Living a fulfilling Christian Life

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
I can honestly say I believe most Christians are just not happy. Sure. They'll pretend they are. They'll tell you they are.... but if they truly be honest, they're just not happy. I think it might be good if we discuss the why's and how's of living a fulfilling Christian life.

First, its okay to "fight" about it. Which is one thing that attracted me to the FFF forums so many years ago. The idea that I can argue for the Truth without fearing the "wrath" of influential people targeting you.

So lets "fight it out"....

1. Most Christian have unrealistic expectations of what it is to lead a Christian life.

I've got both bad and good news for you.... and both come out of the same fact. No matter how hard you try, you're going to fail. That is good in the fact, failure teaches us and success often leads to pride. It is bad because can make the mistake of accepting failure as if we can never succeed. I'm not a prosperity preacher nor am I'm a pessimistic. I try to be a realist. It is by God's supernatural power that we only have the ability to be pleasing to Him. Yet, we have this power/treasure in weak vessels. That the praise might be of God and not of us.

I'm reminded of the story of Peter questioning the Lord of how many times he should forgive his brother if he sinned against him in a day..... People often see Luke 17 and Matthew 18 being the same story. I believe Luke 17 produced the discussion Peter had with Jesus recorded in Matthew 18. Peter was wanting to please Jesus by following what Jesus had taught, but his natural inclination to sin was hung up on the # 7.

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. (70 being the numbered disciples. So if every single brother sinned against him 7 times in one day... he was to forgive.)

I know. Most people don't believe they sin 7 times in a day much less 7 times toward a single person. However, that isn't remotely true. Fact is, what we see as sin is NOT often sin.... and what we we often dismiss as being trivial is grievous and detrimental in our lives. The story of the "Unforgiving Servant" that follows Matt 18:22 shows that is difficult for us to really see our own attitude toward sin in our own lives. We have a set of rules for ourselves and a much harsher set of rules for OTHERS.

IF you would stop thinking about yourself for a few moments, you would realize just how many times we sin against those we love in a single day. Harsh words. Lack of concern. Meaningless empty chatter that distracts the mind. Temporal affections hiding eternal needs. Discontentment. Emotionless.... and the list goes on and on. Man made double standards start with US. We are willing participates and often don't even realize it.

Christians are the best in THIS world at pretending. We actually believe that "looking good" to others based on societal norms is what sells the message of God to humanity. There is this pretense that only righteously clean people can sell the message of God. When nothing could be further from the Truth. What sells the message of God is our LOVE for Him and our LOVE for one another.

YOU needs to go way. YOU needs to become JESUS and HIS Sheep. If you really want to be happy.....You need to throw away the social gospel message of "Christianity is all about what God has done for YOU"..... While it begins there, babies think about themselves. Adults in Jesus Christ know its ALL about OTHERS. Even if you can't physically do much, you can LOVE beyond yourself.

Here are few other points. Low on time at the moment....

2. Most Christians focus on things that will NEVER, significantly, satisfy them.

3. Most Christians have no problem lying by pretending they're something, they're not.

4. Most Christians refuse to put forth the effort required to please God. I said please God. Not please men. In fact, most had rather please a man than please God. Its easier.....

5. Some Christian take pleasure in being alone. "The martyr syndrome".....

Last edited:
The reason most Christians are not happy the way we should be is the principle: (And I include myself in this group of those not happy like they should be)
For we walk by faith, and not by sight.
The faith walk is often eclipsed by the sight walk, which brings no lasting joy or purpose.
The real Christ-like walk is a 'faith walk'.

The reason most Christians are not happy the way we should be is the principle: (And I include myself in this group of those not happy like they should be)
For we walk by faith, and not by sight.
The faith walk is often eclipsed by the sight walk, which brings no lasting joy or purpose.
The real Christ-like walk is a 'faith walk'.

Faith BRINGS something or it is worthless to us. Faith BRINGS sight. Moses endured as seeing Him who WAS invisible.

For example, Faith.... ENDS... fear. You can't be happy and be fearful. Perfect love casts out fear. Fear HAS torment. The person that fears is not made perfect in love.

Such things are empty teachings brought about by faithless people who have never felt nor proved much of anything when it comes to God.

one thing that attracted me to the FFF forums so many years ago. The idea that I can argue for the Truth without fearing the "wrath" of influential people
Or it was because you could finally complain with other losers while avoiding authentic face-to-face social responses, malnutritioned in your mother's basement, waiting for granny to bake you cookies.

Watch, some of them will most likely show up now:

Or it was because you could finally complain with other losers while hiding from real responses, malnutritioned in your mother's basement, waiting for granny to bake you cookies.

UGC is a sad man... ;)

Or it was because you could finally complain with other losers while avoiding authentic face-to-face social responses, malnutritioned in your mother's basement, waiting for granny to bake you cookies.

What do you think this is? I'm having an authentic, digital, face to face social interaction with you. I'm being myself and I'm being real. I'm not pretending. I don't have any "granny" left. They've all left this world.

First, its okay to "fight" about it. Which is one thing that attracted me to the FFF forums so many years ago. The idea that I can argue for the Truth without fearing the "wrath" of influential people targeting you.
While we're free of the wrath of influential people, obviously we're still working on the whining of insignificant people. Bear with us.

Bear with us.
The skinny little dweeb has now arrived to reassure his imaginary internet friends.

Nobody is here except you losers and the UGC Exposers of Evil account calling out your smear campaigning and doctrinal illiteracy.

All these threads here whining about and putting down Pastors, their schools, and/or churches. What a bunch of losers.
Couldn't get any respect in real life so had to pretend you're the actor from Superman (a children's story) and police your 5-person smear forum here.

Someone needs to give Ransom a wedgie to remind him who he really is.

Watch, some of them will most likely show up now:
"Underground" Church complaining about basement dwellers. You always bring the comedy when you post. That's what I like about you.

Wow, this thread went down hill quick.
You should see the rest of them.

"Underground" Church complaining about basement dwellers.
Yeah, that's what "underground" means: that it's literally underground.

Just like the "underground" music scene means none of those bands played on stages above ground.

It didn't mean they were against the politically corrupt, money-grubbing music industry that was "above ground". Your ignorance isn't comedic. It's very dumb.

You should see the rest of them.

Yeah, that's what "underground" means: that it's literally underground.

Just like the "underground" music scene means none of those bands played on stages above ground.

It didn't mean they were against the politically corrupt, money-grubbing music industry that was "above ground". Your ignorance isn't comedic. It's very dumb.
Ya, remind me again how you are underground. You say you are not physically underground. You also are very easy to find on youtube or facebook so your not hidden away in some secret area of the internet. Then we could move on to the "church" part. You claim to be neither a church or a para church organization. So you are the Undergound (but not really underground) Church (but not really a church).

You also are very easy to find on youtube or facebook so your not hidden away in some secret area of the internet.
Yeah, because the "underground" music scene was "hidden" and not easy to find on the internet.

Anyone can find the underground. Not everyone has what it takes to go there.

So you are the Undergound... Church (but not really a church).
We're the Underground Church Podcast. We're a Podcast.

Did you complain at the Church's Chicken drive-thru last week that they weren't a "real church". The real church is the body of Christ. It's not a building or an institution anyway.

Did you complain at the Church's Chicken drive-thru last week that they weren't a "real church"
Umm... no since the founders last name is Church. In a sense he was a real Church just not the kind you are thinking of.

The skinny little dweeb has now arrived to reassure his imaginary internet friends.
Whatever. Cry more.

Anyway, since Tweedledumber can't control himself and has decided to hijack this thread, on goes the muzzle again.

Umm... no since the founders last name is Church.
These dweebs are still missing all humor and taking everything except the Bible this literally.

If you flipped it the other way around, maybe you'd even get saved and wouldn't be viewed by everyone except the 5 losers here as socially unaware anti-Christian bigots.

These dweebs are still missing all humor and taking everything except the Bible this literally.

If you flipped it the other way around, maybe you'd even get saved and wouldn't be viewed by everyone except the 5 losers here as socially unaware anti-Christian bigots.
No, I said from the beginning I do see the humor in the non-underground, non-church called the Underground Church.