Keith's huntin & fishin trips?

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of huntin & or fishin trips Keith has gone on this last year?

Does he go it alone or does the wife go along?

fishinnut said:
Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of huntin & or fishin trips Keith has gone on this last year?

No, I don't want to venture a guess. And, I don't really care as it is up to him. Wish I could do the same, but alas: I have a regular job and have to work. :)

from the sounds of it, he takes her along and she's a pretty good shot herself. 

Also, he's lost so much weight!  Really glad he's shedding some pounds , he's got to feel better because of it!

MrsRow said:

Also, he's lost so much weight!  Really glad he's shedding some pounds , he's got to feel better because of it!
Good for him in taking her along. Good for him in trimming down some. Bad for Omar the tent maker......fewer of the IFBX suits to make.  ;D

fishinnut said:
MrsRow said:

Good for him in taking her along. Good for him in trimming down some. Bad for Omar the tent maker......fewer of the IFBX suits to make.  ;D
Right: And I am completely sure that she abides by all of the church and college dress standards as she ascends the tree stand to hunt deer!

BALAAM said:
Right: And I am completely sure that she abides by all of the church and college dress standards as she ascends the tree stand to hunt deer!

What is the church and college dress standards for a women who ascends a tree stand to hunt deer?

BALAAM said:
fishinnut said:

No, I don't want to venture a guess. And, I don't really care as it is up to him. Wish I could do the same, but alas: I have a regular job and have to work. :)

While I agree that what he does with his own funds is his own business, but I've been told that the cost of such trips are $40K to $80K, and that is JUST the hunting fee -- no transportation or lodging included.  If he is making yearly or twice-a-year such trips, then he is very well off -- if this is from his salary as pastor, it would appear he is overpaid.

Walt said:
BALAAM said:
fishinnut said:

While I agree that what he does with his own funds is his own business, but I've been told that the cost of such trips are $40K to $80K, and that is JUST the hunting fee -- no transportation or lodging included.  If he is making yearly or twice-a-year such trips, then he is very well off -- if this is from his salary as pastor, it would appear he is overpaid.

Are the deacons in charge of the finances? Or is it a dictatorship?

bgwilkinson said:
Walt said:
BALAAM said:
fishinnut said:

Are the deacons in charge of the finances? Or is it a dictatorship?

I've never been a part of an IFB church where the pastor didn't have 100% control over the money.

There is a quite disadvantage of deacon and without deacon.

With deacons, the financial management is a republic system but like politicians can be erroneous and be corrupted.

Without deacon is basically taking away the check and balance system. It doesn't make it corrupt just more inefficient.

I think this should hold for another discussion in the thread.

IFBReformer said:

With deacons, the financial management is a republic system but like politicians can be erroneous and be corrupted.

Without deacon is basically taking away the check and balance system. It doesn't make it corrupt just more inefficient.

So I seem to remember that Keith fired or dismissed all his deacon a few years ago. Is this the case presently?

fishinnut said:
IFBReformer said:

So I seem to remember that Keith fired or dismissed all his deacon a few years ago. Is this the case presently?

Deacons can fire the pastor, with cause, in a congregation with a congregational style government but in a family business with a hierarchical setup the pastor speaks ex cathedra just like the pope of Rome and is virtually untouchable. The perfect setup for the truism "power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely".

I suspect having known Keith when he was in college the setup has him as the owner.

Northwest has not had Deacons since at least the mid 80's  Pastor Gomez states that the "all church vote"  is a better situation, but for those that have been through a number of votes, you will notice: 

1.  A leader always stands before each vote and praises God that there has never been a "No" vote, they claim this shows unity, but for a person who has sat through 20+ years of votes, it solidifies a yes vote, because to vote no would label you as un-loyal,

2.  I remember seeing the Providence Student documents that they have to agree to in order to join the FIsherman Club, that you are to Never question or disagree with any decision made by Pastor Gomez.

So students that come from other churches and join Northwest are already being set-up to just say yes. 

banjoplucker said:
Northwest has not had Deacons since at least the mid 80's  Pastor Gomez states that the "all church vote"  is a better situation, but for those that have been through a number of votes, you will notice: 

1.  A leader always stands before each vote and praises God that there has never been a "No" vote, they claim this shows unity, but for a person who has sat through 20+ years of votes, it solidifies a yes vote, because to vote no would label you as un-loyal,

2.  I remember seeing the Providence Student documents that they have to agree to in order to join the FIsherman Club, that you are to Never question or disagree with any decision made by Pastor Gomez.

So students that come from other churches and join Northwest are already being set-up to just say yes.
What happened?
Did they dare to ask him questions about what he preached lining up with scripture?
Did they neglect going  soul-winning as often as he required?
Did thy audaciously think for themselves?
Did Keith become all-knowing about everything?
Does he realize that history teaches that dictators tend to be assassinated?
Has anyone there ever researched what is common for cult leaders?

Old thread.

But, wouldn't Milgrim Experiment proves that authority dictates your decision whether you think for one second that this can be inaccurate, faulty, or wrong decision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Nobody says Gomez was in the wrong but he isn't always right.

Part of me should have shaken my head during the time when published video defending Thompson's radical abuse. But, I was one of the sheeps bilked by authority controlling my opinion as if they were the right and the boy and parent, the wrong.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/713130/posts?page=200

Leader being trained to exercise authority without knowing about learning disabilities than pass out Corporal Punishment in the name of education.  This is dangerous.

The lack of common sense is dead. The Bible expects to use common sense while not sparing the rod, spoiling the child.