Lancaster Baptist Church?s Contemporary Fruit - Updated.

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/lancaster-baptist-church-contemporary-fruit.php

Twisted said:
https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/lancaster-baptist-church-contemporary-fruit.php

Yep.

By the way, why just paste another man's quote - don't you have anything to say about it?

I'm not a fan of people just posting links to YouTube or other articles with nothing to say about it.  Why are you posting this? Do you really like it?  Really hate it?

"Sadly, that is not what we are seeing as the fruit of Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College." - David Cloud

Then he proceeds to list a few churches out of 100 churches that are 'contemporary'. I wonder if David Cloud will ever post anything about the actual larger number of conservative fundamental churches started by West Coast grads. I mean take a look at Paul Chappell's twitter today, looks like his graduate's churches are pretty conservative to me.

Walt said:
Twisted said:

Yep.

By the way, why just paste another man's quote - don't you have anything to say about it?

I'm not a fan of people just posting links to YouTube or other articles with nothing to say about it.  Why are you posting this? Do you really like it?  Really hate it?

He's a Trool and can't help himself.

Wow, Ray...Must be bored digging up old posts like that! LOL j/k I'm not a fan of either Chappell.

Wow, Ray...Must be bored digging up old posts like that! LOL j/k I'm not a fan of either Chappell.
I didn't notice the date. I am "New here after all. :LOL:

I'm not a fan of Matthew Chappell's "Steve Furtick Wannabe" persona and the music is quite cheesy ("Disney Channel" version of Hillsong Worship?) but I hope at least his teaching is sound.

I notice Jim Schettler is an instructor at WCBC. I knew him in the 80s when he was youth pastor at PCC. I had great respect for him. I visited him once in the 90s and my respect for him was bolstered. I remember when he left PCC it seemed to me he found freedom in his new church that he didn't have at PCC.

I've always known him to be passionate about the Word and very energetic in everything he does. Looking at the list of courses he teaches, they're all right up his alley.

Late edit from WCBC's website: "Dr. Schettler served for twenty-five years ministering primarily to young people through Christian education before accepting the pastorate of First Baptist Church in Santa Maria, California, where he served for six years." It says nothing about PCC. I would think that nearly 20 years as pastor of the Campus Church would be quite the bullet on a resume...

Last edited:
I didn't notice the date. I am "New here after all. :LOL:

I'm not a fan of Matthew Chappell's "Steve Furtick Wannabe" persona and the music is quite cheesy ("Disney Channel" version of Hillsong Worship?) but I hope at least his teaching is sound.
From what I have been told by many who associate with him, he's still sound. I couldn't vouch for that, as I've not kept track of him. If he's gone off on one thing, it's pretty sure he's off on others, though. It just stands to reason.

I remember when he left PCC it seemed to me he found freedom in his new church that he didn't have at PCC.

It says nothing about PCC. I would think that nearly 20 years as pastor of the Campus Church would be quite the bullet on a resume...
I would imagine he did, since being the "pastor" of the Campus Church is a "job". The Hortons' controlled the church and who was the pastor, which probably has something to do with no mention of PCC on the WCBC website. He was an employee. I have no idea how it functions today, but I doubt that much has changed.