Mike Zachary back to teaching children

send all reports to the police in Florida...........

IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:
...he still lurks and preys on young boys.

You have evidence that he has done this before?  If not you've opened yourself up to slander charges.

As you probably know, Mike Zachary (WCBC) and Brad Boruff (GSBC) were both suddenly removed from their positions, and all mention of them was scrubbed from the churches' and colleges' web sites.

Both Paul Chappel and Jack Trieber had statements put up on their respective websites that provided a slightly confusing and differing view.  They were taking down again pretty speedily, but once something is posted to the Internet, it is hard to really get rid of it.

Based on their statements (which don't fully agree with each other), it appears that JT became aware of an investigation concerning MZ, and notified PC, who then interviewed MZ.  MZ then confessed about something; enough to be terminated immediately by WCBC. Details were not given; PC wrote that MZ confessed to "no physical acts of immorality" but did confess to "temptations and sinful behavior".  Part of MZ's confession was that he had been working with BB to overcome his sin. PC passed this on to JT, who immediately fired BB... I gather BB, and all GSBC employees have a requirement to tell JT about potential scandals like this.  PC said that MZ was in counseling regarding his family and the situation.

GSBC claims that MZ confessed to acts of gross immorality and potential criminality, and then went on to talk about how they don't tolerate abuse of children.

The police decided to drop their investigation, and MZ moved to Florida.

I believe that all of the above are facts.  Many people have drawn conclusions from these facts.

I hope this helps.

IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:

You have evidence that he has done this before?  If not you've opened yourself up to slander charges.
Do you have evidence to the contrary of what WC released, that MZ had homosexual tendecies, and had inapropriate interaction with male college students that he taught?
No one has accused him, that I've heard of, of molestation of kids.
But, as Christians, dont we view him as a pervert and possibly a reprobate?

Before settling in Florida, he made a few stops. One I heard about, and followed closely since I had at one time attended that church in Rockford, Illinois!!

prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:

Do you have evidence to the contrary of what WC released, that MZ had homosexual tendencies, and had inappropriate interaction with male college students that he taught?

I have seen nothing that WCBC released that indicated MZ had homosexual tendencies or had inappropriate interaction with students, male or female.  In fact, PC said that MZ had committed no physical acts of immorality, although he did admit to sinful behavior.  I interpret those two statements to mean that he confessed to temptations of one sort or another, and also confessed to self-eroticism (that's about as delicately as I can think of).

GSBC talked about acts of gross immorality and potential criminality; in their statement, they went on to discuss how they don't tolerate abuse of children.  The implication is the MZ's problem involved children.

However, no one said anything definite.

Walt said:
prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:

Do you have evidence to the contrary of what WC released, that MZ had homosexual tendencies, and had inappropriate interaction with male college students that he taught?

I have seen nothing that WCBC released that indicated MZ had homosexual tendencies or had inappropriate interaction with students, male or female.  In fact, PC said that MZ had committed no physical acts of immorality, although he did admit to sinful behavior.  I interpret those two statements to mean that he confessed to temptations of one sort or another, and also confessed to self-eroticism (that's about as delicately as I can think of).

GSBC talked about acts of gross immorality and potential criminality; in their statement, they went on to discuss how they don't tolerate abuse of children.  The implication is the MZ's problem involved children.

there were statements made, initially,  that were removed in less than a week.  In one statement, from Lancaster, the word homosexual was used.
I wasn't the one who posted the link, byt someone on here did.  It was removed on lancaster's end, and WC had a joint release with GS, where they collaborated stories.
Not saying they attempted to cover up any crime, I think they played CYA.
So that is where I got that phrase from...
Still, the real problem here is that: what actually happened, isnt available on either website, in anything other than legalese double-speak.
Many people, myself included, have had close personal/ministry contact with Mr. Zachary.
We, the IFB that he potentially uses to access his prey, if he is predatory in any manner, on children especially, but also inclyding 18 year-old effeminate freshmen music majors in ifb colleges, need to know the whole story.
My God!  I look at his name every week, in the front of our hymnal.
Give us the truth, which , frankly, many if us don't find surprising, since he is openly effeminate.

Remember the "Dr. Twinkle-Finger" skits?

Walt said:
prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:

Here are the posts that were deleted.

So these don't go down a rabbit hole and to make it easier to follow.

I'll post additional statements when they are forthcoming, it will help all of us understand better what transpired.

The following Statement is by West Coast Baptist College, Paul Chappell President.

http://wcbc.edu/articles/statement-regarding-dr-mike-zachary

Statement Regarding Dr. Mike Zachary
May 12, 2014

On April 21, 2014, we received a phone call from the administration at North Valley Baptist Church in Santa Clara, California, indicating that their ministry had, for some time, been investigating an incident involving Mike Zachary. The incident, which we specifically were told was not “immoral or illegal,” allegedly took place during his employment there several years ago. While we were given no details of the incident, we were assured that there was no cause for dismissal of Dr. Zachary from our employment.

Our administration immediately began a series of meetings with Dr. Zachary to attempt to ascertain the nature of this past situation at the North Valley Baptist Church. It saddens us to share today that in these meetings, while Dr. Zachary admitted to no physical acts of immorality, he did acknowledge temptations and sinful behavior that was inconsistent with what he had disclosed in his interview process a few years ago. At that moment, for the integrity of the ministry, it was determined to dismiss Dr. Zachary.

During our employment interview with Dr. Zachary a few years ago, neither he nor his former employer disclosed any issue of concern regarding impropriety to us when they were asked. We have no reason to believe his former employer had any information about the matters to be disclosed about Dr. Zachary.

Dr. Zachary has expressed repentance for his untruthfulness and behavior. However, because he was not forthright in his interview and because of the behavior and personal struggle he has shared, Dr. Zachary was dismissed.

There have been no allegations or admissions of impropriety or sin during his time here at West Coast Baptist College. We know of no victims of any actions of Dr. Zachary.

While in a meeting with Dr. Zachary, it came to our attention that an employee of North Valley Baptist Church and Golden State Baptist College had been aware of Dr. Zachary’s struggles. In the spirit of full disclosure, we contacted their ministry with specific information regarding their employee.

Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College abide by scriptural principles and written policies when handling such matters. We have not, and will not recommend biblically disqualified persons to another ministry.

We are unaware of the status of the investigation with the North Valley Baptist Church, or any other entities, but pledge to pray for them at this difficult time.

Due to the fact that we are told there is an investigation, it is important that if anyone knows of any impropriety at any ministry where Dr. Zachary has served, we encourage them to report it to the authorities immediately.

Our board of deacons and West Coast Baptist College advisory members have been made aware of this situation.

Due to the need for personal family counsel, we have provided counsel for the Zacharys through a certified Christian counselor. The counseling is underway, and we ask you to pray for the entire Zachary family at this time. We also request prayer for Mrs. Zachary’s mother who was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease a few days ago. The Zacharys are praying about their future plans, and we are asking God to guide them in the process and help them to be restored through the grace of God and with help from the people of God (Galatians 6:1). They are aware of the publishing of this statement.

Anyone with questions regarding this matter from a West Coast Baptist College perspective may contact Dr. John Goetsch. Anyone with concerns of impropriety or illegal actions should contact the authorities.

The following Statement is by West Coast Baptist College, Paul Chappell President.

http://wcbc.edu/articles/follow-up-statement-regarding-dr-mike-zachary

Follow Up Statement regarding Dr. Mike Zachary
May 12, 2014

We received word late Monday afternoon from the North Valley Baptist Church in Santa Clara, California, that there is no longer an investigation of Dr. Mike Zachary. We, therefore, request your prayers for the Zacharys as they confront the spiritual battles of the past through Biblical counseling, application and obedience.

The Zacharys will be moving to Florida to minister to Angie's mother as she battles Lou Gehrig’s disease. Thank you again for your prayers at this time.

The following Statement is by Golden State Baptist College, Jack Trieber President.

http://gsbc.edu/recent_news/responsive-statement-to-west-coast-baptist-colleges-statement-regarding-dr-zacharys-termination/

Response Statement to West Coast Baptist College’s Statement Regarding Dr. Mike Zachary

May 13, 2014
On April 21, 2014, Dr. Jack Trieber telephoned Dr. Paul Chappell to cancel a breakfast appointment that Dr. Chappell had requested with him. Dr. Trieber explained that he did not think that it would be an appropriate time for them to meet because there was an on-going criminal investigation in Santa Clara regarding Dr. Mike Zachary, the Chairman of West Coast Baptist College’s music department.

Dr. Chappell was told that the investigation was on-going and that it was criminal. Dr. Trieber suggested that Dr. Chappell not interfere with the police investigation, and Dr. Trieber always viewed the allegations as both immoral and potentially criminal. That is why Dr. Trieber immediately and personally reported within the hour the allegations to the authorities upon the advice of his legal counsel at the NCLL. Dr. Trieber never recommended that Dr. Chappell keep Dr. Zachary, or any of his staff, as that was Dr. Chappell’s decision to make.

Irrespective of potentially interfering with the police investigation, Dr. Chappell proceeded to interview Dr. Zachary. During the course of these interviews, Dr. Chappell discovered a number of highly troubling facts and serious admissions from Dr. Zachary—Dr. Chappell’s staff member—that led to Dr. Zachary’s termination. It was later disclosed to Dr. Trieber, on May 1, 2014, that one of his staff members may have known about some of these sinful actions of Dr. Zachary. Once confirmed, this staff member was relieved of his responsibilities on May 2, 2014.

The actions to which Dr. Chappell stated Dr. Zachary confessed were clearly acts of gross immorality and potential criminality. Dr. Zachary’s dismissal—from a high position of leadership within a Bible college—was completely appropriate. We wholeheartedly agree with Dr. Chappell’s decision to dismiss Dr. Zachary immediately.

To be perfectly clear, when West Coast Baptist College hired Dr. and Mrs. Zachary, it was done without Dr. Trieber’s direction. Dr. Zachary had resigned from Golden State Baptist College and lined up his interviews at West Coast Baptist College before Dr. Trieber was even aware of Dr. Zachary’s future life plans.

As a matter of policy, North Valley Baptist Church and Golden State Baptist College report all matters of potential child abuse to the authorities. We do not cover child abuse and we do not hire child abusers. We also do not tolerate immorality among our staff.

Please pray for the victims in this sad situation. They are the ones that are truly injured.

We took this opportunity with our staff and deacons to make sure that they understood that failure to immediately report allegations of child abuse is a crime in the State of California and it is grounds for immediate dismissal from our ministry. Transparency, child safety, and accountability are essential for successful ministry leadership.

Here is a new statement from both schools.  This coordinates the stories.

Joint Statement of Dr. Paul Chappell and Dr. Jack Trieber Regarding Dr. Mike Zachary
May 14, 2014

Joint Statement of
Dr. Paul Chappell, West Coast Baptist College and
Dr. Jack Trieber, Golden State Baptist College

http://wcbc.edu/articles/joint-statement-of-dr-paul-chappell-and-dr-jack-trieber-regarding-dr-mike-zachary

For the cause of Christ and for the advancement of the gospel, we mutually state our respect for one another and our appreciation for the ministries God has called us to serve in this needy hour.

It is with great appreciation and deep respect that we minister with one another here in California. It is our desire to model Christlikeness to this and future generations. We are truly thankful for what God is using the other ministry to accomplish for His glory.

"Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it." ( 1 Peter 3:8–11)

Jesus also instructed in John 13:35: “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”

It is the desire and practice of our ministries to encourage scriptural and legal handling of all matters brought to us by the sovereign hand of God. In our recent dealings with a very difficult matter, including public statements released by both ministries, it has not been the intent of either ministry to attack or impugn the character of another. We are fully persuaded that each ministry operates with the highest respect for Biblical principles and the legal guidelines of our state.

For the purpose of unity and clarification, adjustments have been graciously made in the previously issued statements (gsbc.edu, wcbc.edu) of each ministry which better reflect the spirit and content of our dealings.

We rejoice for every laborer trained for the harvest and every soul brought to Christ in our respective ministries. We wish to model Christian kindness and respect to each other in a way that encourages servants of God across the nation to keep standing for what is right.

We covet your prayers as we labor for Christ in this needy hour. Our nation needs strong local churches and Christlike men of God like never before.

Well they changed it again. Wow.

http://gsbc.edu/recent_news/responsive-statement-to-west-coast-baptist-colleges-statement-regarding-dr-zacharys-termination/

GSBCgeneric
Back to All News
Response Statement to West Coast Baptist College’s Statement Regarding Dr. Mike Zachary

May 13, 2014
On May 14, several revisions were made to our original statement. There were concerns that our statement implied that Dr. Chappell willfully interfered with a police investigation. It was not our intention to personally attack Dr. Chappell or further escalate an already difficult situation for both ministries. With that in mind, we are withdrawing the statements which are lined through below.

On April 21, 2014, Dr. Jack Trieber telephoned Dr. Paul Chappell to cancel a breakfast appointment that Dr. Chappell had requested with him. Dr. Trieber explained that he did not think that it would be an appropriate time for them to meet because there was an on-going criminal investigation in Santa Clara regarding Dr. Mike Zachary, the Chairman of West Coast Baptist College’s music department.

Dr. Chappell was told that the investigation was on-going and that it was criminal. Dr. Trieber suggested that Dr. Chappell not interfere with the police investigation, and Dr. Trieber always viewed the allegations as both immoral and potentially criminal. That is why Dr. Trieber immediately and personally reported within the hour the allegations to the authorities upon the advice of his legal counsel at the NCLL. Dr. Trieber never recommended that Dr. Chappell keep Dr. Zachary, or any of his staff, as that was Dr. Chappell’s decision to make.

Irrespective of potentially interfering with the police investigation, Dr. Chappell proceeded to interview Dr. Zachary. During the course of these interviews, Dr. Chappell discovered a number of highly troubling facts and serious admissions from Dr. Zachary—Dr. Chappell’s staff member—that led to Dr. Zachary’s termination. It was later disclosed to Dr. Trieber, on May 1, 2014, that one of his staff members may have known about some of these sinful actions of Dr. Zachary. Once confirmed, this staff member was relieved of his responsibilities on May 2, 2014.

The actions to which Dr. Chappell stated Dr. Zachary confessed were clearly acts of damaging sinful behavior. Dr. Zachary’s dismissal—from a high position of leadership within a Bible college—was completely appropriate. We wholeheartedly agree with Dr. Chappell’s decision to dismiss Dr. Zachary immediately.

To be perfectly clear, when West Coast Baptist College hired Dr. and Mrs. Zachary, it was done without Dr. Trieber’s direction. Dr. Zachary had resigned from Golden State Baptist College and lined up his interviews at West Coast Baptist College before Dr. Trieber was even aware of Dr. Zachary’s future life plans.

As a matter of policy, North Valley Baptist Church and Golden State Baptist College report all matters of potential child abuse to the authorities. We do not cover child abuse and we do not hire child abusers. We also do not tolerate immorality among our staff.

Please pray for those who have been deeply hurt and affected by the actions of others through this sad situation. They are the ones that are truly injured.

We took this opportunity with our staff and deacons to make sure that they understood that failure to immediately report allegations of child abuse is a crime in the State of California and it is grounds for immediate dismissal from our ministry. Transparency, child safety, and accountability are essential for successful ministry leadership.

And this one.

http://wcbc.edu/articles/statement-regarding-dr-mike-zachary

Statement Regarding Dr. Mike Zachary
May 12, 2014

We are adding the following words to our statement effective 5/13/2014:

On April 21, 2014, we received a phone call from the administration at North Valley Baptist Church in Santa Clara, California, indicating that there had been an ongoing investigation involving an incident with Dr. Mike Zachary. The incident, which we specifically were told had not been proven at that time to be “immoral or illegal,” allegedly took place during his employment there several years ago. While we were given no details of the incident, it was our understanding that there was no cause at that time for dismissal of Dr. Zachary from our employment.

Our administration immediately began a series of meetings with Dr. Zachary to attempt to ascertain the nature of this past situation at the North Valley Baptist Church. It saddens us to share today that in these meetings, while Dr. Zachary admitted to no physical acts of immorality, he did acknowledge temptations and sinful behavior that was inconsistent with what he had disclosed in his interview process a few years ago. At that moment, for the integrity of the ministry, it was determined to dismiss Dr. Zachary.

During our employment interview with Dr. Zachary a few years ago, neither he nor his former employer disclosed any issue of concern regarding impropriety to us when they were asked. We have no reason to believe his former employer had any information about the matters to be disclosed about Dr. Zachary.

Dr. Zachary has expressed repentance for his untruthfulness and behavior. However, because he was not forthright in his interview and because of the behavior and personal struggle he has shared, Dr. Zachary was dismissed.

There have been no allegations or admissions of impropriety or sin during his time here at West Coast Baptist College. We know of no victims of any actions of Dr. Zachary.

While in a meeting with Dr. Zachary, it came to our attention that an employee of North Valley Baptist Church and Golden State Baptist College had been aware of Dr. Zachary’s struggles. In the spirit of full disclosure, we contacted their ministry with specific information regarding their employee.

Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College abide by scriptural principles and written policies when handling such matters. We have not, and will not recommend biblically disqualified persons to another ministry.

We are unaware of the status of the investigation with the North Valley Baptist Church, or any other entities, but pledge to pray for them at this difficult time.

Due to the fact that we are told there is an investigation, it is important that if anyone knows of any impropriety at any ministry where Dr. Zachary has served, we encourage them to report it to the authorities immediately.

Our board of deacons and West Coast Baptist College advisory members have been made aware of this situation.

Due to the need for personal family counsel, we have provided counsel for the Zacharys through a certified Christian counselor. The counseling is underway, and we ask you to pray for the entire Zachary family at this time. We also request prayer for Mrs. Zachary’s mother who was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease a few days ago. The Zacharys are praying about their future plans, and we are asking God to guide them in the process and help them to be restored through the grace of God and with help from the people of God (Galatians 6:1). They are aware of the publishing of this statement.

Anyone with questions regarding this matter from a West Coast Baptist College perspective may contact Dr. John Goetsch. Anyone with concerns of impropriety or illegal actions should contact the authorities.

Read a follow up statement: http://wcbc.edu/articles/follow-up-statement-regarding-dr-mike-zachary
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:00:33 PM by bgwilkinson »

Walt said:
IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:

As you probably know, Mike Zachary (WCBC) and Brad Boruff (GSBC) were both suddenly removed from their positions, and all mention of them was scrubbed from the churches' and colleges' web sites.

Both Paul Chappel and Jack Trieber had statements put up on their respective websites that provided a slightly confusing and differing view.  They were taking down again pretty speedily, but once something is posted to the Internet, it is hard to really get rid of it.

Based on their statements (which don't fully agree with each other), it appears that JT became aware of an investigation concerning MZ, and notified PC, who then interviewed MZ.  MZ then confessed about something; enough to be terminated immediately by WCBC. Details were not given; PC wrote that MZ confessed to "no physical acts of immorality" but did confess to "temptations and sinful behavior".  Part of MZ's confession was that he had been working with BB to overcome his sin. PC passed this on to JT, who immediately fired BB... I gather BB, and all GSBC employees have a requirement to tell JT about potential scandals like this.  PC said that MZ was in counseling regarding his family and the situation.

GSBC claims that MZ confessed to acts of gross immorality and potential criminality, and then went on to talk about how they don't tolerate abuse of children.

The police decided to drop their investigation, and MZ moved to Florida.

I believe that all of the above are facts.  Many people have drawn conclusions from these facts.

I hope this helps.

If anyone wants to read the many statements that were deleted they are here on another thread reply 104.
http://www.fundamentalforums.org/hyles-anderson-college/mike-zachary-being-investigated/100/

One really wonders now why these open truthful transparent statements are no longer available on their web sites?

prophet said:
Walt said:
prophet said:
IFB X-Files said:
Johnny Yuma said:

there were statements made, initially,  that were removed in less than a week.  In one statement, from Lancaster, the word homosexual was used.
I wasn't the one who posted the link, byt someone on here did.  It was removed on lancaster's end, and WC had a joint release with GS, where they collaborated stories.

Some people saved off everything that was posted, and there was no such posting that I saw... but there could have been a statement that was posted and came off rapidly... but I think the copy has everything posted.

Is this who I think it is?

musiccamp_0.jpg

Check this out.
http://wcbc.edu/articles/music-copyright-guide

Is more scrubbing in order?