Lancaster Baptist Church - Largest?

BaptistMan said:
When I was last there back in 2009, they were averaging around 2500 or so in the main auditorium on a Sunday morning (two services).  Throw in the other ministries (children, Spanish, etc.) and they probably had a total of 3500 - 4000 on Sunday mornings.  Possibly more if you add in college kids working in certain areas as well.  For special events like Easter and Christmas musicals which were two-day productions, they probably had about 1,500 - 2,000 each night, with many guests present.  Today, I'm sure they run even more.

BaptistMan, are you related to John the Baptist?

BaptistMan said:
When I was last there back in 2009, they were averaging around 2500 or so in the main auditorium on a Sunday morning (two services).  Throw in the other ministries (children, Spanish, etc.) and they probably had a total of 3500 - 4000 on Sunday mornings.  Possibly more if you add in college kids working in certain areas as well.  For special events like Easter and Christmas musicals which were two-day productions, they probably had about 1,500 - 2,000 each night, with many guests present.  Today, I'm sure they run even more.

They claim to have over 10,000 this past Easter on all their services, not sure how valid that is.

If I'm not mistaken, they had services all over in parks?

WESLEY said:
If I'm not mistaken, they had services all over in parks?

Sounds like numbers put out by a giddy pastor.

Haha, no I am not related to John the Baptist.  If you count every ministry they had (nursing homes, satellite churches, bus ministry, parks, etc.) then it would probably be around 5,000 - 6,000 on an average Sunday.  If they are averaging around 8,000 now, I wouldn't be surprised.  It wasn't uncommon to grow in membership by anywhere from 300 - 400 people on average each year.  I loved being there.

BaptistMan said:
When I was last there back in 2009, they were averaging around 2500 or so in the main auditorium on a Sunday morning (two services). 

Were you a church member or college student?

College student.  I did join the church and worked for the college, but not in any notable positions.