Maxine Jeffries

Teri in NC

Elect
Reaction score
One of my Facebook friends shared Ray Highfill?s status yesterday:

Today at 1:05 PM a great lady moved to heaven to be with the Lord Maxine Jeffries passed away today at 1:05 PM.  She worked with the deaf for over 50 years.  She loved the Deaf.

Heaven gets sweeter....

Teri in NC said:

Today at 1:05 PM a great lady moved to heaven to be with the Lord Maxine Jeffries passed away today at 1:05 PM.  She worked with the deaf for over 50 years.  She loved the Deaf.

Heaven gets sweeter....
It was my privilege to drive a SS bus route that picked up deaf folks around Wrigle Field in Chicago while in college. 

She was a very godly, dedicated servant of Christ.

fishinnut said:
Teri in NC said:

Heaven gets sweeter....
It was my privilege to drive a SS bus route that picked up deaf folks around Wrigle Field in Chicago while in college.

I'm curious....how did these kids act?

I had a deaf girl on our route (pre-HAC) and she was a stinker.

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Teri in NC said:

Heaven gets sweeter....

I'm curious....how did these kids act?

I had a deaf girl on our route (pre-HAC) and she was a stinker.
Had a deaf worker on the bus........they talked their fingers off & hung on for dear life.

Once, I was painting the ext doors that went to the side parking lot from the Miller Hall building .
They were a brick red, and as red paint goes, looked magenta while wet.
Maxine spent 10 minutes trying to convince me that I had the wrong color!!

Another time, she was butting in, and I took my brush and started slapping the wall like a chimpanzee, hooting and hollering.

She walked off with both hands above her head, going:"O Lawd, you baddd".

She came back attempting to make peace, apparently, with a water bottle.
I told her "now you're being helpful".

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk