Learn Something New This Year

IFB X-Files said:
http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5287a12009706b37859c5a440&id=e5a7f97f30&e=e88d74e3d8

Looks as though these guys run with Bob Gray.

HMMM

Makes me wonder, how much bible is actually being taught.

e4abe48b-2655-431e-9a90-caf8a9f5c8c6.jpg

images

IFB X-Files said:
http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5287a12009706b37859c5a440&id=e5a7f97f30&e=e88d74e3d8

Technology? Laptop? Computer? Tablet? Phone?  What in the world happened to the "old paths"?

BALAAM said:
IFB X-Files said:

Technology? Laptop? Computer? Tablet? Phone?  What in the world happened to the "old paths"?

Probably Windows 98 and flip phones.

Here is what bothers me about this:

30 years ago I specifically remember Jack Hyles saying that he didn't like churches starting bible institutes for their people to train at in order to make it easier. He said they needed to move away from home and trust God and go to a bible college. One of the first things JS did was to discontinue the night college and say that people needed to find out if God was real and able to provide jobs and provide for their needs. I will assume Bob Gray would have said likewise because he mostly repeats what Hyles has said.

Now, they are claiming how much easier it is to finish your degree at home in your spare time on a computer. All the while proclaiming how unchangeable they are and how wicked it is to change and how 'old paths' they are.

BTW I also remember JH talking about not offering any courses by mail because they needed to actually sit in a class and sit under the hac teachers.

The experience at HAC was as important as the classes. That could be taken several ways, but my jist is that the head knowledge wasn't anything to right home about. The life lessons were.

Baptist City Holdout said:
The experience at HAC was as important as the classes. That could be taken several ways, but my jist is that the head knowledge wasn't anything to right home about. The life lessons were.

I agree and would say the same thing. That being said, Why are ifb schools trying to jump on the bandwagon and push virtual classrooms? If it was merely academics then you can probably do better with another online school. Maybe?

BALAAM said:

I agree and would say the same thing. That being said, Why are ifb schools trying to jump on the bandwagon and push virtual classrooms? If it was merely academics then you can probably do better with another online school. Maybe?

Just maybe. And it could be survival.

BALAAM said:

Just maybe. And it could be survival.

There's more education written on the bathroom walls at HAC than there is on any computer screen in America!!

BALAAM said:
Here is what bothers me about this:

30 years ago I specifically remember Jack Hyles saying that he didn't like churches starting bible institutes for their people to train at in order to make it easier. He said they needed to move away from home and trust God and go to a bible college. One of the first things JS did was to discontinue the night college and say that people needed to find out if God was real and able to provide jobs and provide for their needs. I will assume Bob Gray would have said likewise because he mostly repeats what Hyles has said.

This may be rather cynical, but I think BG is finding it harder and harder to get speaking engagements as more IFB churches see the errors and flaws in JH... I think this move by BG and others is (a) a money-making move for them, and (b) a way to teach their narrow brand of "the truth" as more people reject the concepts he teaches.

It's $30 a course to audit.

Smellin Coffee said:

I kinda wonder how much he will go in to how many times he preached with JH?

Smellin Coffee said:

I believe Raider is actually much more qualified to teach this class.  Because Raider is much more loyal than Bob Gray could ever be.

:D