Michael Tait accusations.


I'm not a fan of the cuts in the video, but it was an interesting conversation, and I agree with Steve, Wes Campbell most likely knew what was going on.

I will say, Cospers' "The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill" is also worth a listen.
 
"I’m one of the men who came forward about Michael Tait, and calling what happened a 'stumble' is exactly what is wrong with celebrity Christianity. I believe in grace. I believe in forgiveness. But forgiveness is not the same thing as restoration to a platform. Repentance requires accountability and Michael has never contacted me to apologize or ask my forgiveness for what he did to me. Yet pastors are already embracing him while survivors were left wondering where the Church was when we needed those open arms. . . .

"When people say they have been sexually harmed, reducing the conversation to 'we all stumble' risks sounding less like grace and more like minimization. Imagine being one of the alleged victims and watching church leaders publicly embrace the accused while rebuking Christians who are asking difficult questions. Where is the public embrace for the wounded? Where is the declaration that those who say they were harmed deserve to be heard, treated with dignity and protected?"


 
Back
Top