Lola!

Jubal Sackett

Elect
Reaction score
My son's beagle, Lola is visiting for the week while he and his wife are escaping law school for a few days. Lola has never had any training as a hunting dog at all. This morning I let her out to take care of business. She immediately jumped a rabbit and took off after it like a bullet baying at the top of her lungs. She ran the rabbit in a large circle right to me just as if she had been doing all her life. The rabbit ran under the lattice work and lived to run another day.
I just love to watch a hunting dog work and hear them sing. It's amazing that the years of selective breeding have instilled an instinct to perform with out a lick of training. This may just be a Tennessee thing.

Jubal Scackett

The poster  formerly known as ChuckBob.

I love hunting dogs myself. I prefer a Treeing Walker. Some are better than others. I love to hear a cold nosed female track....

I miss own them. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Have kept a small pack of hunting beagles for the past almost 20 years.  There is practically nothing I would rather do than turn them loose in a cutover near an agricultural field and hear them run, hoping to get the shot when b'rer rabbit briefly breaks cover.  Crisp morning; good dawgs; a couple of friends; the anticipation as the dogs get closer; and the sound of an occasional shot.........................doesn't get much better than that.

I used to have beagles years ago. It was in the country and if they ever got loose it was about 3 days before I could get them back home again.
But, you could hear them all night long on rabbits. It is a sound that we will hear in heaven!  IMO

Anchor said:
Have kept a small pack of hunting beagles for the past almost 20 years.  There is practically nothing I would rather do than turn them loose in a cutover near an agricultural field and hear them run, hoping to get the shot when b'rer rabbit briefly breaks cover.  Crisp morning; good dawgs; a couple of friends; the anticipation as the dogs get closer; and the sound of an occasional shot.........................doesn't get much better than that.

I couldn't agree more. For a moment there I was taken back to cool Nov. Sat. mornings with my dad and uncle. the sound of the dogs on the trail like heavenly music to a Tennessee boy.

Jubal Sackett

The poster formerly known as ChuckBob.

I just finished reading Jubal Sackett to my kids. Good book...

Recovering IFB said:
The dog barks all day and all of the night......

The dog in the neighbor's yard barks all night.  The neighbor won't do anything about it. 

So I stole the dog and put it in my yard.  Let's see how the neighbor likes THAT.

Sometimes after I've been on my feet all day, my dogs really start barking.

rsc2a said:
Sometimes after I've been on my feet all day, my dogs really start barking.

[youtube]Rd5dYQHoZS0[/youtube]

I'm not dumb but I can't understand.......

C-O-L-A.........cola.

:eek:

Good to see ya postin' again Chuck.