JOY EVANS RYDER

WESLEY

Elect
Reaction score
Heard recently from a reliable source that Joy was "smuggled" into the HAC men's dorms when she was a student.... any truth to this?

WESLEY said:
Heard recently from a reliable source that Joy was "smuggled" into the HAC men's dorms when she was a student.... any truth to this?

So your "reliable source" isn't reliable?

WESLEY said:

Totally false!  Your reliable source is anything but.

Not brought in for Dave... for other guys

WESLEY said:

First of all, what would be the point if it now, even if it were true? Second, I was around the rumor mill for decades and this is the first I've heard about it. Funny how she goes after Dave by use of legislation in lifting statute of limitations for sexual assault and suddenly the rumor emerges. Third, "smuggling" would indicate a third party. Who/where is that smuggler? Why not go after that person as well?

Obviously the poster has skin in the game.

someone close to her wants to hurt her.

Typically the abuser needs to discount the offended.

I'm not sure what to think about all of this "information". It seems a little, to me, as if more mud is being thrown at Joy, after all she went through as a teenager. She was disgraced by DH and those who tried to defend him. I doubt she was "smuggled" anywhere, or passed around to other males. Her father made the choices he made back then regarding the situation with his daughter--her mother, too, for that matter! One has had to live with it and the other has since died. Let us not try to turn her into a promiscuous story line. Maybe there are people here in the forum who were intimately aware of the life and times of JER, at that time. I don't know. I was around back then and I remember how victimized she was; how people talked, whispered; the change in the way her eyes looked, the expression on her pretty face.  I don't know how she had the fortitude to get through those days! Back then, JH made sure all of the people he wanted to know this sort of information knew his version of what happened and he knew those he wanted to, would talk, throw mud, make her feel "less than". I remember it well! I never heard this disgusting rumor, and as a long ago victim, I feel the urge to come to her defense. I wasn't right there. I'm not absolutely sure, but I'm giving this victim the benefit of the doubt--a benefit she was more often than not, denied. Look at how JS's young victim was vilified and how vicious and unthinkable THAT was. Is that what we're doing here?

sawthruglassclearly said:
I'm not sure what to think about all of this "information". It seems a little, to me, as if more mud is being thrown at Joy, after all she went through as a teenager. She was disgraced by DH and those who tried to defend him. I doubt she was "smuggled" anywhere, or passed around to other males. Her father made the choices he made back then regarding the situation with his daughter--her mother, too, for that matter! One has had to live with it and the other has since died. Let us not try to turn her into a promiscuous story line. Maybe there are people here in the forum who were intimately aware of the life and times of JER, at that time. I don't know. I was around back then and I remember how victimized she was; how people talked, whispered; the change in the way her eyes looked, the expression on her pretty face.  I don't know how she had the fortitude to get through those days! Back then, JH made sure all of the people he wanted to know this sort of information knew his version of what happened and he knew those he wanted to, would talk, throw mud, make her feel "less than". I remember it well! I never heard this disgusting rumor, and as a long ago victim, I feel the urge to come to her defense. I wasn't right there. I'm not absolutely sure, but I'm giving this victim the benefit of the doubt--a benefit she was more often than not, denied. Look at how JS's young victim was vilified and how vicious and unthinkable THAT was. Is that what we're doing here?

Good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phooey-dini said:
sawthruglassclearly said:

Good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.

I can't imagine ANY woman or young girl being "smuggled" into the men's dorms, especially the Chancellor's daughter.

What? 

The only reliable source would be Joy herself.  Did she tell you this? 

In one post you've already repeated this rumor multiple steps further than it should have traveled. 

When Eli refused to restrain his sons, God removed him...after He killed the boys...

Read the account of their transgressions in First Samuel, and tell me how DH was any different.

God didn't blame the women who were seduced through manipulation and unchecked power.

If you can't stomach the thought of God Killing Jack and Dave for this, maybe you aren't a follower of God at all.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

My pastor preached on this subject not long ago....I only wish for justice it doesn't always come when we want it...

Sherryh said:
My pastor preached on this subject not long ago....I only wish for justice it doesn't always come when we want it...
It is part of our humanity, our fallen nature, to be anxious over what we cannot control.

I'm glad I'm not God, cuz He is slow to Wrath!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet, Thank you for your wisdom. God bless you and your family!!

prophet said:
When Eli refused to restrain his sons, God removed him...after He killed the boys...

Read the account of their transgressions in First Samuel, and tell me how DH was any different.

God didn't blame the women who were seduced through manipulation and unchecked power.

If you can't stomach the thought of God Killing Jack and Dave for this, maybe you aren't a follower of God at all.

Good points all.

Either way, why was Wendell such a coward? I've never understood his lack of backbone in this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willis Athey said:
Either way, why was Wendell such a coward? I've never understood his lack of backbone in this matter.

I have long thought that he coveted his position, but someone here also brought up that he may have wanted to protect his daughter against having all of her misdeeds published far and wild.  She was reported to be a little wild.

Walt said:
Willis Athey said:

I have long thought that he coveted his position, but someone here also brought up that he may have wanted to protect his daughter against having all of her misdeeds published far and wild.  She was reported to be a little wild.
Bite your tongue, Walt!  Don't you know that it's never the girls fault? 

If "Walt" or "16KJV11" have now, or ever did, a teenage daughter-- they wouldn't post things like that! (and it's "far and wide", NOT "far and wild")