Justin Bieber Reading a Tim Keller Book on Marriage

HereIStand

Elect
Reaction score
If you follow the important events of the day, Justin Bieber is engaged to Hailey Baldwin. Recently, he was photographed with a copy of evangelical author Tim Keller's book on marriage.  It's funny how the book is identified a "self-help" book in the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6044123/Justin-Bieber-turns-book-marriage-says-tearful-display-Hailey-bad-day.html

He needs all the help he can  get....who is Tim Keller?

Sherryh said:
Hopefully, things will work out for them.
Tim Keller is pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in NYC. His book The Reason for God is really helpful. 

HereIStand said:
Sherryh said:
Tim Keller is pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in NYC. His book The Reason for God is really helpful.

I didn't read his marriage book but I'm sure it is the same old misogynistic Evangelical marriage tripe. I did read "The Reason for God" a couple years ago and it was more of "re-hashing apologetics". As a believer in God myself, I get it and agreed with most of it, but for a skeptic, it wouldn't be "reasonable". My favorite Keller book though is "Prodigal God". I really loved that book.

Smellin Coffee said:
HereIStand said:
Sherryh said:

I didn't read his marriage book but I'm sure it is the same old misogynistic Evangelical marriage tripe. I did read "The Reason for God" a couple years ago and it was more of "re-hashing apologetics". As a believer in God myself, I get it and agreed with most of it, but for a skeptic, it wouldn't be "reasonable". My favorite Keller book though is "Prodigal God". I really loved that book.
Clearly, you need to read Blue Denim and Lace again.

subllibrm said:
Sherryh said:

Who is Hailey Baldwin?

Try to keep up.  :)
She is a model and daughter of actor Stephen Baldwin,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwin_family

Smellin Coffee said:
I didn't read his marriage book but I'm sure it is the same old misogynistic Evangelical marriage tripe.

Good to know that you learned to keep an open mind after departing the orthodox faith for the outer darkness.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
I didn't read his marriage book but I'm sure it is the same old misogynistic Evangelical marriage tripe.

Good to know that you learned to keep an open mind after departing the orthodox faith for the outer darkness.

Orthodoxy is relative and not fact anyway. You are welcome to come join us!

iu

Sherryh said:

"Timothy Keller is quoted as saying that he takes Genesis 2 literally but not Genesis 1.................. Keller claims that Genesis 1 and 2 contradict one another and says that Christians can do either of the following: they can believe that Genesis 1 and 2 contradict each other and an ?idiotic editor? put them together in the Bible, or Christians can adopt his perspective that Genesis 1 is a poem, while Genesis 2 is historical."

Here's another gem:

"Belief in evolution can be compatible with a belief in a historical fall and a literal Adam and Eve"

Bob H said:
Here's another gem:

"Belief in evolution can be compatible with a belief in a historical fall and a literal Adam and Eve"

Just proving the verse that says:  "Kooks ye shall always have".

Bob H said:
Sherryh said:

"Timothy Keller is quoted as saying that he takes Genesis 2 literally but not Genesis 1.................. Keller claims that Genesis 1 and 2 contradict one another and says that Christians can do either of the following: they can believe that Genesis 1 and 2 contradict each other and an ?idiotic editor? put them together in the Bible, or Christians can adopt his perspective that Genesis 1 is a poem, while Genesis 2 is historical."

Here's another gem:

True. Keller isn't helpful when it comes to Genesis. Sadly, this type of cloudiness surrounding Genesis seems to be in the evangelical mainstream. But let's face it, Justin Bieber isn't going to read John MacArthur or any such writer. At least on marriage in general, Keller can point someone  in the right direction. 

Bob H said:
Sherryh said:

Here's another gem:

So your source is to quote an unnamed quoter?

BTW there are plenty of saints who are wrong on evolution.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Who is Justin Bieber?

Hailey Baldwin's fiance. Pay attention would you?  Jeesh!

;D

Tarheel Baptist said:
Who is Justin Bieber?
If you'd move beyond listening to the Bill Gaither Trio, you might know.  :)