Missing In Action -- or -- Left Behind, The FFF Board Game

PappaBear

Elect
Reaction score
I know I may get in trouble for this.  But "discovering" this place with some familiar faces got me to thinking about old times.  People have asked about favorite old threads and such.  How about people you miss?  Maybe some of these are here, just with new handles?  There are some people that are missed.  Or, as they used to say in an occasional post on the old board -- "ROLL CALL!"

CorpseNoMore -- thinker, generally kind debater.  We usually were on opposite sides of an issue, but I do not recall a cross word between us.

Jipster -- She used to do the Jippy dance.  Make her mad, and she would cyber-dance on your head!

PreachersWife -- Watching some of the old FFF "men" gang up on her is what coaxed me to make my first post back in 1999.

BHarris -- Usually mixed it up well and held her own

Calallily -- Would change screen names, but this was the first one I knew her as.  Sometimes extremest.  Liked sock puppets.  If I remember right, she started her own site once called "Hard Truth."

Coyote -- who can forget his howling? "Does All Mean ALL?!"  He posted interesting stories of his experiences in either the Texas or Oklahoma forums.  His posts reduced to a trickle, and then as far as I know he disappeared.  Hat tip to you, Coy!  </:eek:)

browsing -- always the gentleman, but of course wearing some cowboy chaps.  Excellent writer, good counselor.  Rarely posted, but when he did, it was always one to read. 

Ryan DeBarr -- first FFF poster I ever met in real life after getting to know him online.  That was an interesting meet up, discovering that someone is really different in person than what you come to expect from their online persona.  Ryan, if you are out there, you are missed.  And the humorous puppets, of course.  Gotta go soul-hunt'n sometime.

Servant -- As I recall, a somewhat reserved poster.  He made a comment on a website somewhere about the Fundamentalist Forums when I was brand new to online.  That is what directed me to the board the first time.  It was at a time that I was really struggling with figuring out how I felt about HAC.  I do not recall interacting with him, just lurking and reading his posts helped me see some things in a different light so that for the first time I did not feel compelled to make Jack Hyles out to be either the Supreme Being nor Satan Incarnate.  *Salutes, wherever you have walked off to.

The G Man -- What on earth was a Pentecostal doing on a Fundamental Baptist Board?  One of the few people I was convinced could strum a guitar in tongues! A tip o' de ole hat to you, tonight!  </:eek:)

DeepSix -- Any reference to Mangum P.I. will flash back my memory to him.  Not a prolific poster, but gifted with common sense and a way to weave it around some story.  And his experiences or those of his family always seemed to supply plenty of those.  He is the one who got me hooked on reading Clive Cussler novels.  Hey, man!  *Hat tip </:eek:).  Drop a depth charge or two from time to time when you get a chance if you aren't out working for NUMA!

WangFu --  A Rolling pin and "Pay The Jar!" if you used a no-no word.  She was a card, and one of the best FFF posters.  As I remember, prolific with the (nt) posts (no post, just the subject line in the thread).  *Hat tip </:eek:), Lady!  Out of respectful fear of the old rolling pin, I will refrain from saying you were "PUGnacious."

justmama -- Funny person, good friend.  Back in college I always called her, "Burt."  She passed some years ago, but is sorely missed.

BibleThumper1611 -- used to post a lot, then sorta disappeared?  Did he reincarnate under a different name?

Sailorman -- Was one of the most humorous to read.  Seriously made me crack up with his posts.  Then he too just seemed to suddenly disappear.

Elizabeth -- She used to give out an award for post of the day.  I couldn't believe myself, but it was like being a kid again and hitting a home run in little league if she ever chose one of my posts for it.  I'm thinking she was the one who also kept up with birthdays and anniversaries and such.  A rare jewel of a poster.

Havana/Probity -- I thought she was a Cuban Refugee!  Then I was embarrassed to find out she had been at HAC around the same time as I.  She had a little girl she called "The Dance."  She went through some pretty rough times.  So, for a smile, I throw down a big sombrero and do a *Mexican Hat Dance -- Cha! Cha! Cha!  (Oh, my knee!  That hurt my knee! Where's the liniment?!?)

water05 -- She could make some of those Cal-Nuts' teeth chatter, and I just loved to watch that.  One of the most aggressive and speedy posters I ever saw for not posting spam, she could carry on 5 or more threads at once across 3 or more forums, and have fairly good info, not just cut-n-paste.  She was an admin for awhile over on the old Friendly Forum.  I heard they moved to Oklahoma a few years back, and have not seen her posting anywhere for quite some time.

Remonstrant -- Good friend, and fellow audio book nut.  *Hat tip </:eek:), my friend.  This ain't the old Friendly.  It seemed you could always find just the right pic to poke fun at some posts. 

tachbuloth -- I remember him posting, but so long ago.  What I most liked was his screen name, never understood it.  But it was fun to call him "tablecloth."

Marine -- well, he recently made a few posts here.  A good post could earn you an OUTSTINKINGSTANDING!! from him, and that was like a blue ribbon at the County Fair.  One of the best evangelists I have ever known and a mentor from my teen years.  Can you believe it has been that long?  Brother, you must be getting up there 'cause I ain't no spring chicken no more.

No doubt in my mind that my tired brain is forgetting some.  And with the disappearance both of the original FFF and my old hard drive, my memory does not retain as well as I would like it to.

So ... who do some of you older people miss?  Phil Armenik?  I Have To Laugh?  Flummox?  Baptist?  Webmaster?  Who do you recall, and why?

I keep in touch with Havana/ probity she is well.  Callaliy was here under new name.... we were chat buddies that's where I learned to type fast in chat lol

Dr. Khoury

:D

tachbuloth passed away as well a couple years ago.

Remo was here I don't know what happened. Ryan was the best comic and good common sense. he also had aka...lol

Most of these posters where at the old FFF before my time, I started posting in 2007.
I had the privilege of knowing JustMama.
I do miss Teri, Mrs. Strongbag and Fishinut.
There was also this nutty poster: Beareanshockandawe.
He was a hoot.
What about Grounded Grid?
He was a cantankerous old soul, but he definitely livened up the forum.
Precious memories!
I guess I'm a generation X newby poster!

16KJV11 I some time hate my phone it says I have a message but I can't find it....

Sherryh said:
16KJV11 I some time hate my phone it says I have a message but I can't find it....
Not a problem.
But I'll share a prayer request about that situation we were talking about.
On Saturday, the Jaguar Club of Pittsburgh will be hosting a car show in the town I pastor in.
My real father owns an old 2 door Jag from the 60's and I'm almost certain that he will be there.
I'll just happen to saunter over to where they are showing the cars and try to look him up.
It seems like this is the only way I'll be able to find him b/c my half brother doesn't seem interested in conversing with me.
Please pray that I do find him, and if I do find him for God to give me wisdom, tact and grace.  I think you know why I'm praying for all these things!

We will be praying...keep us posted

Who was it always had the egg flippers?

Wangfu she was a sweet heart

Sherryh said:
Wangfu she was a sweet heart

That she is. She is in declining health and not able to participate on the forums.

Smelling let her know we were talking about her love and hugs to this dear lady....

Pappa, I miss your fellow Mountaineer Chad Fletcher and his wife :D :D :D jeri. <ahem> :D

Two posters from this forum that I personally met, one was a Crownie known as ThisTreasure (miss ya Tag), and another worthless nut (code for Buckeye :D) Primitive Baptist known as Pierre. 

ALAYMAN said:
Pappa, I miss your fellow Mountaineer Chad Fletcher and his wife :D :D :D jeri. <ahem> :D

Say it isn't so!  I decided to take the high road and not list those I didn't miss  8)  Yes, there are a few on there.  Now I'm hearing that girl's line from the movie "White Christmas" -- Mutual, I'm sure.

ALAYMAN said:
Two posters from this forum that I personally met, one was a Crownie known as ThisTreasure (miss ya Tag), and another worthless nut (code for Buckeye :D) Primitive Baptist known as Pierre.
I remember Treasure.  Didn't he go off to Bible College or something?  I do recall he had very good posts.  Hope he is doing well.

Sherryh said:
Smelling let her know we were talking about her love and hugs to this dear lady....
Same here, please.  Ya think that if we got an old egg flipper, spray painted it gold, and put some sealant on it, we could send it to her as a memento?  To let her know we remembered her fondly?  Would it bring a smile, or depress her, or -- nothing, ya think?

Anyway, blessings to them both.

I can't remember what name she used on the old FFF, but on the Friendly Forum she was Tina.  Miss that girl.