Joy Evans Ryder petition to roll back 5 year statue of limitations in Indiana

brainisengaged

New member
Registered
Joined
Nov 8, 2013
Messages
486
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I saw on one site that they received enough signatures and were able to bring it before Gov. Pence.
 

brainisengaged

New member
Registered
Joined
Nov 8, 2013
Messages
486
Reaction score
1
Points
0
No idea. I get the feeling it is a cause she feels strongly enough about to try and do something that will help all victims.
 

Still There

Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
293
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Gov. Pense is going to take a look at it in the fall session.  This is according to Rhonda Stallman Bell.  Got over 5,000 signatures. 
 

kaba

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am not a Joy Evans Ryder fan
 

Still There

Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
293
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Good advertisement for Voyle Glover - and Jack Schaap's last name is not Schoop! 
 

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,213
Reaction score
23
Points
38
kaba said:
I am not a Joy Evans Ryder fan

why not?

Are you against the suggested legal change, or just her individually?

just curious.
 

kaba

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I just feel if her parents and herself had taken care of the Dave Hyles situation, a lot of other people would not have gotten hurt. I just dont understand waiting close to 30 years if not more, to finally make a stand against abuse. And I still havent seen her go after Dave on any level. I know her parents were in the butt kissing stage, (Marlene all her life, Wendell still is), but due to turning the other cheek or closing a blind eye, so many people were hurt by Dave. Most that happened after FBC could have not happened at all!

I just am not going to jump on the Joy bandwagon and praise her for what she is doing.
 

RAIDER

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
8,242
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:
I am not a Joy Evans Ryder fan

why not?

Are you against the suggested legal change, or just her individually?

just curious.

I'm guessing that kaba attended HAC with Joy.  :)
 

kaba

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I believe Joy went to Tennessee Temple.  Not a fan of the EVans cover up. Wendell, Marlene, Joy or David (their son)
 

Binaca Chugger

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
4,213
Reaction score
23
Points
38
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
kaba said:
I am not a Joy Evans Ryder fan

why not?

Are you against the suggested legal change, or just her individually?

just curious.

I'm guessing that kaba attended HAC with Joy.  :)

Just a personal dispute?  Long-time grudge?
 

RAIDER

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
8,242
Reaction score
4
Points
38
kaba said:
I believe Joy went to Tennessee Temple.  Not a fan of the EVans cover up. Wendell, Marlene, Joy or David (their son)

Joy did attend HAC.  Not sure how many years.
 

kaba

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thought she also attended TTU. If she was at HAC it was before my time. So no personal grudge, dont know her personally. Again, just not going to jump on the band wagon to praise all that she does. I just wish people would have had some backbone a long time ago, and stood up to the powers that be, and fought for righteousness. I cant help but think, if someone would have stopped Dave Hyles a long time ago, instead of covering it up or went with the crowd, he would not have been able to hurt so many lives in Texas. Or that Schaap would not have been hired as Pastor and damaged that girl for life!!!Where were the men or Christian leaders that knew right from wrong?
 

RAIDER

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
8,242
Reaction score
4
Points
38
kaba said:
Thought she also attended TTU. If she was at HAC it was before my time. So no personal grudge, dont know her personally. Again, just not going to jump on the band wagon to praise all that she does. I just wish people would have had some backbone a long time ago, and stood up to the powers that be, and fought for righteousness. I cant help but think, if someone would have stopped Dave Hyles a long time ago, instead of covering it up or went with the crowd, he would not have been able to hurt so many lives in Texas. Or that Schaap would not have been hired as Pastor and damaged that girl for life!!!Where were the men or Christian leaders that knew right from wrong?

You have extremely valid points.
 

16KJV11

Active member
Doctor
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
5,190
Reaction score
2
Points
38
RAIDER said:
kaba said:
Thought she also attended TTU. If she was at HAC it was before my time. So no personal grudge, dont know her personally. Again, just not going to jump on the band wagon to praise all that she does. I just wish people would have had some backbone a long time ago, and stood up to the powers that be, and fought for righteousness. I cant help but think, if someone would have stopped Dave Hyles a long time ago, instead of covering it up or went with the crowd, he would not have been able to hurt so many lives in Texas. Or that Schaap would not have been hired as Pastor and damaged that girl for life!!!Where were the men or Christian leaders that knew right from wrong?

You have extremely valid points.
Ditto Raider's comment and more.  I loved Bro. Hyles and I can never forget all the good that I learned from him, Dr. Evans and others at HAC, but Kaba's points alone really burst my bubble and cause me to never want to listen to Bro. Hyle's messages nor read his books again.  Not that what she said is new to me, but they are issues that have bothered me for some time now.
 

kaba

New member
Registered
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have never been sexually abused, so I do not understand the struggle or moving on or healing. I dont  discredit her struggle, but I no longer will not put someone on a pedestal.
 

Still There

Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
293
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Let me say ... I've had someone who cried rape and in the end it was proved she was not, though she was sexually active.  The lives she almost ruined, the marriage she nearly broke up, the family she put into counseling and the DCFS that came into their home. 
 

Still There

Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
293
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Just got a FB that Joy and Cheryl Lewis Colsten are going to be interviewed on Indianapolis TV tomorrow March 27th at 11:00 pm EST.  WRTV 6. 
 
Top