensacola Christian College

When Jack Hyles is the founder and President of his own college, why would he promote another college?

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
I love how Hyles is wearing sunglasses as are his cronies behind him.
I don't think those are sunglasses, just a dark/old video that makes them look that way.

KABA pretty much summed it up. I personally believe, more than anything else, it was a competitive thing.

Here are some of the other things I remember hearing JH say about PCC from the '70's to the late 80's:
- PCC wasn't biblical because it was not a ministry of a local Fundamentalindepententbiblebelievingsatanhating Baptist church!
- JH would often make reference to PCC male students being less than masculine.
- He would say that students wanted to go there so they could be closet pagans and sneak off to the fleshly beaches!
- In HAC circles, it was referred to as "Bob Jones Junior College".

Much of it was taken as tongue in cheek. Oddly enough, PCC is one of the few Christian Colleges that became MORE hyper-fundy as the years have passed and not less.

I always found it amusing when the pots called the kettles black.

Some other interesting facts:

1. It seemed like PCC and Bob Jones were the "Outlaw" colleges while every other school had a HAC grad/Hyles disciple.

2. Even after Hyles passed away, Schaap continued to bad mouth PCC and Greg Mutsch in particular.

3. It seems that Greg Mutsch wasn't liked in many IFB circles. He claimed to be Pillsbury Baptist most famous alum.

4. Hyles cronies Larry Brown and Tony Hutson weren't found of PCC either as Brown made comments about PCC going to the beach and "mixed swimming".

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Some other interesting facts:

1. It seemed like PCC and Bob Jones were the "Outlaw" colleges while every other school had a HAC grad/Hyles disciple.

2. Even after Hyles passed away, Schaap continued to bad mouth PCC and Greg Mutsch in particular.

3. It seems that Greg Mutsch wasn't liked in many IFB circles. He claimed to be Pillsbury Baptist most famous alum.

4. Hyles cronies Larry Brown and Tony Hutson weren't found of PCC either as Brown made comments about PCC going to the beach and "mixed swimming".

Are you making this stuff up?

Read it from other Fundamental Forums and the infamous StuffFundiesLike.com

AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Are you also dating a french model?

kaba said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Are you also dating a french model?

Truth be told!

Doubt he's seen the commercial though.

Seeing as how Darrel Dow from SFL is a PCC alum and a friend of Greg Mutsch, he doesn't hold Hyles in high regard and usually makes every post as a slam on him and HAC.

I grew up in FBC and after attending HAC from 73-74 I worked for a year and in 1975 I decided HAC wasn't for me and went to PCC for a year.  My parents and I decided it was our decision.  JH got wind of it and asked me to his office.  I told him I needed to get away and go to something out of HB and HAC arenas.  He wasn't happy, but that again a decision my family, God and I made.  It was the best decision I could have made because now my youngest daughter wants to go there.  I didn't care for the Horton's, they were bullies, but I tolerated them.  My husband and I are even thinking of relocating there. 

"The Governor" Greg Mutsch pretty Mutsch did what The Hortons and Peter Ruckman told him too. I can see why Hyles wasn't fond of him and said he wasn't very masculine.

Peter Ruckman didn't, and has nothing to do with PCC! He regularly castagates PCC and The Horton's!

Well The Pope (Hyles) certainly didn't like the Governor (Mutsch) and vice-versa.

But Hyles had way more supporters and heavy big wigs in the Fundamental World (Brown/Hutson/Trieber) backing him up. Mutsch didn't have many allies and wasn't liked by the Hyles brigade.