Men ad guns

M

Mick

Hey guys let's dicuss guns.  what is your favorite to shoot?

I like my Kimber .45 cal semi auto.

Depends on what kind of shooting I am doing. For match shooting I use my Apex Tactical modified Smith and Wesson M&P .40.

Just for fun shooting is usually my modified Smith and Wesson SW9VE.

For combat style shooting I use either my Springfield Mil-Spec 1911A1 or my Heckler and Koch USP, both in .45 caliber.

My self protection every day carry pistol is my SIG P-225 in 9 mm.

My rifle of choice for target shooting is my Armscor M1600 Tactical.

Well, of course guns are not just a guy thing.  :-*

My favorite for many years is my Browning Hi-Power 9mm. It's mildly customized, looks almost identical to this:

hi-power_2tone.jpg

Hey...who let that girl in here???? ;D 8)

T-Bone said:
I don't know, but if she can shoot that thing, I think it's best we leave her alone.  ;D

standingtall said:
T-Bone said:
I don't know, but if she can shoot that thing, I think it's best we leave her alone.  ;D
Indubedably! :)

T-Bone said:

That is no girl. That is Izzie. She is one tough chica and she could probably kick all our butts.

Quote from: Bob on Today at 01:08:38 PM
Quote from: T-Bone on Today at 12:01:51 PM
Hey...who let that girl in here? ??? ;D 8)
That is no girl. That is Izzie. She is one tough chica and she could probably kick all our butts.

Well, thank you!  8)

But seriously, I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, I've been shooting and training in martial arts for a long time, and I've been in a few real fights, mostly due to being places I shouldn't have been... but I'm an amateur. There are at least a few military and law enforcement pros here, and that's a whole different league.

Izdaari said:
Quote from: Bob on Today at 01:08:38 PM<blockquote>Quote from: T-Bone on Today at 12:01:51 PM<blockquote>Hey...who let that girl in here? ??? ;D 8)
</blockquote>
</blockquote>

Well, thank you!  8)

But seriously, I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, I've been shooting and training in martial arts for a long time, and I've been in a few real fights, mostly due to being places I shouldn't have been... but I'm an amateur. There are at least a few military and law enforcement pros here, and that's a whole different league.

You're interesting.

Add another vote for the M&P. I used to be pretty die-hard for my Beretta (96FS), then we switched to the M&P at work and I bought one for myself. It's really smooth and a lot more natural feeling for me to shoot.

For rifles, definitely my M21, although I usually end up taking either an SKS or an AR-15 to the range these days because of the ammo costs. (I have a Russian SKS that I got cheap and had a trigger job done, then did an 8-4 feed ramp/receiver mod & polished the extractor on - it's accurate to about 2 1/2 MOA, 2 if I get picky and use handloads).

Raine said:
Add another vote for the M&P.
I have been shooting for almost 60 years and the M&P has, in my opinion, the finest ergonomics of any pistol I have ever fired. I am a die-hard 1911A1 guy dating back to my military years, but have to admit the M&P is ergonomically superior. It feels so "right" in my hand I have to TRY to miss! :)

Thomas Cassidy said:
Raine said:
Add another vote for the M&P.
I have been shooting for almost 60 years and the M&P has, in my opinion, the finest ergonomics of any pistol I have ever fired. I am a die-hard 1911A1 guy dating back to my military years, but have to admit the M&P is ergonomically superior. It feels so "right" in my hand I have to TRY to miss! :)

I love my M&P. It is a very good concealed carry pistol.

FSSL said:
I love my M&P. It is a very good concealed carry pistol.
I find it a bit too large (thick), but then, I am not a very big guy. My SIG P225 is single stack so is much thinner and easier for a skinny old guy to conceal. :)

It's nothing to compare with you guys weaponry, but I used to enjoy shooting my old 20 gauge. And I will pick up my oldest sons little Daisy and plink with it from time to time.

Mick said:
Hey guys let's dicuss guns.  what is your favorite to shoot?

My favorite? I don't know. I have a few. But I would like to own a good .380.  Anyone have a suggestion that won't cost me too much?

Someone suggested the s & W 908.  Anyone have one?

SW908_review.jpg

I have a Makarov. It's 9x18, pretty much the same as a .380 though the ammo's not interchangeable. It's cheap and reliable, basically a Russian version of the Walther PP design. Lots of East European countries made them. The East German ones had especially good workmanship.

standard.jpg

My husband had a couple Makarovs, and he's a big fan. I haven't shot them enough to really have an opinion yet.

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and it's decent, really good for the price.

If you're looking more at size than caliber, Kel-Tec makes a little 9mm (PF-9) that's about the same size as most .380s. The disadvantage is the grip is hard and narrow and bites the heck out of your hand if you do much shooting with it, but it's designed mainly for concealed carry to get someone off of you, not for a day at the range.

Bro Blue said:
It's nothing to compare with you guys weaponry, but I used to enjoy shooting my old 20 gauge. And I will pick up my oldest sons little Daisy and plink with it from time to time.

I like to shoot my 12 gauge and M-1 Carbine.  My handgun of choice is a Ruger Blackhawk .357 - revolvers are cool.  8)