Johnny Mac - Another Lying Evangelical Pastor

I don't know who is telling the truth, but one has to wonder how Evers secretary called him in 1968 while he was driving in his car, since the first vehicle cell phone was released in 1983.  Maybe someone can clarify.

https://bebusinessed.com/history/history-cell-phones/

To be fair, mobile car phones have existed since the 1940s. Before cellular technology, they operated more like 2-way CB or ham radios.

2sv3we.jpg

2sv418.jpg

Here is a quote on MTS in the 40's

https://www.britannica.com/technology/mobile-telephone#ref1079050
Development of cellular systems
In the United States, the interconnection of mobile transmitters and receivers with the public switched telephone network (PSTN) began in 1946, with the introduction of mobile telephone service (MTS) by the American Telephone & Telegraph Company (AT&T). In the U.S. MTS system, a user who wished to place a call from a mobile phone had to search manually for an unused channel before placing the call. The user then spoke with a mobile operator, who actually dialed the call over the PSTN.

Anybody remember the detective show 'Cannon'?  He had a mobile phone in his Lincoln.  That show aired in the early 70's. 

16KJV11 said:
Anybody remember the detective show 'Cannon'?  He had a mobile phone in his Lincoln.  That show aired in the early 70's.

https://youtu.be/8LI5s_HTcBo

I remember my first "bag phone".  I needed a dolly just to cart the thing around.  The next evolution was a "cordless" cellphone.  It looked like a walkie talkie I'd seen in old military movies, but thought I had really went into the space age!  Look where we are now, can't wait to have my mobile communications chip implanted.  :eek:

:D

Kind of makes me wonder who?s the liar in this story.

Everybody responding, it seems, has a partisan interest in the matter. Either they want to burn MacArthur at the stake, or give him a halo and wings. These questions need to be asked and their answers examined:

When did MacArthur first claim to have been with Perkins and Evers and in attendance at the hotel in Mississippi? Did he, as a shaken young preacher, go to his congregation the very next Sunday and talk about it, or did his version of the story emerge decades later?

Is he present in any of the photos  taken at the scene the next day?
Is Evers present in any of the photos taken at the scene the next day?
Is Perkins present in any of the photos taken at the scene the next day?

Do any other witnesses who were at the scene the next day, apart from Perkins and Evers, testify that MacArthur was there with them, or does anybody testify that he was elsewhere?

What is the testimony of people present at the scene about how much entrance they were allowed into the room where the shooter stood? Are there any non-newspaper/non-police photos of the room to show that ordinary people were able to go in and out?

And, most importantly, what does MacArthur himself say to the accusation that he is lying?

AnkleBone said:
Everybody responding, it seems, has a partisan interest in the matter. Either they want to burn MacArthur at the stake, or give him a halo and wings. These questions need to be asked and their answers examined:

When did MacArthur first claim to have been with Perkins and Evers and in attendance at the hotel in Mississippi? Did he, as a shaken young preacher, go to his congregation the very next Sunday and talk about it, or did his version of the story emerge decades later?

Is he present in any of the photos  taken at the scene the next day?
Is Evers present in any of the photos taken at the scene the next day?
Is Perkins present in any of the photos taken at the scene the next day?

Do any other witnesses who were at the scene the next day, apart from Perkins and Evers, testify that MacArthur was there with them, or does anybody testify that he was elsewhere?

What is the testimony of people present at the scene about how much entrance they were allowed into the room where the shooter stood? Are there any non-newspaper/non-police photos of the room to show that ordinary people were able to go in and out?

And, most importantly, what does MacArthur himself say to the accusation that he is lying?
I couldn't care less what MacArthur claims, does, says, or who is offended by it.
I just like pulling your chains.  8)

16KJV11 said:
I couldn't care less what MacArthur claims, does, says, or who is offended by it.
I just like pulling your chains.  8)

You must be an IFB pastor, assuming that when I contribute a post to a thread, I am responding specifically to you.

bgwilkinson said:
Here is a quote on MTS in the 40's

https://www.britannica.com/technology/mobile-telephone#ref1079050
Development of cellular systems
In the United States, the interconnection of mobile transmitters and receivers with the public switched telephone network (PSTN) began in 1946, with the introduction of mobile telephone service (MTS) by the American Telephone & Telegraph Company (AT&T). In the U.S. MTS system, a user who wished to place a call from a mobile phone had to search manually for an unused channel before placing the call. The user then spoke with a mobile operator, who actually dialed the call over the PSTN.
You have always known your stuff.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Ransom said:
To be fair, mobile car phones have existed since the 1940s. Before cellular technology, they operated more like 2-way CB or ham radios.

Yup.  The car phone figured as a plot device on the old "Richard Diamond" show in the 50s where he'd call in for messages and you got to look at Mary Tyler Moore's legs.  The father of a high school buddy of mine was a high-ranking officer at the local AF base, and he had one of those phones, affectionately called "the brick" for its shape and weight.  They were a thing before the 90s.

Well the great Jack Hyles hated MacArthur with a passion as do his followers/disciles Tony Hutson and Larry Brown. The same vile that the great Hyles had towards MacArthur, MacArthur has the same vile towards the "false teachers" Carl Lentz, Steven Furtick, Ed Young Jr, Craig Groeschell and their ilk for "dumbing down the message" to attract lost people who wouldn't attend church.