John Tutton Leaving HAC

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
John Tutton and family is leaving HAC to warmer climate and joining Pensacola Christian College staff.  His folks are also leaving, but they are going to Africa. 

Good for him.....

Bad for Andy and Jennifer. They will be the only ones left in the area.

why would andy & Jennifer be the only ones left in the area? did I miss something? mom and dad and grandma?

I am also curious what actual skills John Tutton possesses? I always assumed his daddy-in-law got him his position. Is he actually marketable? Apparently so...

I wonder if the college will survive... Seems like a bunch of people have left there since JS is gone... ALso I wonder what the whole thing did for the attendance there.
To me I'm reading "Rat's are fleeing"
I know of 5 staff (IDK how good they were) leaving HAC in the last 6 months.

Last of the children, everyone else is out of the area.

Not sure about his skill set, but he is a get it done kind of guy, and had always seemed to do it well. He has a really good relationship with employers in the area and had done well with getting students employed.
Highly doubt Ray has any pull with Pensacola; actually, having him as a father in law may have been more of a negative than anything.

Right. I meant I always assumed he was full-time and indispensable at the college because his daddy-in-law got him the gig. Didn't think RY had any pull at PCC. Would imagine he is mortified, actually, at his son-in-law's direction.

Who is John Tutton and what did he do?  Hard to believe a HACker would have any place at PCC.

John Tutton is married to Ray Young's middle daughter. He worked at Phil Sallie's old area of expertise, finding gainful employment for HAC students.

The college has been very top heavy with employees for many years. Those of us that don't want to have anything to do with the college have always viewed it as welfare for people that might be wanted at the church at some latter date. Sort of like a minor league location.

As enrolment continues to sink it gets harder to pay those who aren't bringing in any money. They are a big net negative on the bottom line.

Look for more to go in the near future.

Better to serve the LORD as a self-employed volunteer like the Apostle Paul.

Volunteers Don't get let go.

No one is indispensable unless they don't have or are bringing in big bucks.

Still There said:
John Tutton and family is leaving HAC to warmer climate and joining Pensacola Christian College staff.  His folks are also leaving, but they are going to Africa.

Ha, ha... I find this hard to believe, Tutton @ PCC?

Would love to the know the source on this....

Can someone list the senior admin. & bible teachers left at Hyles Anderson?

The current online college handbook seems to be a little out of date?

bgwilkinson said:
The college has been very top heavy with employees for many years. Those of us that don't want to have anything to do with the college have always viewed it as welfare for people that might be wanted at the church at some latter date. Sort of like a minor league location.

As enrolment continues to sink it gets harder to pay those who aren't bringing in any money. They are a big net negative on the bottom line.

bgwilkinson, you bring up an interesting point. And perhaps in addressing it, it should become its own thread. I bolded (in the quote text above)the statement of yours to which I refer.

You put yourself in the camp of 'those who don't want anything to do with the college'. How many of those are there? I would put myself in that camp as well. But I see a distinct dichotomy. There are the church members -- a vast majority of whom (if I am not guilty of generalization or exaggeration) came here to go to the college but never left -- and there is the "college family".

Those that come through here for HAC have SUCH a different view of things as do those who don't have anything to do with the college. Whose view is correct? Obviously Pastor Wilkerson came through the college and now is firmly attached to its support and continued existence.

I ask myself, if I don't really want to have anything to do with the college, is this, then the church for me? For the church and the college are inextricably linked. You can't just ignore the college as a church member. Well, actually, you can because I do -- but ignoring it doesn't negate its existence. And it does creep in to my space occasionally.

Why do you want nothing to do with the college, out of curiosity?

WESLEY said:
Still There said:

It's true. I don't know if he's made a public announcement regarding this, but word has leaked out. A relative of mine who is at the college confirmed this info. 
I'm happy for him and a little jealous too :D... He's a good guy.

Regarding college enrollment.. a staff member recently told me there was less than 500 students at present time. Wowza..

is Phil Sallie still alive? that guy was a mess!!!

brainisengaged said:
bgwilkinson said:

bgwilkinson, you bring up an interesting point. And perhaps in addressing it, it should become its own thread. I bolded (in the quote text above)the statement of yours to which I refer.

You put yourself in the camp of 'those who don't want anything to do with the college'. How many of those are there? I would put myself in that camp as well. But I see a distinct dichotomy. There are the church members -- a vast majority of whom (if I am not guilty of generalization or exaggeration) came here to go to the college but never left -- and there is the "college family".

Those that come through here for HAC have SUCH a different view of things as do those who don't have anything to do with the college. Whose view is correct? Obviously Pastor Wilkerson came through the college and now is firmly attached to its support and continued existence.

I ask myself, if I don't really want to have anything to do with the college, is this, then the church for me? For the church and the college are inextricably linked. You can't just ignore the college as a church member. Well, actually, you can because I do -- but ignoring it doesn't negate its existence. And it does creep in to my space occasionally.

Why do you want nothing to do with the college, out of curiosity?

Much can be said on this subject.

My peers are those whose parents as well as themselves sold their wedding rings and mortgaged their homes to pay for the start up of HAC. 

Through the years we have watched as the college moved further away from what we were told when it was started.

Towards the end of Bro. Hyles life he had lost all control of it. Those that worked there did as they pleased.
Every year they put on a show for the deacons.

Then comes JS he took it over like it was his own little piggy bank, spending 100s of thousands of dollars on frivolous foolish projects. Colleges that are dieing do not need more buildings and new offices for the President. It was hard to tell it was dieing in the 80s, even though massive number fudging was going on, you could tell there were not the number of students claimed.

The deacons never had input on what JS did. He operated as a dictator.

It was under JS that I washed my hands of the college.

Maybe I'll say more latter.

longlivedunkin said:
WESLEY said:
Still There said:

It's true. I don't know if he's made a public announcement regarding this, but word has leaked out. A relative of mine who is at the college confirmed this info. 
I'm happy for him and a little jealous too :D... He's a good guy.

Regarding college enrollment.. a staff member recently told me there was less than 500 students at present time. Wowza..
Less than 500?
Not sure what it was in the early 90's when I was there, but the balcony had to be used during chapel if that says anything.
Between the Schaap heresy/fiasco, the HAC jailed grads, the fact that Bro. Wilkerson is no dynamo, and the overall decline of IFB'dom, HAC is devolving into a third rate Bible institute.

16KJV11 said:
Less than 500?
Not sure what it was in the early 90's when I was there, but the balcony had to be used during chapel if that says anything.
Between the Schaap heresy/fiasco, the HAC jailed grads, the fact that Bro. Wilkerson is no dynamo, and the overall decline of IFB'dom, HAC is devolving into a third rate Bible institute.

Your'e assuming it was ever more!  :eek:

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Less than 500?

Your'e assuming it was ever more!  :eek:
Hey, isn't that where YOU graduated, brainstorm?