Kicked Out Of BJU For Watching Glee

GenX

Elect
Reaction score
So the problem with going to college at a baptist school like Bob Jones University that

It just goes to show how much the school administrators care about its' students. Religion seems more important than scholastic edification.

So some one got kicked out of school for breaking the rules THEY agreed to abide by? Hmmm sounds about right.

Just to let you know Dumx, BJU is not a baptist school. Never has been, never will be.

What is the school's denominational affiliation?

BJU was started by Methodist Evangelist Bob Jones.  They are a non-denominational educational university today.  Certainly, many of their students are baptists, but by no means are they a "baptist" school--

Wisdoms Friend said:
BJU was started by Methodist Evangelist Bob Jones.  They are a non-denominational educational university today.  Certainly, many of their students are baptists, but by no means are they a "baptist" school--

Non-practicing Methodists?

I know of students who were kicked out of BJU for dancing to Lionel Richie's "Dancing on the Ceiling". It's on YouTube.

Plus some girls in the dorms made a video while wearing pants set to The Tubes "She's A Beauty" and they didn't get kicked out but the guys did for dancing ??? ??? ??? ???

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
I know of students who were kicked out of BJU for dancing to Lionel Richie's "Dancing on the Ceiling". It's on YouTube.

Plus some girls in the dorms made a video while wearing pants set to The Tubes "She's A Beauty" and they didn't get kicked out but the guys did for dancing ??? ??? ??? ???

That's nothing! I know someone who was kicked out of BJU for reading the Sword of the Lord. To be fair, he was told not to read it and to stop having his subscription delivered to the BJU mail room. He did a change of address to a P.O. Box and was caught reading the "contraband" when one of his dorm mates ratted him out.  ::)

BJU is the only Methodist school I know were Baptist go to become Presbyterian!

Hey, I like reviving two year old threads....it is fun and educational! 

I've known a few people who were kicked out of BJU for because they were gay and decided to become practicing gays. Yep, they broke the rules and got kicked out. It happens.