Legalism isn't the problem. It never has been

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
You hear it from the RFP podcast. You hear it from IFB Preacher clips. You hear it from the "new guard".... The core problem with IFB fundamentalism is "legalism'.

They are horribly wrong.

Ironically, these same people, IFB Preacher clips removed, preach their own brand of legalism themselves. It is just slightly different and revolves around different "things". The issue really isn't about "things". It is about "power and influence".

Which is something the RFP podcast and the "new guard" STILL have a problem with. They CONTROL the people they "pastor/mentor" themselves. They run/drive off people that disagree with them too. They haven't really changed all that much. They're just attempting to appear reasonable while they dictate exact what goes on in their circles as well. They've pretty much formed their own "clan/group" to the exclusion of those they disagree with.

I know they'll say "our fellowship" is in the Gospel but they preach their flavor of the Gospel and demand you agree with them. If you disagree with them on that flavor, its "off with their head"......

Give you an example, they mention men like "John Piper" as being their role models now..... Like John Piper isn't a knuckle dragging sexist pig preaching his own legalism.

As much as people say they change, they're just really changing their idols out for new ones.

You hear it from the RFP podcast. You hear it from IFB Preacher clips. You hear it from the "new guard".... The core problem with IFB fundamentalism is "legalism'.

They are horribly wrong.

Ironically, these same people, IFB Preacher clips removed, preach their own brand of legalism themselves. It is just slightly different and revolves around different "things". The issue really isn't about "things". It is about "power and influence".

Which is something the RFP podcast and the "new guard" STILL have a problem with. They CONTROL the people they "pastor/mentor" themselves. They run/drive off people that disagree with them too. They haven't really changed all that much. They're just attempting to appear reasonable while they dictate exact what goes on in their circles as well. They've pretty much formed their own "clan/group" to the exclusion of those they disagree with.

I know they'll say "our fellowship" is in the Gospel but they preach their flavor of the Gospel and demand you agree with them. If you disagree with them on that flavor, its "off with their head"......

Give you an example, they mention men like "John Piper" as being their role models now..... Like John Piper isn't a knuckle dragging sexist pig preaching his own legalism.

As much as people say they change, they're just really changing their idols out for new ones.
Something like the dumbocraps preaching tolerance when they are not tolerant to anyone who doesn't acquiesce to their views?

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Something like the dumbocraps preaching tolerance when they are not tolerant to anyone who doesn't acquiesce to their views?

Exactly and you bring up an excellent point. There really isn't anywhere to go except to Jesus. I don't really fit in anywhere. I've tried. Sooner or later, I'm going to challenge someone on what they say and its going to change the entire relationship.

I was where these RFP members are..... close to 20 years ago. Most people assume I'm a liberal and I'm not even close. I wouldn't last 10 mins among the LGBT. Not that I don't love them. I do. It is just about the stupidest "choice" a human being can make to willing abandon God's natural purpose in a male female relationship.

Tolerance always works both ways.