Jordan Baptist School Burbank, IL

What kind of Baptist's are they (other than the "has sex" kind)?

They are "Jack Hyles" Independent Baptists.  I heard Jack Hyles preach at Jordan Baptist Church in 1991.  Pastor Thomas Griffin is a graduate of Hyles-Anderson College, and a lot of their young people attend Hyles-Anderson.  On another visit to Jordan, I heard a strong sermon on "standards."  In theory, a church that takes such a strong stand should not have these kinds of problems - in practice, the strong standards do not seem to work.  No wonder Phil Kidd is fed up with the IFB movement.

illinoisguy said:
They are "Jack Hyles" Independent Baptists.  I heard Jack Hyles preach at Jordan Baptist Church in 1991.  Pastor Thomas Griffin is a graduate of Hyles-Anderson College, and a lot of their young people attend Hyles-Anderson.  On another visit to Jordan, I heard a strong sermon on "standards."  In theory, a church that takes such a strong stand should not have these kinds of problems - in practice, the strong standards do not seem to work.  No wonder Phil Kidd is fed up with the IFB movement.
The devil can and will show up at any church.
Strong standards or no standards.

16KJV11 said:
illinoisguy said:

The Bible says, "the world, the flesh, and the devil" 

The world and the flesh do the most destruction before the devil even knows what's going on.  Don't give him too much credit.

Twisted said:
16KJV11 said:
illinoisguy said:

The Bible says, "the world, the flesh, and the devil" 

The world and the flesh do the most destruction before the devil even knows what's going on.  Don't give him too much credit.
Agreed, but I've had him (more likely one of his minions) show up at my church a few times... :mad:

16KJV11 said:
Agreed, but I've had him (more likely one of his minions) show up at my church a few times... :mad:

Anderson's minions?

"The Devil Went Down To Georgia"

In theory, we should not be having any big problems with Old Scratch up here in Illinois, but the world and the flesh are still giving us a rough time.

Christian Post reports on the situation:
https://www.christianpost.com/news/pastors-wife-charged-with-secually-assaulting-student-former-congregants celebrate.html

Sorry, that link didn't work.  I'll try again, or else anyone can just google Christian Post and that will take you to the article in question.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/pastors-wife-charged-with-sexually-assaulting-student-former-congregants-celebrate.html

http://www.facebook.com/mike.mollo.39/videos/2575563629122442/

http://www.facebook.com/tiffany.moore.1992/videos/2492640174090507/

"Karma is  a beautiful thing..."  ???

Latte.Lover said:

Does anyone know the status of this case? Cook County Jail inmate records show she is still there and that her next court date is   
Nov. 19. There were previous court dates scheduled but I never saw anything in the media so I'm wondering if they were postponed?

Latte.Lover said:
Cook County Jail inmate records show she is still there and that her next court date is   
Nov. 19.

Hubby didn't post her bail?