Men ad guns

TVC said:
Bro Blue said:
It's nothing to compare with you guys weaponry, but I used to enjoy shooting my old 20 gauge. And I will pick up my oldest sons little Daisy and plink with it from time to time.

I like to shoot my 12 gauge and M-1 Carbine.  My handgun of choice is a Ruger Blackhawk .357 - revolvers are cool.  8)

Yep, revolver fan here, too.  Old nickel M19 Smith in .357 and a Ruger GP100 6" bull barrel in the same caliber.  Lots of fun.

I don't own any guns myself.  But, when I go shooting with some friends at the range who let me borrow theirs, I have enjoyed shooting the AK-47.  Quite fun.  There was this guy who came one day and let me borrow his WW2 era German Rifle.  That was fun to try once but immediately gave it back to him as it almost knocked me on my butt.  My shoulder was throbbing with pain after that one. 

Winston said:
My favorite? I don't know. I have a few. But I would like to own a good .380.  Anyone have a suggestion that won't cost me too much?

Someone suggested the s & W 908.  Anyone have one?
I would suggest the Walther PK .380. Retails for  around $350. I have one and it is an outstanding firearm for the price. I liked it so much I bought my wife a P22. :)

Since ammo is so expensive, I don't shoot much anymore,
But when I do shoot, my favorite is my Springfield SD-40 for a semi-auto pistol,
And I really enjoy shooting my AK-47.
Can't hit too well with it, but it's a hoot to shoot!

Kel-Tec has a new bull pup shotgun that holds 15 rounds.  Switch chambers with flip of the thumb and you can change what your are shooting just that fast.  If you can't hit your target with 15 rounds of shot - you just might be a HACker security guard!

Winston said:
Mick said:
Hey guys let's dicuss guns.  what is your favorite to shoot?

My favorite? I don't know. I have a few. But I would like to own a good .380.  Anyone have a suggestion that won't cost me too much?

Someone suggested the s & W 908.  Anyone have one?

SW908_review.jpg

Might want to consider a Sig P238, great little gun in .380.

Izdaari said:
I have a Makarov. It's 9x18, pretty much the same as a .380 though the ammo's not interchangeable. It's cheap and reliable, basically a Russian version of the Walther PP design. Lots of East European countries made them. The East German ones had especially good workmanship.

standard.jpg

I have 5-6 of these great guns. At least 1 East German.  When I am in my bed at night, I have at least 6 pistols within 10 feet of my bed. Now, I just need to learn to wake up. :)

I have a German Luger 9mm that I rarely shoot, but I love to shoot it. I have a Springfield XD9mm and a Taurus pt709 slim. The  slim is a good carry gun and reasonably priced for those who are interested. I like my Marlin 30-30 for a rifle, and a Mossberg 500 20 gauge which I will give to my grandson when he is old enough. It was mentioned that ammunition is so expensive now, and I don't do as much shooting as before. Wallmart in my area used to have shelves full of ammunition, but now the shelves are bare except for a few shotgun shells.

I shoot my service wheel gun a Smith blue .38 I also have an AR15 . I'm looking for a small automatic to cc any ideas. I don't want to spend over 300 and don't care for 9mm.

I can't afford guns.  I'd like to get a Glock and an AR15 someday.  Meanwhile, I can shoot rubber bands with deadly accuracy.

Several different rifles in the safe. No handgun as of now. We had a nice S&W 686 my wife used for deer hunting. Sold it in a fit of fiscal sanity.

Question: How many guns do you own?

Answer: More than I need, less than I want.

:)

Isn't that the way of sports shooters?  My husband and my father were both collectors...and my son inherited that trait from the both of them.  An expensive hobby, but good, clean fun!

As an aside, I met my husband through target shooting.  I intrigued him with my shooting skills and hooked him with my cooking skills...or was it the other way around?  ;)

lnf said:
As an aside, I met my husband through target shooting.  I intrigued him with my shooting skills and hooked him with my cooking skills...or was it the other way around;)

You shot him and then cooked him??? ;)

Well, he probably felt like I cooked him...he was in hot water often enough.    :eek:  And he probably wished at times that I would have just shot him so he could be put out of his misery.    ;)

lnf said:
Well, he probably felt like I cooked him...he was in hot water often enough.    :eek:  And he probably wished at times that I would have just shot him so he could be put out of his misery.    ;)

I have met some who should be shot and put out of the ministry! ;)

Well, I don't care who you are...that right there was funny!

My apologies to the Cable Guy.

brotherrich said:
I shoot my service wheel gun a Smith blue .38 I also have an AR15 . I'm looking for a small automatic to cc any ideas. I don't want to spend over 300 and don't care for 9mm.
Would you consider used?

lnf said:

Groucho once said that American women like to cook, wash and clean.  They cook their husband's goose, wash their hands of the kids and clean out the bank account.  ;)